Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th December 2020 11:10 PM

Decemberdike # 8

1 Attachment(s)
Train to Busan (2016)

Not sure what all the fuss was about with this movie. Nothing new is added to zombie film making, unless being both gore free and scare free counts as something new and it being overlong at two hours in length.

I found it all quite generic and a bit boring to be honest.

Demoncrat 15th December 2020 12:06 AM

Tenet (2020, Christopher Nolan)

See how they always say that empty vessels make the most noise?
Welcome to a very bland looking landscape.
Pretty, yes. But hollow
Portentousness abounds.
Just like Interstellar, this seems to hold weight and have depth. But that is a forced perspective.
Admittedly the best I've seen from Branagh. But that's it.

Now for a 9 hour FF marathon (1 thing). :xmaslol:

NEXT.

Demoncrat 15th December 2020 11:28 AM

Marble Hornets

FF. When a young man looks through some old rehearsal tapes for a film project, he doesn't just find some bloopers ....
I'm about 2 hours into this thing, and it's a tad amateurish in places, so the scares aren't really working. Did it "inspire" this Slender Man phenomena?? Regardless, I do sort of want to see how they spin it out (web series originally?) to such a length. Hmmm.
At least it's not as stoopid as Tenet. :xmaslol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th December 2020 03:22 PM

Decemberdike # 9

1 Attachment(s)
We Summon the Darkness (2019)

For it's first forty minutes i loved this. Set in the late 80's it trailed three girls on their way to a metal gig (It showed the performance...some band miming to Mercyful Fate's Black Funeral) who meet up with three guys doing likewise.

Cue much chat about Def Leppard, Dave Mustaine and Cliff Burton, together with drugs and drinking before the girls take the guys back to their place in the country, tie the guys up then begin to torture them as if they were a satanic cult.

And then things really go downhill as it becomes a wearisome game of cat and mouse, girls vs boys, in a fight to the death, or mainly hiding behind locked doors shouting at one another.

Johnny Knoxville who features prominently on the dvd cover, appears as a metal hating tv preacher until the final reel in what is nothing more than a cameo. A pity as the movie could have done with more of him and less of the contrived second half plot cliches.

Justin101 15th December 2020 03:53 PM

I agree whole-heartedly. I was quite disappointed, especially after the first half being pretty cool!

Demoncrat 15th December 2020 09:53 PM

Marble Hornets .... part two.

Now I'm about 4 hours into this thing, and the overarching feeling is it must have been a series surely? (not looking into it in case I find spoilers :xmaslol:)
The timeline seems a tad jumbled. Could it all be a scam?
Our intrepid protagonist finds more tapes with "clues" sprinkled in amongst them.
An ex cast member suddenly reappears with no visible marks, and some more bloody tapes.
At the very least, I'll finally get to use that turkey emoji if it all craps out on me ....

Demoncrat 16th December 2020 11:03 AM

Hornets 3: The never ending story ...

6 hours in and it's picking up. It WAS a series (DUH).
I think I can guess that final image, but will be happy to be surprised.
After this, it's a few Merton Park flicks for me hahaha ahem.

Dave Boy 16th December 2020 11:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 230023
THE HOUND OF THE BASKERVILLES (1939)

Basil Rathbone starts the first of 14 movies as Sherlock Holmes.
Great stuff. Atmospheric, with good sets and painted backdrops. You would have thought that this was a Universal film by the look of it, but the first two movies were actually released by 20th Century Fox.

Dave Boy 16th December 2020 04:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 230028
MURDER IN THE BLUE ROOM (1944)

Rare Universal mystery/comedy. A sort of remake of Universal's Secret Of The Blue Room (1933).
Once again, the story surrounds a mysterious death in the Blue Room of the 'haunted house' and anyone staying in the room dissapears. The guests at a party are suspected.
This one though has a string of song and dance numbers thrown in as well.
It's actually quite funny with most of the wise cracks coming from the song and dance act 'The Jazzy Belles'.

Demdike@Cult Labs 16th December 2020 07:19 PM

Decemberdike # 10

1 Attachment(s)
Monster on the Campus (1958)

Another creature feature directed by Jack Arnold about an extinct fish which turns everything it comes into contact with into raving monsters, be it a dragonfly, a pet dog (with ludicrous teeth) or people.

There's a reasonable amount of tension, one or two scares and some pretty strong violence for it's time - one unlucky fella gets a hatchet in the face, a woman is dragged around by her hair - but as with many films of this ilk there's also too much time taken with people in lab coats sat around discussing things, not to mention random acts of dumbness by people who should know better, rather than getting to the nitty gritty of Neanderthal mutations running round killing folk.

Demoncrat 16th December 2020 08:27 PM

Marble Hornets

And breathe (and piss and put the kettle on .....) :xmaslol:

Apparently there was a lot of "additional" material on the Twitter? Which does explain why some of it just does not make sense ahem. The ending was .... a tad underwhelming imho.

Guess what? They made a bloody film as well!! I don't think I'll be "Always Watching" that one cough cough.
Some decent imagery aside, this is about the "shakiest" I've seen and would not recommend it to anyone with epilepsy ahem.

Now I'm going to watch Magnum Force :laugh:

iank 16th December 2020 08:52 PM

Imagine Me & You. A young woman (Piper Perabo) thinks she's happy marrying her best friend, only to start becoming powerfully and unexpectedly attracted to someone else at her wedding - another woman (Lena Headey). This mid 2000s romantic comedy is lightweight but amusing and sweet enough to pass muster, and Anthony Head is funny as Perabo's zoned-out dad. :santadance:

Demdike@Cult Labs 17th December 2020 07:38 PM

Decemberdike # 11

1 Attachment(s)
The Assent (2019)

The film title refers to the third stage of demonic possession - the first two being the presence and the affliction. The Assent is one of the subtler demonic possession movies i've seen, dealing with a child being possessed (don't they all) but also the child's father's schizophrenia which manifests itself in weird and wonderful ways throughout the film giving quick flashes of Hellraiser style malevolence which director Pearry Reginald Teo did so brilliantly in Necromentia (2009).

Although clearly low budget the film does a pretty good job of keeping things interesting with one or two flourishes that make this different from the norm. For instance having a nurse (An uncredited Tatum O' Neal) on hand during the exorcism in case things go awry.

The Assent is a slo-burn horror movie which won't appeal to all, especially those who like jump scares every fifteen minutes, but it is well acted by all and has a good use of practical effects. All in all although it's not a particularly original film it's one i'll return to in the future and i can't say the same about most films of this genre.

Demdike@Cult Labs 17th December 2020 11:09 PM

Decemberdike # 12

1 Attachment(s)
Double Date (2017)

Two guys hook up with two deadly sisters who drug them and take them back to their place for some occult style sacrifice.

Same territory as We Summon the Darkness here. Murderous girls and lads playing the victim and it played out pretty similar too. Absolutely loved it whilst it was a kind of Inbetweeners style smutty lads on the lash style comedy but when it became a slasher movie it tread water, dispensed with all the laugh out loud comedy and became tiresome.

For me Michael Socha (Brother of Misfits star Lauren) was the standout performer. His idiocy keeps the movie rolling from one preposterous level to the next.

Nordicdusk 18th December 2020 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 642296)
The Assent (2019)

The film title refers to the third stage of demonic possession - the first two being the presence and the affliction. The Assent is one of the subtler demonic possession movies i've seen, dealing with a child being possessed (don't they all) but also the child's father's schizophrenia which manifests itself in weird and wonderful ways throughout the film giving quick flashes of Hellraiser style malevolence which director Pearry Reginald Teo did so brilliantly in Necromentia (2009).

Although clearly low budget the film does a pretty good job of keeping things interesting with one or two flourishes that make this different from the norm. For instance having a nurse (An uncredited Tatum O' Neal) on hand during the exorcism in case things go awry.

The Assent is a slo-burn horror movie which won't appeal to all, especially those who like jump scares every fifteen minutes, but it is well acted by all and has a good use of practical effects. All in all although it's not a particularly original film it's one i'll return to in the future and i can't say the same about most films of this genre.

Sounds really interesting .

Demoncrat 18th December 2020 10:56 AM

It's an odd wee thing imho. Stood out against The Lodge and The Blackcoat's Daughter (watched all three one weekend etc). Still recommend TBD though, nice little find that one ...imho. Enjoy!!

iank 18th December 2020 08:40 PM

Annabelle Comes Home. It's a bit lame, innit? And it's kind of a shame cause the set-up is good, the atmosphere is good and the cast/characters are very likeable and watchable, but what really lets is down is the last act, which should be the scariest part but is actually... kinda boring. Eh. :xmastongue:

Demoncrat 18th December 2020 09:29 PM

Satan Place: Soap Opera From Hell (1988)

Back to the SOV.
A rather amusing little compendium this one, quite gory in places and quite silly in others. Just what the doctor ordered. A hoot.

The Investigation: A Haunting In Sherwood (2019, Richard Mansefield)

FF. When an insurance snooper decides to take the lazy route to his next case, woe is him as this ain't no disco, this ain't no fooling around. The tenant has two black cats (decent actors the pair tee hee), and the effects were reasonable. Ending did seem a smidgen rushed for all that.

A Haunting In Sherwood 2 (2020)

A sequel? How surprising :xmaslol:
This centres around a medium who camps down in the house from the first flick in hope to rise her profile cough. Unluckily for her, a stalker is out to discredit her. That performance was a tad .... OTT. I thought that she was auditioning for The Joker at points tbh :lol:
One decent scare for all that ... maybe I shouldn't sit so close to the monitor fnarr.

Demoncrat 18th December 2020 11:12 PM

Nigel The Psychopath: The 33rd Anniversary Director's Cut

Imagine an unholy pile up of Alien Beasts, Things, Deadly Games aaaaaaaaand it gave me Marble Hornets flashbacks (maaan, I've seen some stuff etc).
Ahem. Obviously filmed in 40 square feet. Some cast members cannot keep a straight face. Still more entertaining than that Tenet.

:xmasbanana::xmaslol:

Demoncrat 19th December 2020 08:38 PM

Heavy Metal Massacre (1989, David De Falco)

Put on a thing called Greedy Terror (wouldn't you??), but the PQ was ... spotty to be diplomatic, so gave up and put this on instead. A tad sluggishly paced, this is the tale of a backcombed bastard who preys on the female denziens of the metal scene. It ambles along with no real sense of urgency. Cops are investigating, but by flip they take their time as well. Hey, they can't all be Video Violence, still the pick of the bunch imho. :hail::nod::pop2:

nicholasrope 19th December 2020 10:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sonic The Hedgehog

Jim Carrey hams it up as the villain of the film adaptation of the computer game. I was expecting this to be similar to The Adventures Of Rocky And Bullwinkle but it it's somewhat enjoyable

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th December 2020 06:51 PM

Decemberdike # 13

1 Attachment(s)
Rasputin: The Mad Monk (1966)

Sir Christopher Lee stars as Rasputin, Russia's greatest love machine, and he rocks. In fact he rocks it like a hurricane.

Excellent stuff from the cast of Dracula Prince of Darkness.

I bought this dual format edition a few months ago mainly for the extras.

Nostalgic 20th December 2020 10:45 PM

Blood & Black Lave (Bava, (1964)

Amazing early giallo about murders in a fashion house. Beautiful cinematography which looks amazing in Arrow's blu ray edition, this looks better by far than most films made today! Great soundtrack & lots of detective work (both on screen & for the audience), strangely enough this had me thinking (for the first time) of Black Christmas (Bob Clarke).
10/10

Demoncrat 21st December 2020 12:09 AM

Great double bill

So

Get on with it!!

:lol:

Justin101 21st December 2020 05:48 PM

A quick (?!!!) rewatch of Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (extended edition) this afternoon, yes the end credits really are 27 minutes long!!

https://medias.spotern.com/spots/w64...1532336916.jpg

:sleighride:

gag 21st December 2020 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 642601)
A quick (?!!!) rewatch of Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (extended edition) this afternoon, yes the end credits really are 27 minutes long!!

https://medias.spotern.com/spots/w64...1532336916.jpg

:sleighride:

Didn’t think was that long but it is in as the longest end credits.
BBC NEWS | Entertainment | Film | Hollywood's lengthening film credits
According to this it’s almost 10 min.

Justin101 21st December 2020 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 642608)
Didn’t think was that long but it is in as the longest end credits.
BBC NEWS | Entertainment | Film | Hollywood's lengthening film credits
According to this it’s almost 10 min.

It lists every member of the Lord of the Rings fanclub in alphabetical order; as soon as the film ended I pressed pause and it literally said 27 mins remaining... I let it play to the end as well so I could listen to the music :)

Frankie Teardrop 21st December 2020 10:21 PM

Frankie's pre-xmas roundup part 1 - thought I'd get these in before the jolly stuff starts for real, if it hasn't already (ulp).

THE UNTOLD STORY – Notorious HK Cat 3 flick given the VIP treatment ‘at last’, courtesy of Unearthed Films and their new, lovely looking blu-ray. In this case, aforementioned ‘look’ is lovelier than the film, which is well-known to splatter and sleaze fans but is basically about a deranged restauranteur who steals a south Chinese diner after he does a Sweeney Todd on the previous owners. Various nastinesses ensue, only to be undermined by some typical ‘broad’ HK ‘humour’, possibly designed to weigh good against evil but ultimately tipping the balance in favour of absurdity and potential rubbishness – actually, truth be told this levity sticks in the craw because a lot of it revolves around the general goofiness of the police, only for the latter part of the movie to blitz us with a pretty harsh depiction of systemic violence. ‘The Untold Story’ is definitely a bizarre curio however, and it’s inevitable that anyone with a few treasured memories of the days of seedy bootlegs will want to pick it up, though it’s weird seeing it nice and spotless.

PATRICK LIVES AGAIN – This sequel-in-name-only to ‘Patrick’ takes the original’s theme of telekinesis and sinks it deep within a cess-pit of sleaze... would you want the director of ‘Giallo A Venezia’ to show any undue respect for cinematic nicety? Thank your lucky stars if you found the first film as dull as I did, for ‘Patrick Still Lives’ forgets the human drama and simply ladles on the sexy violent weirdness, including laughable glowing green eye visuals and a fairly gross genital skewering. Despite it all amounting to not much more than cinematic froth, somehow there’s a real downer atmosphere about it; the free-flowing nudity is scuzzy rather than erotic, and the setting, a big, lugubrious chateau, casts a morbid shadow leavened only by scenes of coma patients writhing orgiastically at the end. All of which makes it a winner in my book.

CRUEL JAWS – Distils the essence of Mattei into ninety-five mind-curdling minutes. It plays less like a horror film and more like a chewed-up soap opera interspersed with fragments of other movies. The last bit is literally true, and of course Mattei was notorious for that kind of recycling, in this case his only real chance of getting a shark onscreen for the shoestring he’d be working with. Apart from purloined shark footage, everything else is so disjointed that the film feels close to delirium, and, as with other Mattei flicks, that makes for a pretty wild feeling for a bit, until it all gets a bit too much like hard work. A plastic masterpiece of soulless hollowness.

VIOLENCE IN A WOMAN’S PRISON – Double Mattei – talk about cruel and unusual punishment, though VIAWP proves he can direct to a decent degree. I say ‘decent’; this film is nothing of the kind, but at least it doesn’t contain any of his erstwhile stock-footage shenanigans. What it does contain is a number of well-managed set-pieces and scenes (among them a hilariously contrived excremental dousing and a gonzo rat attack – he obviously has a thing for rodents, does Bruno) that sell it as a well put-together exploitation flick with good, moody camerawork, a hazy atmosphere and groovy eighties synth music of VHS-classic era provenance.

Dave Boy 22nd December 2020 09:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 230158
CARRY ON ABROAD (1972)

One of my favourite Carry On movies. A great laugh full of double meanings and excellent charactors. Saucy postcard humour at it's best.
** TV showings are usually cut!

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....z0d2L._AC_.jpg

Frankie Teardrop 22nd December 2020 08:02 PM

Hunched over a COVID-infected mince pie with only the most dubious looking of carrots for company, I bring you Frankie's pre-xmas round-up part 2...

WHODUNIT? – New to me this one, and I have to say I really enjoyed it. As the title suggests, it’s a murder mystery (rejigged as a slasher, since it hails from the early eighties) set on an island where a bunch of fairly obnoxious wannabes have gathered to make a film. Whoever is offing them is using the utterly bizarre gimmick of foreshadowing their deaths by way of a new wave song (its lyrics specify the mode of demise)! Top marks for weird invention, and for facilitating the contrived means by which a transistor conveniently appears at the right deathly moment. I also appreciated the fact that there are no likeable characters; this film has more non-stop spitfire venom than Andy Milligan at his most bitter and twisted. What an eccentric little relic.

SILENT NIGHT, DEADLY NIGHT 2 – Thought I’d better throw in something at least a little bit seasonal. SNDN is one of my fave slashers, and I do appreciate that SNDN2 has saved me the task of watching it again this year, because the first half of its run-time is taken up with condensed footage from the original movie – I would say we’re back in Bruno Mattei territory with that one, but even he wouldn’t have stooped to such a level of cheapness. The rest of it tells the perfunctory tale of brother-of-crazed-murderer-turns-to-murder-himself, but the delivery is fairly mind-boggling, with a central performance that begins as a basically standard depiction of a killer in jail and ends as an absolutely bizarre rendition of a man walking around shooting everyone and in sight whilst wiggling his eyebrows and going “hur hur hur… naughty”… endlessly. Totally trashy and pretty fun if you can dodge that feeling of being ever so slightly cheated.

REVENGE OF THE LIVING DEAD GIRLS – Saucy French horror from the eighties, but don’t expect any languorous poete maudit schtick a la Jean Rollin, ROTLDG has its feet firmly on / in the graveyard soil… sort of. Actually, it is pretty wacky, managing to shoehorn a plot about small-time industrial intrigue in a French village (!) into a storyline about the zombification of the dead via industrial waste. Along the way are bits of convenient nudity and snatches of repulsive gore… Severin (purveyors of this blu-ray) clearly have a bit of a thing about vag-impalement, see ‘Patrick Viva Ancora’, another recent one of theirs). Ages since I last saw it, still quite a baffling little morsel, even / especially ‘that ending’.

Demoncrat 22nd December 2020 09:05 PM

Sir, you are spoiling us. Xmas hath cometh early to this lair. Reviews par excellence!!

:hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail:

gag 22nd December 2020 09:52 PM

Holmes and Watson

Sam wanted to watch this I didn’t, I don’t like the 2 main characters to being with, and it looked garbage, is this what they call comedy these days ? my first instinct was correct utter tripe in the highest degree, to the point it was actually cringe worthy and embarrassing to watch, nothing remotely funny about this, after half hour I took dog out for a walk and let Sam finish it off herself. it’s tripe films like this that makes me realise why I don’t watch many comedies these days.

trebor8273 22nd December 2020 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 642703)
Holmes and Watson

Sam wanted to watch this I didn’t, I don’t like the 2 main characters to being with, and it looked garbage, is this what they call comedy these days ? my first instinct was correct utter tripe in the highest degree, to the point it was actually cringe worthy and embarrassing to watch, nothing remotely funny about this, after half hour I took dog out for a walk and let Sam finish it off herself. it’s tripe films like this that makes me realise why I don’t watch many comedies these days.

Never been a big fan of Ferrell but always liked John C Reilly. But have no intention of ever seeing this.

Dave Boy 22nd December 2020 10:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 230174
HYSTERIA (1965)

While in England, an American man is involved in a car crash. He has no memory of who is is or why he was in the car. A mysterious benefactor gives him a place to live where he starts having hallucinations of murder..

Hammer Films psychological murder mystery written by Jimmy Sangster.
Good movie with twists and turns until the final moments in Sangster's usual Hammer style.

gag 22nd December 2020 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 642704)
Never been a big fan of Ferrell but always liked John C Reilly. But have no intention of ever seeing this.

I would never have watched it either if it wasn’t for the other half.

Demdike@Cult Labs 22nd December 2020 11:04 PM

Decemberdike # 14

1 Attachment(s)
Child Eater (2016)

I don't rememeber anything about this other than a lot of eyeballs were gouged out. I think it was quite enjoyable though.

Thanks Tenjaku Japanese whisky.

Dave Boy 23rd December 2020 10:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 230177
THE TAKING OF PELHAM 1 2 3 (1974)

Passengers on a subway train are taken hostage in New York.
The demand is 1 Million dollars within an hour or a hostage will be shot every minute..

Good and sometimes tense movie as Robert Shaw is unmoving in his demands.
The subway control though, are portrayed as lazy and loadmouthed and the authorities incompetent.

Demdike@Cult Labs 23rd December 2020 03:19 PM

Decemberdike # 15

1 Attachment(s)
The Possession of Hannah Grace (2018)

A largely enjoyable if unoriginal tale of a possessed corpse set entirely in the confines of a Boston hospital morgue.

Following a well constructed set up the movie does run out of steam a bit which was a shame but forged ahead in the final twenty minutes with some genuine creepiness but the overall feeling is one of who cares. I was also puzzled as to how they could have a naked girl constantly on screen yet not once do we see even a boob.

Recent efforts like the Brian Cox starrer The Autopsy of Jane Doe were far scarier propositions i thought.

Frankie Teardrop 23rd December 2020 04:03 PM

Frankie's pre-xmas round-up - the third and final chapter... here comes Santa to give you all your prezzies in one tidy review;

MEMORIAL VALLEY MASSACRE – Pioneering eco-slasher, which for some reason I’ve always had a bit of a soft-spot for ever since I saw it on one of those crappy public domain-type “five for a pound… on one disc” jobs ten or fifteen years ago. Wouldn’t say I’ve revisited it that often since, but Vinegar Syndrome have come along to put everyone’s mind at rest with a definitive restoration. Who’d have thought in the early days of digital media that stuff like this would get such a deluxe boutique refurbishment? Maybe I’m naïve, but it’s so weird. I’m not complaining though, obviously. MVM is what it is, an arguably tongue-in-cheek daylit horror which has unaccountably chosen its would-be slasher in the form of a very clean looking Stig-of-the-dump type who seems keen to impose his wrath on campers and business guys who are spoiling a beauty spot. Not much ‘proper horror’ in the end maybe, and the killer arouses sympathy more than fearful awe, but the film is as much quirky as it’s questionably competent, although there’s a misplaced clever-cleverness to it that grates a bit. Weird shit from yesteryear.

FOES – Quite a find for me, an odd and genuinely eerie film about a UFO encounter on a bleak and windswept beach. Rather than take the ‘Close Encounters’ route and let the cosmic good vibes roll, ‘Foes’ allows us to peek at an altogether more sinister version of what it might be like to meet an extra-terrestrial intelligence in drug-addled seventies California. We follow some coastal types as they check out what’s going down with all these weird objects in the sky – a sparse, oddly empty-feeling narrative unfolds (I watched the director’s cut, the theatrical release is longer but padded out with ‘plot-enhancement’ via lots of scenes in a military complex). The special effects are great – I’m not really talking about the flying saucer, more the light-based visuals, they’re very simple but suggest something really eerie and maybe a bit hellish. A quiet, threadbare but affecting little movie.

GEMINI – From Shinya Tsukamoto, so you might expect a blizzard of harsh camera moves and cyborgs gone-wrong; ‘Gemini’, however, is several steps beyond ‘Tetsuo’ and much of his early stuff. It’s actually quite sedate, at first at least. A small-town doctor is adored by his patients, but his world falls apart when his folks die under mysterious circumstances and a doppelganger inserts itself into his life. ‘Gemini’ is really very nice to look at and uses an overload of Bava-esque lighting to push even some of its more innocuous moments towards a kind of delirium, minus the director’s hyperkinetic tendency (which I sometimes find a bit wearying looking back on it these days, to be honest). It’s never very clear whether it’s all a kind of psycho-dramatic externalisation of the lead character’s internal conflict, more of a thriller-type plot, or even something more supernatural, but in that respect ‘Gemini’ plays well on its enigma. A pungent exercise in atmosphere – fans of the director should like it.

Dave Boy 23rd December 2020 10:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 230187
El CID (1961)

Epic movie based on Spanish knight and hero Rodrigo DÃ*az de Vivar.
Exciting and colouful with good battle scenes and a cast of thousands.
Miklos Rozsa on familiar epic soundtrack duty.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/rrsAA...0sa/s-l300.jpg