Like Tree179449Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th June 2012, 06:55 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
Satan Returns (1996)

Turns out this is a Cat IIB and not a Cat III flick after all (even if the MIA dvd cover says otherwise).

Solid and creepy HK demonic thriller with a certain visual flair which comes recommended.

The dvd is letterboxed and probably uses the old laserdisc master but considering how rare this is,I was happy with it.

Watched this one last year and thought it was pretty decent. Chingmy Yau is just gorgeous.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 4th June 2012, 07:40 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Weird one though...a bit nightmarish even...
I thought all the actors were in good form (even Dayo) in this one.

Old 4th June 2012, 10:07 PM
Seasoned Cultist

The Yellow Sea - a terrific Korean thriller.
Old 4th June 2012, 10:21 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

The Moonraker (1958)

Rip roaringly brilliant British swashbuckler starring George Baker (Inspector Wexford -The Ruth Rendell Mysteries) as the hero of the title.

Full of sword play and horse chases this film ticks all the boxes which the Hollywood swashbucklers rarely reached.

The story involves the Earl of Dawlish infamously known to the Roundheads as The Moonraker plotting an escape to France by the future king of England Charles Stuart from under the nose of Cromwell. A film full of intrigue, doublecross, smuggling and as i stated earlier tons of action.

As a reference point imagine Witchfinder General but without the horror aspects with added sword play.

Brilliant stuff.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg moonrakerdvd.jpg (78.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg moonraker2.jpg (30.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg moonraker-stairhole.jpg (29.4 KB, 4 views)
Old 5th June 2012, 12:43 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
Good film, yes, but I found myself screaming at the screen when [spoiler] the boat was sinking, and they had The Who song 'Won't Get Fooled Again' playing on the soundtrack [/spoiler] - a song which wasn't recorded for a good 6 years or so after the film was set
Glad I'm not the only one who spotted that. I'm sure there's couple of other tunes they play that wouldn't have been released at the time the film is set in. Other than that, not a bad film at all.

I guess they took license with Won't Get Fooled Again, as it was a song about the demise of the 60's dream, which is quite fitting for the end of the film.

And talking of the demise of the 60's dream - where have all the free festivals gone? Big business takes over again. I'm going to start an Anti-Festival. One that doesn't rely on corporate money or fat, rich, lazy musicians who've lost all their creativity in subordination to the Simon Cowell Music World that we all now live in. Rant over.
Old 5th June 2012, 05:56 AM
Cultist

The Spy Who Loved Me (1977)
Old 5th June 2012, 07:12 AM
Cult Addict

Got home from work late last night and fancied watching something dumb-but-entertaining, so I borrowed DARKEST HOUR. Its about two american lads in moscow when invisible aliens attack and begin killing everyone. It was released in 3D because I guess invisble aliens work better in that format

Fortunately I watched it on blu in 2d.

Imagine a SYFY channel movie on the week where they had just enough cash for some decent cinematography, the ability to clear the streets of moscow for prolonged amounts of time and some mid-level CGI and actors. Well that's DARKEST HOUR. Poor quality screenwriting, idiotic aliens and some hammy acting all present, but god help me I actually quite enjoyed myself. So long as you approach the film with severely lowered expectations you might actually find it as fun as I did.
Old 5th June 2012, 09:25 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Morton View Post
THE INBETWEENERS blu ray
a very funny film
Watched at weekend it was pretty ok but was laughing when 3 them started dancing towards the women in the empty night club....
What find funny is there certain clips are like a guide on how not to chat women up because i know people who are similar
Eg
one friend just clams up and stops talking every time a women talks to any of us not sure why its not as if he actualy chatting them up..He says that he just doesnt know what to say or i might say the wrong thing...
Lets be honest if it a women just being friendly and nowt else and you dont know them does it realy matter ?

And i do have a friend who actualy does think he gods gift and thinks eveyone women fancies him even if they so much as look at him...
Old 5th June 2012, 01:20 PM
Ex-member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Watched at weekend it was pretty ok but was laughing when 3 them started dancing towards the women in the empty night club....
What find funny is there certain clips are like a guide on how not to chat women up because i know people who are similar
Eg
one friend just clams up and stops talking every time a women talks to any of us not sure why its not as if he actualy chatting them up..He says that he just doesnt know what to say or i might say the wrong thing...
Lets be honest if it a women just being friendly and nowt else and you dont know them does it realy matter ?

And i do have a friend who actualy does think he gods gift and thinks eveyone women fancies him even if they so much as look at him...
Honestly, I've never had any problems chatting up girls
and I too know some jerks who think they are either gods gift to girls and boast about there looks etc.
think what you like but none of this is me. Honest!
but the guys in the film are so funny and inexperienced and just all talk
the film is full of funny scenes, when , I think it was Neil, who was fingering the old tart on the dance floor, and the guy unaware he has shit on his nose
just very funny
Old 5th June 2012, 04:29 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Morton View Post
Honestly, I've never had any problems chatting up girls
and I too know some jerks who think they are either gods gift to girls and boast about there looks etc.
think what you like but none of this is me. Honest!
but the guys in the film are so funny and inexperienced and just all talk
the film is full of funny scenes, when , I think it was Neil, who was fingering the old tart on the dance floor, and the guy unaware he has shit on his nose
just very funny
Little bit paranoid arent we

I dont know you so realy wouldnt know..

There some people i know and they couldnt pull there own pecker let alone a women .. i just laugh when you go out for a night and next day they are telling someone a real cock and bull story but you kind of feel sorry for them so you dont say anything to ruin there dillusion and not show them up. Thats unless they deserve to be shown up because some people are so full of themselves when they realy are more full of crap just all depends how well you know them or if they are just a friend of a friend and you dislike them so you deliberatly show them up on purpose..

Like this? Share it using the links below!