Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
This is the code (only withoutthe initial space):

[ spoiler=what the spoiler refers to]The spoiler itself[/spoiler]

So it would work like this:

SPOILER:
Bruce Willis' character is dead
Really weird (and slightly long-winded) way of doing it, but thanks for the demo Nos!
Old 6th June 2012, 12:26 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Really weird (and slightly long-winded) way of doing it, but thanks for the demo Nos!
No problem. If you can't remember it, the best thing to do is to bookmark this page so, when you need to use spoiler tags, just come here and copy the code!
Old 6th June 2012, 12:34 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I hope the forums aren't going to be filled with spoiler tabs for the slightest thing like some forums are.

Digital Spy i'm looking at you.
sawyer6 likes this.
Old 6th June 2012, 02:57 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
So, then I presumed "right any moment where gonna cut back to his still breathing body and the chest buster is gonna pop out and, Hey presto, Alien set up' but NO! He get's the **** out of the ship ALIVE AND KICKING and chases our heroin into an escape modual (a part of the Prometheus that was ejected before collision, incase of any survivers) and goes all Michael Myers on her. OK, so Scott wanted him alive so he could make us shit ourself's, fine, he's gonna snap her neck and wander back into the ship and BAM! Chest Buster time. NO!
Instead a great big freacking Octopus chest buster extracted from the same female lead earlier in the film, attack's the grey bastard and mouth rapes him.
IN THE CAPSUAL. Not in the DECK OF THE ALIEN SHIP. But in the CAPSUAL.......Continuity just cried.
Then, Ridley Scott has the cheek to explain that there was reveal there was more than one ship and the Heroin and the decapitated android travel off into the sunset to have Halo Jones style adventures yaddayaddayadda.
.................................................. ...............
Then we get the chest buster scene. IN THE CAPSUAL. **** me Riddly Scott.
And, then, the Alien is about 5ft tall and look's more like the monstrosity from Aliens vs. Ninja.

Over all, the first two hours present a sci-fi movie to rival 2001 or Dune, but the ending hurt me physicaly and stanck of George Lucas.
So i'm making two rating's, one for the first 2 Hours and a possible directors cut that should improve the ending, with any Luck.
A Freakin' awsome

Now for the last 10 minuets as they currently stand.
D Stinking
Apart from the fact that (a) it's a completely different planet, (b) therefore a completely different engineer and (c) clearly a different species of xenomorph/weapon/cleanser/whatever.

Seriously, were you not paying attention? LV223, not 426, and the engineer/space jockey was nowhere near the same size! Also, i'm pretty sure the eggs in Alien wouldn't take 30 years to hatch!
Hawkmonger likes this.
Old 6th June 2012, 04:49 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

The Return Of The Living Dead - 1985 US D: Dan O'Bannon

Whilst still fun, I was a little disappointed revisiting this much loved comedy.

It's simply not as good as I remember it being (I haven't seen it since the 80s). It particularly doesn't seem as funny as I remember. Also the music, whilst I remember the amazing punk and psychobilly that's here, my memory had been wiped of the dreadful theme music and insipid synth pop that crops up. It's all seems so..."just another 80s American horror flick" now, and I thought it was a bit more special than that.

Then there's the presentation: the Blu-Ray looks OK (nothing special, but nothing to complain about in terms of picture and sound quality, it's perfectly adequate) but the crop to 16:9 is horrible. OK, so this is how it would have been screened in cinemas across the US in the 80s, but the film was quite clearly framed at 4:3 during shooting. You need only watch the scene where the mortician interrogates the ancient female zombie tied to his slab to see that the actors' heads are cut off at nose level! It looks terrible and very distracting! An included 4:3 version (even in SD) would have been nice.

The steelbook itself is lovely looking though. One of the nicest designed steels I have seen.
Old 6th June 2012, 04:50 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
I hope the forums aren't going to be filled with spoiler tabs for the slightest thing like some forums are.

Digital Spy i'm looking at you.
I imagine (and hope) they'll be used sparingly, only as often as people write SPOILER in a post before putting some potential spoilers in a discussion of a film they've just seen.
Old 6th June 2012, 05:19 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

watched Prometheus yesterday, its a good film but i dont get why everyone is saying how fantastic it is, 7/10
(everyone meaning general people i know,not people on here )
Old 6th June 2012, 05:40 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
watched Prometheus yesterday, its a good film but i dont get why everyone is saying how fantastic it is, 7/10
(everyone meaning general people i know,not people on here )
Really? All the general people I know seemed to share my "meh, it was aaalright" stance (actually, I liked it a bit less than that) . . .
Old 6th June 2012, 08:00 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

More Brains! A Return To The Living Dead - 2011 US d:Bill Philputt

Interesting but staggeringly overlong "making of" documentary. Neither Dan O'Bannon nor Jewel Shepard come out of it very well...typical really, I always thought Jewel Shepard was the fittest woman in the film and it's just like me to fall for the crazy selfish bitch!

It's worth a watch if you like the film, but it's not a classic film documentary.
Old 6th June 2012, 08:07 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojirosan View Post
More Brains! A Return To The Living Dead - 2011 US d:Bill Philputt

Interesting but staggeringly overlong "making of" documentary. Neither Dan O'Bannon nor Jewel Shepard come out of it very well...typical really, I always thought Jewel Shepard was the fittest woman in the film and it's just like me to fall for the crazy selfish bitch!

It's worth a watch if you like the film, but it's not a classic film documentary.
O'Bannon comes across as a bit of a dick during that doc. It seemed as if he was a prize prima donna during the making and although Jewel Shepard was quite beautiful in the film, she seems like a real nightmare of a person in reality.

Like this? Share it using the links below!