Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

vipco 8th July 2008 11:35 AM

Last bought, On the Road Again, The Devil wears Prada and got the missus The Omen 4 disc boxset for 7 quid in HMV sale .
Was tempted by the Alien 9 disc boxset for ?10 in HMV sale. Can anyone recommend this.?
My next purches will be the La Vein Rose tin box edition ?25 and a cdr of Sex and the City.( I'll buy this when it comes out offically )
I also need to start picking up some more BluRays but the store selection is pretty poor at the moment.

mark meakin 8th July 2008 12:05 PM

The Alien Quadrilogy is an essential purchase at that price.I paid about 56.00 when the set first came out:mad:.I love all the Alien films & I prefer Alien 3 in the longer cut in the set.Some nice extras too.I have the newer Omen set too after upgrading from the first boxset.The original film is one of my very favourites.BTW it's a six disc set not four as the first film has an extra disc & the remake which is watchable is included.

Matt 8th July 2008 12:20 PM

Yesterday I picked up There Will Be Blood and Frontiers.

There Will Be Blood is superb. Highly recommended. Everything about the film is great (I love the ending so much... 'I drink your milkshake' has become one of my favourite sayings)

Frontiers is a recent French horror movie. It's very 'homagey', which is either good or bad depending on your taste. The violence is strong and there's blood to spare. Probably worth a rent if you're not sure. People seem to be split into two camps over whether they love or hate it. I can understand why some people didn't get on with the movie, but I really dug it.

vipco 8th July 2008 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark meakin (Post 9350)
The Alien Quadrilogy is an essential purchase at that price.I paid about 56.00 when the set first came out:mad:.I love all the Alien films & I prefer Alien 3 in the longer cut in the set.Some nice extras too.I have the newer Omen set too after upgrading from the first boxset.The original film is one of my very favourites.BTW it's a six disc set not four as the first film has an extra disc & the remake which is watchable is included.

Yer right Mark, it is 6.
I'll get that Alien box set as my vhs of A3 is Russian language with foreign subs , not really of much use . A mate brought me it back years ago said it was longer than the UK version .

I enjoyed Frontiers as well Matt.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 8th July 2008 05:36 PM

KILLER'S MOON is a MUST folks;)

bedorca 8th July 2008 08:38 PM

Just picked up Vipco's (the label not the forum member!!) Zombie Nosh

What a great movie :woot:

Sam@Cult Labs 8th July 2008 09:06 PM

Relating to the recent post about getting Alien and Omen box sets for pennies in HMV sale.

the biggest bargain you can pick up there is the Planet of the Apes stuff.

The movie box set for ?7

and the laughable but entertaining TV series for a tenner.

My most recent DVD buys are :

Grave of the Vampires, great film, dismal print
There will be blood

and I just got sent:

Kwaidan
Onibaba

and best of all...

the complete Maid Marian Tv series. So I'm going to revert to being 14 for a week!

kevxxx1 8th July 2008 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vipco (Post 9343)
Last bought, On the Road Again, The Devil wears Prada and got the missus The Omen 4 disc boxset for 7 quid in HMV sale.

This made me laugh. You bought On The Road Again and The Devil Wears Prada and got your missus The Omen Box Set - and you call yourself a seasoned gorehound :) (I suppose one at least has 'Devil' in the title) :D

vipco 9th July 2008 12:16 AM

Yep, On the Road Again is nine below zero live at Wilbarston hall who are 4 guys I love , musicaly , though Dennis Greeves is a lovely looking fella, check my avatar, and have followed for over 20 years, so im allowed that one.

Devil Wears Prada, well, what can I say.? I love 'chick flicks. They keep me in touch with my feminine side. LOL

kevxxx1 9th July 2008 07:34 AM

LOL. Saw Paul Verhoeven's Black Book yesterday. Verhoeven can be hit or miss but when he's good he's very good indeed (Robocop, Starship Troopers). This was very good and recommended.