Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

trebor8273 13th June 2021 06:27 PM

Watched these following The Last Drive in episodes.

Wolfcop
A girl walks home in the dark
Street trash
Hello Mary Lou. Prom night 2
Hellraiser 2

Hellraiser 2 was the best movie and the most interesting episode with both Doug Bradely and Ashley Laurence guest starring , with both giving interesting and insightful storys, the story about Clive Barker locking Barry Norman in room brought a smile too my face, Joe Bob came off as thick as pig shit at times being confused with the story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3Vu9FGtDLY

A shy young high school girl goes to Yugoslavia with her class mates , little does she know that she too be the bride of Satan whom wants to make the beast with two backs with her. Her classmates all soon begin to die in very gruesome and gory measures , with melting maggot faces, beheadings and impalings. Most of the film takes place on a runaway train , which in someways reminded me of horror express. A lot more enjoyable that I thought it would be.

Next up after I finish watching Buffy pilot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PxCzgsQ7Oc

nicholasrope 13th June 2021 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 654130)
That's one of the films that we had at the cinema when I was working there!

The target audience [pre-teens] loved it, and every time Michael Jackson appeared on the screen they would scream their little heads off. For the adults in the audience, however, it didn't really have the same effect, and when the screening had finished, numerous people were queuing at the box office, trying to get their money back, and more than one came up to me and said: "what time does the actual film start?"

That is really interesting, granted the excellent cover does have the tag line, a movie like no other but I'm guessing it's missing the point.

All it needed was a basic plot, it didn't need to have the greatest script or acting in the world, just Michael acting and singing. IT WAS A LICENCE TO PRINT MONEY.

If I remember correctly it was released in Cinemas at Christmas 88 and there was no Internet and the only reviews would in Papers/Magazines/TV and Radio so I'm wondering if it had a strong opening attendance but had a sudden drop within a couple of weeks?

If I was working in a Cinema at that time, I would have been imaging this to be one of the big hitters and a nightmare to deal with.

gag 13th June 2021 10:15 PM

Full Monty

British film making it it’s Best,

A film that no matter what is highly enjoyable,
A lot of what goes on in the film can relate to in real life,
British humour at its best it doesn’t take itself too serious, nor does it go out it’s way to even try to be funny, like when they’re all stood there in the Q and all slowly start dancing, it’s basic it’s simple and down to earth, it might not be belly laugh out loud humour but it’s a film that’s certainly keeps you smiling and entertained all the way through.

It was nominated for Best Picture
Best Director
Best Screenplay
Golden Globe Best Picture nomination

And know what it understandable why.

Susan Foreman 14th June 2021 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicholasrope (Post 654237)
If I remember correctly it was released in Cinemas at Christmas 88 and there was no Internet and the only reviews would in Papers/Magazines/TV and Radio so I'm wondering if it had a strong opening attendance but had a sudden drop within a couple of weeks?

To be honest, I don't remember a lot of things like that. I *think* it was a holiday period when we had the film, and that it was a daily matinee performance showing

Unlike the cinemas of today, the one I worked in was only a single screen theatre. It was also the only cinema in Gosport so (unless it was a big movie event like a Bond or Speilberg film, or a Disney release) we tended to get a new film on a weekly basis

Occasionally, if a film that was booked for a single week did well, we would extend its run for a second week, and sometimes a film would return later in the year / the following year

With 'Moonwalker' I do remember that a few weeks / months after it had gone we started to advertise a future presentation, which was the Cher / Nicolas Cage film 'Moonstruck', and a lot of members of the public (and some staff) mistook it for the Michael Jackson film, and started complaining most vocally!

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th June 2021 03:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
C.H.U.D. (1984)

Crap. Horror. Unless. Drunk.

trebor8273 14th June 2021 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 654266)
C.H.U.D. (1984)

Crap. Horror. Unless. Drunk.

I know it's crap but I've always enjoyed it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PxCzgsQ7Oc

Another horny devil story, this time Gabriel Bryan is the devil who possesses a wall street banker whom is looking for his bride a 20 year woman brought up by Satanist for the day of bonking which needs to take place in the last hour of the 20th century so the devil can rule the universe , only one man can stop the devil and that falls to the Austrian Oak hmself. Always enjoyed this the pace never lets up from the start. A great OTT performance from Bryan as the devil.

Instead of watching an episode from season two of the last drive in , have decided to watch the latest episode , which is evil speak which I was going to watch again soon anyhow so thought why not.

Anyone seen this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMuiEi3XpKI

Demoncrat 14th June 2021 10:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I Am Here Now (2009, Neil Breen)

Now I get it. He's the new Jean Luc Godard.
Neil lands/arrives/appears. He spies nothing but turmoil and greed.
He sets out to teach us the error of our ways ..... does he succeed??

This being the third of his films that I've now watched, I can honestly say I've seen nothing like it outside of JLG's more Marxist efforts tbh ... the flimsy nay gossamer plot to hang polemic like bunting from etc .... ahem.
Gawp at the most strained nudity I've seen yet ( compared to Franco, this was ... tittersome ahem).
Keel over with narcolepsy at another shot of the desert landscape fills up the running time :nod::laugh::hail:
The other two had sliiightly more coherence. This is freeform, like jazz baby.
I digress. It did drag a wee bit, like all his stuff I've found, but as a Manos fan I cannot complain too vociferously.
Here's some jazz to make up for it ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJXWY54F8D4

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th June 2021 12:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Zero Boys (1986)

Nico Mastorakis' action horror film is a strange beast for me. Starting off kinda' goofy in that daft 80's way with a paintball contest it sleeps it's way into a weird Metamorphosis and ends up a survival horror by way of Friday the 13th Part 2. It doesn't help it's case that lead actor Daniel Hirsch has an uncanny resemblance to Friday Part 2's John Furey or that the second half of the film takes place in and a round a cabin in the woods.

Rather than a masked maniac the characters here face off against fairly typical hillbilly types in a film that struggles with it's identity. Having said that, this was the second time i've watched The Zero Boys this year and it does possess that 80's aesthetic / charm that so many of the slasher films of the era had even though it doesn't quite live up to it.

MrBarlow 15th June 2021 09:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Tango and Cash. 1989.

Two LAPD detectives are framed and sent to prison, they manage to escape and hunt the guys who put them there.

Another mash up cop duo this time it's Sly Stallone and Kurt Russell who seem to parody other film characters at the start and finish with a mention of Rambo and Stallone calling him a pussy. Brion James plays the tough talking English accent henchman, at times it is like he is trying to do the accent and seems to come out a bit Australian. Teri Hatcher plays the eyes candy sister of Tango who seems to know how to dance. Jack Palance is able to steal the show as the drug dealer who seems to enjoy the finale. There is plenty of action and comedy mixed in and Michael J.Pollard provides the nice weaponary.

Attachment 234027

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th June 2021 09:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
12 Monkeys (1995)

A film i've tried to like and get into over the years but unfortunately don't. I saw it at the cinema - mates raved about it who also were there - bought it on vhs, bought it on dvd, ditched the dvd, then bought it again about 18 months ago on dvd in a set with Flatliners (A film i haven't seen since i rented it on video back in the day).

So having given it yet another chance yesterday i have come to the conclusion that although i think i should like it and want to like it i quite simply don't like it. Terry Gilliam's work has that effect on me.

MrBarlow 15th June 2021 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 654323)
12 Monkeys (1995)

A film i've tried to like and get into over the years but unfortunately don't. I saw it at the cinema - mates raved about it who also were there - bought it on vhs, bought it on dvd, ditched the dvd, then bought it again about 18 months ago on dvd in a set with Flatliners (A film i haven't seen since i rented it on video back in the day).

So having given it yet another chance yesterday i have come to the conclusion that although i think i should like it and want to like it i quite simply don't like it. Terry Gilliam's work has that effect on me.

I'm the same with you on this one Dem, I tried to like it but ended up switching it off and can't really make it to the end, even tried doing a double feature with Brazil first then this and still nope, never made it to the end.

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th June 2021 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 654325)
I'm the same with you on this one Dem, I tried to like it but ended up switching it off and can't really make it to the end, even tried doing a double feature with Brazil first then this and still nope, never made it to the end.

Brazil's another one with me.

I really should like it but i don't.

When i say my fave Gilliam films are Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas and The Brothers Grimm, it probably means i'm not a fan of his work.

MrBarlow 15th June 2021 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 654326)
Brazil's another one with me.

I really should like it but i don't.

When i say my fave Gilliam films are Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas and The Brothers Grimm, it probably means i'm not a fan of his work.

Brazil was one I watched last year for the first time and enjoyed it, The Brother's Grimm was a pleasant surprise and enjoyable to watch,

nosferatu42 15th June 2021 10:21 PM

Jabberwocky, Time Bandits, Brazil and Fear and loathing for me.:pop2:

All the others i'm not fussed about.

Although Tideland was interesting.

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th June 2021 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 654330)
Jabberwocky, Time Bandits, Brazil and Fear and loathing for me.:pop2:

All the others i'm not fussed about.

Although Tideland was interesting.

Interesting. When i saw you'd posted, nos, i felt sure you'd mention the Python stuff as your faves.

nosferatu42 15th June 2021 10:31 PM

I'm not as much of a fan of the Holy grail Python film, i much prefer Brian and The meaning of life which are mainly Terry Jones directed.

Although i'm a big fan of the Gilliam animations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiLej1V1RYI

MrBarlow 15th June 2021 11:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Labyrith. 1986.

16 year old Sarah is babysitting her little brother Toby, she wishes him to be taken by the goblin king. Can she rescue Toby and solve the Labyrinth before time runs out.

This film was amazing back in the day of childhood, even remember seeing it on BBC 2 when I was in Primary 6 on a Tuesday Night, forward to today, this film is still awesome and still made me laugh. David Bowie (R.I.P) plays the goblin king Jareth was excellent to watch him act in a somewhat dark fantasy role. Jennifer Connelly is captivating in this as the lead actress Sarah sent on a journey of puzzle solving and meeting new friends along the way. Sometimes watching it you seem to forget it is a Jim Henson movie and there is puppets involved and great stunning effects that are not CGI.

Attachment 234031

Susan Foreman 16th June 2021 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 654323)
12 Monkeys (1995)

A film i've tried to like and get into over the years but unfortunately don't. I saw it at the cinema - mates raved about it who also were there - bought it on vhs, bought it on dvd

...i have come to the conclusion that although i think i should like it and want to like it i quite simply don't like it

That's my relationship with 'Blade Runner'!

gag 16th June 2021 02:54 PM

Skins

One of those films were when you finished you think wtf did I just watch,

It’s a story about ppl who have deformities and learning to live with them and fit in society, it’s gross dark humour, but too silly to be controversial as well .

A woman named Samantha who has an anus for a mouth and a mouth for an anus

A young lad whose not happy with his legs he wants them amputated so he can be a mermaid.

A dwarf who works as a teddy on a tv show,

Female who blind because she has no eyes and uses diamonds as pretend eyes,

I’m more actually surprised that Netflix showed this more than anything.

Spoiler alert

Couple of full blown males nudity scenes,

A guy masturbating over a picture of his deformed girlfriend, because he prefers women who have something wrong them.

Huge obese women fisting the blind girl so she can steal her diamonds,
Also Giving herself a Enema,

Samantha the anus face girl gets raped,

Bizarre and bonkers film from spain more type of film you expect from the Japanese.

Demoncrat 16th June 2021 05:15 PM

3 Attachment(s)
In The Highest Of Skies (1977, Silvio Agnosti)

A disparate group are trapped in a lift in the Vatican. Biggest lift I've ever seen ahem. As tensions rise, societal breakdown is the order of the day. Gets a tad silly and predictable towards the end.

Boardinghouse (1982, Johnn Wintergate)

The DC. All 158 minutes of it :lol:. A hoot. Yet again some more polemic in the shape of Landlord Jim, who lands on his feet and then some harumph. The plotting is a tad feverish and the philosophy begins to grate, but I enjoyed this one (SOV lodestone???) for all that.

Lady Exterminator (1987, Maman Firminsyah)

Madness cubed. To say that this film would garner a lot of attention nowadays is putting it mildly, but it's only a movie FFS :laugh:
AKA I Want To Get Even, so just imagine the furore when I say that rape is quite the pasttime in this burg ahem. Luckily the hideously dark print saves us from the "glory" of some of these scenes ahem.

MrBarlow 16th June 2021 06:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Expendables. 2010.

A mercenary group are hired by the C.I.A to take down a dictator and a rogue C.I.A operative in a small part of South America.

Who said that these guys were past their prime in action movies? These guys can still run, fight and kick someone's ass, stuck this on and Angie practically begged me to switch it off as it is definitely a guy's movie. Sly, Dolph, Jet, Terry, Randy and Jason still have good form when it comes to action movies, Eric Roberts plays the rogue C.I.A agent with Steve Austin as the tough bodyguard. Good fight scenes, explotions and rapid gun fire with a small cameo by Arnie and Bruce, kept me quiet for a bit.

Attachment 234040

Demdike@Cult Labs 16th June 2021 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 654358)
The Expendables. 2010.

A mercenary group are hired by the C.I.A to take down a dictator and a rogue C.I.A operative in a small part of South America.

Who said that these guys were past their prime in action movies? These guys can still run, fight and kick someone's ass, stuck this on and Angie practically begged me to switch it off as it is definitely a guy's movie. Sly, Dolph, Jet, Terry, Randy and Jason still have good form when it comes to action movies, Eric Roberts plays the rogue C.I.A agent with Steve Austin as the tough bodyguard. Good fight scenes, explotions and rapid gun fire with a small cameo by Arnie and Bruce, kept me quiet for a bit.

Attachment 234040

For me the second film is an action classic of the 21st century.

MrBarlow 16th June 2021 06:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Expendables 2. 2012.

The Mercenary team are hired for a job that should be quick and easy, except it goes wrong and a member of their team is killed, and seek revenge.

The Mercs are back this time teaming up with Billy the kid Liam Hensworth and Nan Yu, to find a down plane that has a code and bring it home, waiting for them is Vilain Jean Claude Van Damme who makes a decent antagonist and still able to put on a good fight with Sly, just a shame it was short. It was good to watch two British guys Jason and Scott Adkins put on a decent fight. More gun fire, action and more explosions to keep a guy happy with good role by Chuck Norris, Arnie and Bruce teaming up together for a shootout.

Attachment 234041

Demoncrat 16th June 2021 06:53 PM

Like Dem says, it's a keeper is that one. Less flamin' poetry and all ... only thing that marred the first was that ponderous "soul searching" sequence, when they should have been kicking folk and the like :nod:

nicholasrope 16th June 2021 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 654250)
To be honest, I don't remember a lot of things like that. I *think* it was a holiday period when we had the film, and that it was a daily matinee performance showing

Unlike the cinemas of today, the one I worked in was only a single screen theatre. It was also the only cinema in Gosport so (unless it was a big movie event like a Bond or Speilberg film, or a Disney release) we tended to get a new film on a weekly basis

Occasionally, if a film that was booked for a single week did well, we would extend its run for a second week, and sometimes a film would return later in the year / the following year

With 'Moonwalker' I do remember that a few weeks / months after it had gone we started to advertise a future presentation, which was the Cher / Nicolas Cage film 'Moonstruck', and a lot of members of the public (and some staff) mistook it for the Michael Jackson film, and started complaining most vocally!

Thanks for the information, always find it fascinating when people talk about working in Cinemas in the 80's and 90's.

I kept on calling 8 Mile, Green Mile

nicholasrope 16th June 2021 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 654336)
Labyrith. 1986.

16 year old Sarah is babysitting her little brother Toby, she wishes him to be taken by the goblin king. Can she rescue Toby and solve the Labyrinth before time runs out.

This film was amazing back in the day of childhood, even remember seeing it on BBC 2 when I was in Primary 6 on a Tuesday Night, forward to today, this film is still awesome and still made me laugh. David Bowie (R.I.P) plays the goblin king Jareth was excellent to watch him act in a somewhat dark fantasy role. Jennifer Connelly is captivating in this as the lead actress Sarah sent on a journey of puzzle solving and meeting new friends along the way. Sometimes watching it you seem to forget it is a Jim Henson movie and there is puppets involved and great stunning effects that are not CGI.

Attachment 234031

I remember it being on The BBC back in the day when it was really special when a major Film is shown on TV. I believe it was on one Christmas and I taped it on my only VHS tape and watching it constantly.

trebor8273 16th June 2021 08:23 PM

Watched these last drive in episodes .

Deep Red
Maniac
Evil Speak

Evil Speak was my favourite I just love the film and always can't wait for Cooper Smith to get his demonic / pigs / broad sword head lobbing revenge on all those ass holes.

Clint Howard was interviewed and was insightful , charming and funny , along with hellriaser 2 this was probably the best episode I've watched. Which cant be said with the one I watched afterwards , Troma's war which I turned off after about 15 minutes because of truly awful and shit acting and direction, I really should of learned by lesson with Troma movies they just super shit.

With finishing season five of the X-Files, watched the first movie.

nicholasrope 16th June 2021 08:36 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Mission

Jeremy Irons is a Priest who is trying to stop Natives from being enslaved. Robert De Niro is a former Slave Trader who is trying to serve a penance. Granted I was tired and believe I dosed off for a bit but I enjoyed what I saw.

This also contains what the BBFC call natural nudity but unfortunately if its referring to what I thought I saw, then there is absolutely no excuse and every trace removed.

Four Weddings And A Funeral

Hugh Grant attends a the titular ceremonies but falls for American Andie McDowall. I swear the opening lines used up most of allotted swear words before it turned into an 18 rated Film. Back in 1994, this Film was a phenomenon, everybody seemed to be talking about it and it was everywhere especially that Wet Wet Wet song, I believe it was that feel good Movie which was the surprise hit (Nothing wrong with that) and whilst I wasn't bored with it, I felt that it didn't live up to the hype of 94-95.

Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard

The original trio is back and this time they are trying to prevent a Terrorist Attack in Europe. If you liked the 1st one then you'd probably enjoy this one. There are a couple of decent gags in this one.

J Harker 16th June 2021 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 654359)
For me the second film is an action classic of the 21st century.

I suspect I need to give the second a rewatch as I found it the weakest of the three by far.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

MrBarlow 16th June 2021 08:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Expendables 3. 2014.

A arms trader becomes a target for the C.I.A. Barney tasks a new force to take him down, when things go wrong, Barney enlists his old team and tries again at full force with his old and new team mates.

Why did this feel like I was watching a typical Sly Stallone film, go out with a old friend facing a enemy, get your ass kicked then re-group and try again when at full strength. I feel disappointed by this instalment, last battle was worth watching, Harrison Ford and Kelsey Grammer make a good small appearance, only thing that made it watchable was a hyper Antonio Banderas , how much coffee did he drink or was he just on red bull/monster drink.

Mel Gibson plays the antagonist in this one and even that felt like a minor role for him Jet Li returns and really don't see him busting a move and Wesley Snipes shows some skills but probably told not to outshine Sly or make him feel he can't fight like him.

Attachment 234049

MrBarlow 16th June 2021 10:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Amusement Park. 2019.

A elderly man has a trip to a park and turns into a nightmare for him.

Holy heck this was something I didn't expect, it is a horror but not in a way you would expect it to be, this is like looking at someone's nightmare. Starts off we see a man battered and bruised and over the course of 55 minutes we see how he became like that. This is like a public service announcement film on how people see and treat the elderly, a man that is a happy go lucky guy then basically mistreated and ignored by those around him. Lincoln Maanzel plays the lead character brilliantly to the point I felt sorry for him and even had to hold back the tears.

Attachment 234054

MrBarlow 17th June 2021 04:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Godzilla. 2014.

In 1999 a Japanese Nuclear power plant was hit by something mysterious, American supervisor Joe Brody lost his wife and Colleague. Several years later his son travels to bail him out of jail and they both realise that something was awaken and another creature has surfaced, which one can be a savior?

I have said it once and will say it again...This version is way better than the 1998 Roland Emmerich film. Even though the 1998 film starts off in the coast of Japan, this version starts right bang in the center of Japan which is a nice homage to the original 1954 film, cudos to the makers for that and making Godzilla resemble somewhat to the same creature. Bryan Cranston plays Joe who people seem to think he has lost the plot and slowly start to believe him when the stuff hits the fan. Ken Watanabe is always great to watch as he takes the role on as the researcher who seems to know more about the creatures and able to understand them.

Attachment 234069

gag 17th June 2021 04:55 PM

Snowtown,
Rewatched the film before I start reading the book.

I don’t get why ppl complain this film isn’t entertaining, it’s a true story of people being killed it isn’t meant to be fun or happy, Also complaining it’s grim and disturbing if you want something more upbeat then don’t watch a horror or a true story, or watch it Hollywood style after all they make films all cheer-full and happy even it’s not meant to be, if going to potray a true story you want one that pulls you in and disturbed you as well, the style and tone of this film does exactly that, doesn’t rely on gore and has little violence etc, relies on the tone of the film being grim and bleak, occasionally hints of what’s going on and using your own imagination for the rest can sometimes work even better than what you see.

Inspector Abberline 17th June 2021 05:02 PM

Gob on you

You do realise Godzilla is not real ?

Demoncrat 17th June 2021 05:13 PM

i was bored rigid by it, a Godzilla film should have the big lizard in it ahem :nod::nod::nod:

MrBarlow 17th June 2021 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline (Post 654443)
You do realise Godzilla is not real ?

You mean Gojira ain't real...damn just ruin it for me Inspector :pound:

nicholasrope 17th June 2021 06:35 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Exterminator 2

Robert Ginty is back and this time he's taking on a Street Gang led by Mario Van Peebles. I remember watching this when it was shown on Bravo ages again (Therefore I couldn't remember what happened) I rather enjoyed this, like the first one, this does have some really brutal moments.

Whilst I was watching this, I did wonder how it managed to get passed the whole Video Nasty thing.

Also the distributor, Video Collection certainly takes me back

Showtime

Action/Comedy which sees Robert De Niro has a grumpy Detective who is forced to team up with Policeman/wannabe Actor Eddie Murphy for a Reality TV show produced by Rene Russo. This Film isn't going to win awards nor will it have regular viewings but it's worth having for those every now and then kind of viewings.

Future Sport

Set in the then distant future of 2025, Dean Cain is the star of a sport similar to Rollerball. However do to an impending war, he is involved in a high stakes game to prevent that said war. Wesley Snipes (With a Jamaican accent) co-stars. I remember buying this on Video when it got released in 98 (Yes it's that old) and I did watch it quite a few times and to be honest whilst it's not a world beater, in my opinion, it still holds up.

nicholasrope 17th June 2021 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 654445)
i was bored rigid by it, a Godzilla film should have the big lizard in it ahem :nod::nod::nod:

When I watched this at the Cinema, I was wondering where is Godzilla? especially since the Trailer implied it, at least the 98 version had it for most of the film.

MrBarlow 17th June 2021 07:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ghoulies II. 1987.

The Ghoulies are let loose again this time at a amusement park where the patrons believe them to be part of the attraction and start killing off people.

While the original may not be the best but still entertaining for me, this one actually holds up as more comedy is added and may have some decent acting. Phil Fondacaro shows up as a helper for the carnival owner and helps fight off the little demons. The plot may sound thin and daft but when Royal Dano shows up at the start you know it will be a daft comical film with a few flaws but they can be ignored.

Attachment 234075

Has the third installment been given a decent release?

trebor8273 17th June 2021 08:19 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HjC28s_5nQ

Documentary on the Travis Walton abduction case, quite informative and not as OTT as most of these type of documentaries and most of the people some normal compared to the loonies on ancient aliens but can't help but think at times as it all one big hoax.

Now watching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wBImbHqhFk