Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

MrBarlow 31st July 2021 08:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Millennium. 1989.

After a airline crash NTSB investigator Bill Smith tries to uncover what caused the crash, Physicist Arnold Mayer begins toi look into the crash and believes a parallel universe and time travel may be possible.

This is one of those forgotten Science-fiction movies that does seem to pop up every now and again and still enjoyable to watch. Kris Kristofferson plays the crash investigator who disproves theories about time travelling until he is able to see it with his own eyes. There is a nice element twist to the story with the distant future population and why things were put in to process of the crash.

Attachment 235055

Demoncrat 1st August 2021 12:41 PM

Jungle Cruise

Disney film with The Rock. Mate wanted to watch this, I was ambivalent.
A brother and sister seek something ancient in the Amazon. This being set during WW1, history is treated with the due respect that Hypocritewood has shown recently :laugh: ... this was based on one of their rides yes? :lol:
A tad more violent than I expected, this wasn't enough though. Meh.

Demdike@Cult Labs 1st August 2021 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 656925)
Jungle Cruise

Disney film with The Rock. Mate wanted to watch this, I was ambivalent.
A brother and sister seek something ancient in the Amazon. This being set during WW1, history is treated with the due respect that Hypocritewood has shown recently :laugh: ... this was based on one of their rides yes? :lol:
A tad more violent than I expected, this wasn't enough though. Meh.

Did you see this at the cinema? Home rental? or other means?

trebor8273 1st August 2021 03:27 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r37ARGRJC-k

A young man is killed on the subway , he awakens in a strange room surrounded by strangers and is told he is part of a game too destroy creatures and monsters that are attacking japan.

Violent with some fantastic looking monsters and great action scenes , the are a few times the CGI looks a bit poor but on the whole it's fantastic and looks real. Worth a watch.

Now watchng.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cGat1xI8G8

iank 1st August 2021 09:31 PM

Ravenous. A stranger arrives at a remote military outpost in the US in the 19th century, bringing murder and cannibalism along with him. This late 90s horror has a great cast including Guy Pearce, Robert Carlisle, Jeffrey Jones and David Arquette and is an entertaining mix of horror and very dark humour, with an interesting treatment of cannibalism almost as a plague of vampirism. One taste and there's no going back... I haven't seen this for nigh on 20 years and it's still pretty fun. :)

Demdike@Cult Labs 1st August 2021 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iank (Post 656957)
Ravenous. A stranger arrives at a remote military outpost in the US in the 19th century, bringing murder and cannibalism along with him. This late 90s horror has a great cast including Guy Pearce, Robert Carlisle, Jeffrey Jones and David Arquette and is an entertaining mix of horror and very dark humour, with an interesting treatment of cannibalism almost as a plague of vampirism. One taste and there's no going back... I haven't seen this for nigh on 20 years and it's still pretty fun. :)

Easily my favourite cannibal film.

Demdike@Cult Labs 1st August 2021 10:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Train (1964)

John Frankenheimer's excellent WWII drama starring Burt Lancaster as a railwayman attempting to prevent a slightly unhinged Nazi officer (Paul Schofield) pillaging art treasures from France and transporting them via rail to Berlin as the Allies advance draws near.

Frankenheimer's direction is flawless, allowing the story to build from something slight into a gripping race against time. The French locations are used superbly and the fact real trains were also used really adds to events making this seem like a grander scaled film than it actually is. The action is staged brilliantly, in particular a bombing raid on a rail yard and a train derailment which you could tell was done for real. If you want to know how well it's staged then think how good the car chase is in Frankenheimer's French Connection and imagine it as a bombing raid and train derailment.

Euro horror fans night be interested in seeing Doctor Mabuse himself, Wolfgang Preiss, in a large role as well as Jess Franco regular Howard Vernon.

More true story than boys own action adventure. I highly recommend this.

MrBarlow 2nd August 2021 02:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The Boy Behind The Door. 2020

Two friends Bobby and Kevin are out playing when they are both kidnapped and taken to a secluded house. Bobby manages to escape the car until he hears Kevin's screams and realises he has to get in the house to rescue him.

This may seem upsetting to some with young children and this can be every parents worst nightmare, the plot may be a bit all over the place but got to give credit to Lonnie Chavis and Ezra Dewey playing the young boys as they are trapped and try to get help one way or another. There is one or two flaws in this but either they are deliberate and see how things are from kids point of view or is it just lazy writing. Some good tense moments and very atmospheric.

Attachment 235074

MrBarlow 2nd August 2021 04:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
SON. 2021.

A pregnant woman on the run from a cult gives birth to a baby. 8 years later Laura is living a peaceful life until her son develops a mysterious illness and she believes the cult is stalking her and her son.

This was a bit of psychological meeting supernatural that can be a bit of a slow pace movie at times that seems to go one way then goes a different way, the acting isn't great but not terrible either. Andi Matichak plays the lead role Laura who is trying to protect her son and Emile Hirsch as the detective who tries to help her and is caught in a game of cat and mouse.

Attachment 235075

Demoncrat 2nd August 2021 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 656926)
Did you see this at the cinema? Home rental? or other means?

Mate came round with it ahem. I wouldn't have gone to the pictures for Disney.

Dave Boy 2nd August 2021 03:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 235083
THE SUICIDE SQUAD

So, back to the cinema for the first time in ages.
This movie was great. I really enjoyed it. Explosive action, comedy and gore with some good character moments and stuff straight out of the comics.
Should be a good hit for the DC Universe movies.

MrBarlow 2nd August 2021 05:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Shock Waves. 1977.

A small group of tourists become stranded on a island that has a reclusive Nazi commander who is breeding a horde of underwater zombies.

This is a very low budget horror starring two great actors Peter Cushing and John Carradine yet still entertaining, when I first saw this many moons ago I got the heebie jeebies when you see the zombies appear from the water and still got the chills watching it. The actors did try their best even with the dialogue they were given, the editing seems a bit choppy at times, give credit where it's due to the make-up dept even though ripping off the glasses from a zombie can be their weakness.

Attachment 235085

Demdike@Cult Labs 2nd August 2021 10:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Prooi (2016)

Know as Prey in the UK, this is a fun killer creature on the loose movie from Dutch director Dick Maas.

If you can believe that a large lion is on the loose in Amsterdam killing without getting caught over three days, then like me you'll probably have a great time with this. As with Amsterdamned (1988) and Sint (2010) there's some typically quirky Maas humour going on which i actually love. There really aren't many horror films with a humorous streak running through them that i actually really enjoy but Maas' films manage it (As do the Dead Snow films...must be a Scandinavian thing i guess).

However it's not just humour that makes this (And other Maas films). There's bloody gore galore as well as terrific characters to help drive the storyline along.

Fans of the movie Sint should love this as much as i because it basically swaps a killer Saint Nicholas for a big f*ck off lion causing mayhem in the streets of Amsterdam.

The UK dvd allows playback in English dubbed or subtitled Dutch.

Demoncrat 2nd August 2021 11:47 PM

Noted D!!

Wander (2020, April Mullen)

Aaron Eckhart & Tommy Lee Jones play a couple of conspiracy nuts who find a genuine case of shenanigans closer to home than they imagine. Nothing like that awful Mel Gibson flick. Ahem.
Recommended.

Nordicdusk 3rd August 2021 07:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 235095

A young timid nurse has moved from working in a hospital to take on hospice care for a retired dancer going into her final days. Maudes obsessive new found faith has her head filled with the strangest ideas that she was sent by god to save the soul of her new patient Amanda. At first Amanda entertains Maudes ideas telling her she can feel the presence of god and so on until Maude tries to interfere in her personal life and things come boiling point and Maude is no longer welcome at Amanda's house.

I had no idea what this was about i didn't read anything about it i didn't watch any trailers i was just aware of its existence so when it showed up on Prime i gave it a shot just expecting the usual run of the mill jump scare bs but boy was i wrong. There is not one jump scare just a slow burn filled with tension and a real feeling of unease. I loved every second of this film seeing Maude deteriorate from scene to scene was fantastic going from a sweet timid young woman who just wants to help people to a woman who is so overcome by her faith that she loses all grip on reality. The actress that plays Maude is fantastic she even made me want to smack her and throw out of the house and board up the doors and windows :lol:

The whole thing is shot pretty gritty and dark there is nothing to perk you up just dark old fashioned houses and dingey dirty bed sits and the sort of pubs you go to get a sti and glassed in the face. But within those scenes there is plenty of brilliant sometimes beautiful imagery which adds more to the sense of unease.

Saint Maude really took me by surprise i expected it to just be another forgettable jump scare fest but instead i found a wonderful film.

8/10

Demdike@Cult Labs 3rd August 2021 01:08 PM

I still haven't watched the dvd i bought of St Maude when it originally came out.

Thought i'd leave it until Autumn comes around. Glad you enjoyed it, Nordy.

MrBarlow 3rd August 2021 05:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
DOOM. 2005.

Space marines are called to deal with a situation on Mars and come across a genetic killing species.

Many hours have been spent by yours truly playing the game and was interested to see what the movie would be like, I know this film gets a lot of flack but for me it was enjoyable, Not for The Rock but for Karl Urban and Rosamund Pike. it's basically action science fiction all the way with very little tense moments, the makers could have made the POV scenes a bit longer. Entertaining enough to keep me quiet.

Attachment 235104

Demdike@Cult Labs 3rd August 2021 06:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Rise of the Planet of the Apes (2011)

For me the best of the Ape reboot trilogy. It's a fascinating experience watching Caesar evolve, and as the title says, rise to power, in the world of a cruel simian sanctuary.

The final forty minutes as Caesar leads the apes in revolution, escaping the sanctuary and running wild in San Francisco is both brilliant movie making and compellingly entertaining culminating in a thrilling climax on the Golden Gate Bridge.

MrBarlow 3rd August 2021 07:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Fog. 1980.

Antonio Bay's 100 year celebration is being prepared while a mysterious fog rolls in with the spirits of dead pirates looking for revenge.

John Carpenter made this low budget that's a mix with supernatural and urban legend myth and made it work, right from the opening with John Houseman telling a tell by a small campfire and the chilling soundtrack and great cast , Carpenter probably never thought he was making a classic film, just a shame the remake didn't live up to this original beauty.

Attachment 235106

Nordicdusk 3rd August 2021 08:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 235107

When a drug bust goes wrong two cops are accused by their superior officer of dealing in drugs themselves. They both get fired and try their best to move on in boring mundain jobs. When Bodes ex girlfriend shows up out of the blue his life is thrown into turmoil when friends of hers show up and try to kidnap her. Bodes former captain on thr force is now a big shot judge but he is also the head of a satanic cult the same cult his ex girlfriend is running from so now Bode is trying to save his ex and the man who cost him his job.

When i heard this mentioned in the same breath as Miami Connection i was all over this and i ordered it straight away. Did it live up the the praise DID IT FU...........

I love a bad film as long as its entertaining but this was all over the place the most random scenes nothing added up for so long. The acting is bad but its bad in a fun way. My problem with this is the lenght of the scenes there is a sex scene that has to be over 15 minutes long and it has to be 100% the most uncomfortable most cringe sex scenes i have ever seen in my life :lol:. It takes a long long time before there is any real action most of it is just pointless dialogue that goes on and on thats when you can actually hear it with how loud the background music and noise is in every scene its actually hilarious but also pretty annoying. Once the action kicks in towards the end its a great laugh but what comes before is too long and drawn out.

There are two other cuts of the film on the Vinegar Syndrome blu ray that i have to watch one is and hour and fifteen and i thing thats a long enough cut which maybe much more enjoyable the cut i watched was an hour and forty five which is way too long.

For the longer cut

6/10

This score im sure will change once i watch the shorter cut.

Nordicdusk 3rd August 2021 08:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 235108

Two teachers survive a school shooting but their lives will be changed forever. Not only are they mentally fragile by losing so many of their friends and co workers and their guilt that they survived but now they are getting chased by the undead.

When i watch these modern low budget films i do my best to over look the flaws and consider the limits they are working under but sometimes i just cant when a film is so bad it just feels like their is minimal effort put it and it making a film for the sake of making a film no one is even arsed to try and act they are just reading lines in a monotone almost robotic manner i cant stand it. There is bad acting and then there is this s**t. Not much really happens and even when it starts to pick up the gaos between things happening are massive. The best thing about the whole film is the soundtrack but maybe thats because it sounds like a lot of John Carpenters music changed enough to get away with it :lol:. Horrendous and a waste of a cool looking poster.

AVOID.

MrBarlow 3rd August 2021 10:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Chopping Mall. 1986.

When a shopping mall introduces high tech security robots, the young employees decide to stay behind and the robots malfunction and go on a killing spree.

The Iconic 80s movies were the best and some were daft, from Roger Corman comes this Science-fiction horror that strangely enough still entertains, cheesy dialogue, the same shopping mall that Arnie had a fight in Commando, a woman able to think better than what some guys do, Barbara Crampton going topless and small cameo roles for Dick Miller and Angus Scrim. This isn't to be taken seriously as it sounds stupid but Jim Wynorski managed to pull it off.

Attachment 235109

Demoncrat 3rd August 2021 11:14 PM

Twisted Pair (2018, Neil Breen)

Here we go again. Somewhat more punchy than IAHN to boot.
NB plays twins who are gifted with "enhancements" by stellar observers.
When one is stripped of his "powers", what develops is the strangest battle for good or evil I've ever seen :pound:
Filmed in and around his office (I surmise), this was just as entertaining as his others ahem. :nod::rolleyes:

Demdike@Cult Labs 4th August 2021 12:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Bloodmoon (1990)

Australian slasher movie set around an elite Catholic girls school where couples go missing in the nearby woods.

A (very) late entry to the eighties slasher genre. This Ozploitation effort seems to be ticking all the boxes that make so many slashers formulaic. Sex, attractive victims, often dumb motives for doing things, as well as borrowing themes from the likes of Prom Night.

However for a slasher film there's some unusually good character development. Not only with the potential victims and local law enforcement. With the killer unmasked around the half way point we get to see a little of his reasoning and his submissive home behaviour due to his cruel dominating wife.

The killer's method of murder - a barbed wire noose with which he strangles his victims, is original, again making the movie memorable, however the direction falls a little flat and not much suspense is generated either during or in the build up to the murders, yet it doesn't really matter as the film has more to it than just murder set pieces.

I've seen Bloodmoon three times now and it remains an interesting proposition and despite it's Aussie origins feels to have definite giallo leanings.

MrBarlow 4th August 2021 07:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Casablanca. 1942.

Early stages of World War II, cafe owner Rick Blaine helps refugees to obtain letters to help them escape, he struggles when a ex lover and her husband come to seek help.

This is the first time seeing this and what a great piece of cinematic history it was, I feel bad about not seeing this till now, the plot, the acting and the cinematography is amazingly done. Humphrey Bogart has always been a amazing and outstanding actor and generally shows it with this picture. Ingrid Bergman plays the heroine in this and seems to be torn about her decisions on what to do. From start to finish the film is captivating, comedy and somewhat near tear jerking.

Attachment 235126

Demdike@Cult Labs 4th August 2021 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 657112)
Casablanca. 1942.

Early stages of World War II, cafe owner Rick Blaine helps refugees to obtain letters to help them escape, he struggles when a ex lover and her husband come to seek help.

This is the first time seeing this and what a great piece of cinematic history it was, I feel bad about not seeing this till now, the plot, the acting and the cinematography is amazingly done. Humphrey Bogart has always been a amazing and outstanding actor and generally shows it with this picture. Ingrid Bergman plays the heroine in this and seems to be torn about her decisions on what to do. From start to finish the film is captivating, comedy and somewhat near tear jerking.

I watched this eight days straight last November and the rendition of La Marseillaise drowning out the Germans got me every time.

Glad you too loved it Mr.B.

MrBarlow 4th August 2021 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 657114)
I watched this eight days straight last November and the rendition of La Marseillaise drowning out the Germans got me every time.

Glad you too loved it Mr.B.

You can tell the Germans weren't really happy about not having their voices heard.

nicholasrope 4th August 2021 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 656883)
Marine Issue (1986, Denis Amer)

Michael Pare actioner. Always remembered the poster for this one (again) so was nice to finally get to see this one. When Pare finds out his sister has fallen in with bad types, his reaction is interesting mainly due to the locale (film is set in Spain). The bad guys don't reckon on his chances, but these colours don't run ahem.

F9

The Fast & The Spurious. Physics be damned!

Yor (w/Reb Brown comm)

Self effacing and informative, this trip down memory lane was worth the wait.

Regarding Marine Issue, there are quite a few Warner Bros. Films from the 80's that have seen the light of day. I can think off:

Marine Issue
American Flyers
Heat (Burt Reynolds)
Moving
Tough Guys Don't Dance
Street Smart.

I'm sure there are more.

nicholasrope 4th August 2021 09:36 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Jungle Cruise

Emily Blunt hires Dwayne Johnson to take her down an Amazon River in order to find a flower which can be a miracle cure. At first, I thought they were ripping off the idea for Anaconda: Hunt For The Blood Orchid (Minus the Anaconda) and that they were going to recreate a scene from Zombie Flesh Eaters lol. It's not bad but it's too long and I didn't like the supernatural element.

Last Boy Scout

Bruce Willis teams up with Damon Wayans in order to find out who killed Halle Berrie. I remember having this Film rented when it first came out and TBH, I was quite disappointed by it because I was expecting a Action fest considering it was an early 90's Warner Bros. Movie starring Bruce Willis and the Video cover made it look like an Action packed Movie. Granted I was probably too young at the time to fully enjoy it therefore after re-watching it again, I enjoyed it more but I felt that the plot regarding Sports Betting to be a bit weak.

Stan & Ollie

Steve Coogan and John C. Reilly star as Laurel & Hardy as they go on a farewell tour. I never seen a Laurel & Hardy Movie (Nor do I intend too. Not really my thing) but I rather enjoyed this well acted Movie.

Demdike@Cult Labs 4th August 2021 09:52 PM

I was looking forward to seeing Jungle Cruise but now i think i'll get The African Queen on Blu-ray instead.

MrBarlow 4th August 2021 10:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Looker. 1981.

Dr Larry Roberts performs plastic surgery on four different models, when three models die in a suicide, Larry and the police suspect something else. When the fourth model turns up she believes she is in danger. Along with Larry protecting her they look into what happened and uncover suspicious activities at a company.

This was a stylish made Science-Fiction thriller from Michael Crighton that seems to go one way then gives in a small twist, I never had this on my watch list but glad I picked it up on a blind buy. Albert Finney plays Larry Roberts who seems to be the main focus of police enquiries until Susan Dey shows up thinking she is in danger. James Coburn plays somewhat head of a digital company looking for new models for commercial purposes. Entertaining and worth a watch, be advised strong flashing images appear a few times, anyone with epilepsy be advised.

Attachment 235131

Demoncrat 4th August 2021 11:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Fabulous Journey To The Centre Of Earth (1977, JP Simon)

Kenneth More? Jack Taylor?? Lone Fleming??? Ahem.

Starts mildly, then descends into that familiar madness, there's even some gore ahem. A mildly sloshed KM (could've been the print) lopes about whilst going down underground, dragging some stock characters along for the ride. What they encounter for their pains is the usual mixture of models, minatures and mattes that we've all come to love ahem.

MrBarlow 5th August 2021 12:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The Holy Mountain. (Der heilige Berg). 1926.

A dancer Diotima meets a enginner and skier Karl and the two begin a affair, when Karl's friend Vigo arrives and Diotima passes him a scarf, Vigo becomes infatuated with her and slowly a love triangle begins.

I never thought i'd get the chance to see this film again and feel very fortunate to do so with a updated release, the captivation of the story is told in somewhat of slow pace but you have to admire the story told of a tragic love affair, the music that is played along, the perfect cinematography and the setting for it. Arnold Fanck and Leni Riefenstahl really put a lot of effort into this even though it took a short time to write and almost a year to film, really do have to admire them.

Attachment 235134

MrBarlow 5th August 2021 01:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The Devil's Honey. 1986.

A troubled surgeon with a frustrated wife, responds to a call about a young man who has head trauma, when the young boy's girlfriend seeks revenge, she kidnaps the doctor and begins to slowly torture him.

This is a different take of a film by Fulci that seems he went from horror/crime to BDSM mode that's part crime-part erotic thriller. Part of the story may have been the inspiration for Body of Evidence with the candle wax. The story plays out well even though the plot may seem confusing with a few dream sequences that they are either flashbacks or fantasies. Brett Halsey plays the troubled doctor married to Corinne Clery (who has a nice body) and Blanca Marsllach as the unbalanced young Jessica.

Think after watching this I might learn how to play the Saxophone.

Attachment 235135

Demdike@Cult Labs 5th August 2021 05:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Amok Train (1989)

Italian horror that cunningly passes itself off as Beyond the Door III. Amok Train is a bit of an oddball. Filmed in war torn Serbia, if you want well shot scenes of a train steaming across country juxtaposed with face ripping gore then get on board the Amok Train.

Bizarrely for a movie that encompasses three films in one - Weird Pagan ritual beginning, possessed steam train middle and a bride of Satan final few chapters - it sadly lapses into bugger all happens territory too often but the general lapses of logic help and constantly have you wondering what the hell will come next.

If you guess a blind witch woman who seems to get off groping girls to check their virginity or a mute monk who plays a flute then all credit to you because Amok Train is definitely one for you.

nicholasrope 5th August 2021 09:27 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Bohemian Rhapsody

The story of how Queen formed and shows the rise and tribulations of the iconic group. I know that there were creative changes to what actually happened in real life but I don't care, this is one of my all time favorite films, it's so entertaining. The acting is amazing and I get goose bumps whenever a song is being performed. The recording of the actual song, Bohemian Rhapsody is awesome. Originally, I didn't get the meaning of Mike Myers being so against that song (After performing it in Wayne's World)

I was so wanting this to sweep The Oscars (One of the few times I wanted to root for a particular Film) and originally I thought that this would by the big Network TV Premier on Christmas Day but I think it's going to be on in November as it will be the 30th anniversary of Freddie's tragic death.

The Terminal

Tom Hanks is unable to leave a New York Airport after his Country is the subject of a Coup whilst in the air. Stanley Tucci plays the Head Of Security who gets increasingly irritated by Hank's refusal to leave. Whilst I do find this Film still enjoyable, there are some scenes that can be easily forwarded on.

Suicide Squad

The original Film which sees the formation of the Squad and battle a supernatural enemy. Whilst I understand the annoyance of people who read the Comics, as someone who never read the Comics, I didn't find it to be as awful as some people say. Viola Davis is the standout.

Wanted Dead Or Alive

Rutger Hauer is a Bounty Hunter hired by the C.I.A to hunt down a Terrorist played by Gene Simmons. This was a Film, I wanted to see for a long time (I eventually found a DVD in a CEX) and TBH, watching this in 2021, I found it be a very average, run of the mill Movie. Whether it was better back in 86, I do not know.

Demdike@Cult Labs 6th August 2021 06:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Back to the Future (1985)

Not sure why i love these films but hate others from the era such as The Goonies. Both have that very 80's aesthetic. Maybe it's because Back to the Future isn't populated by annoying screaming kids?

Perhaps it's a nostalgia thing as it was filmed entirely at a place i've been to three times and absolutely love - The Universal Studios back lot. I always grin inanely when i see Courthouse Square in films and in Back to the Future it features a lot. A hell of a lot, in fact it's a pivotal location.

Watching it on Blu-ray for the first time last night was wonderful. I don't know if it's the television as much as the actual Blu-ray itself but it seemed like 3D the way the characters almost stood out from the screen.

If you like these three movies then i heartily recommend the Blu-ray box set.

Justin101 6th August 2021 08:11 PM

I watched all three of them fairly recently. I love all of them!

iank 6th August 2021 09:48 PM

I think it's probably more that The Goonies just sadly isn't actually any good. :tongue1:

Demdike@Cult Labs 6th August 2021 10:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Captain Phillips (2013)

A terrific true life thriller about piracy off the coast of Somalia from British director Paul Greengrass which treats it's audience as adults and gives us some almost unbearable tension.

Tom Hanks is excellent as Phillips and Barkhad Abdi gives a stunning performance as the lead pirate Muse.

I'm sure Greengrass must have been having a private joke with his audience about the inadequacy of the British authorities in their response to possible situations. The UK navy suggested Phillips use water pumps to repel pirate vessels whereas the US response was a war ship, an aircraft carrier and two SEAL teams..... Guess which got the job done.

Highly recommended.