LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th June 2012, 12:02 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
'Bridesmaids' - 'Sex and the City', but with a different cast!

Chick flick, but maybe I should be wearing more pink!!!
I've only heard good things about Bridesmaids (and from people who hated Sex and the City), so I'll give it to watch with as open a mind as possible!
Old 17th June 2012, 12:53 PM
Ex-member

ANATOMY OF A MURDER - saw this on BBC2 yesterday, never seen this before and it's a very good court drama
though I think 12 ANGRY MEN is a better film imo
HELLBOUND: HELLRAISER 2 a very good and gory sequel to Clive Barker's landmark horror
Old 17th June 2012, 02:03 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I've only heard good things about Bridesmaids (and from people who hated Sex and the City), so I'll give it to watch with as open a mind as possible!
It wasn't bad at all actually it was quite good, certainly worth a watch. It wasn't annoying or trying too hard. I've been wary of chick flicks since "The Sweetest Thing" was considered funny.
Old 17th June 2012, 02:20 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthelvis View Post
Watched Jaws on the big screen and it looked simply stunning, was sad to see the screen was pretty empty. Highly recommend catching this classic on the big screen before it goes!
Sadly, that's something I did 37 years ago.

Bit too young at the time and scared the crap out of me in parts!
darthelvis likes this.
Old 17th June 2012, 02:58 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Brainscan (1994)

Brainscan(1994)
sawyer6 and Hawkmonger like this.
Old 17th June 2012, 03:53 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicDakin View Post
Brainscan(1994)
I used to love that film! Haven't seen it in years
Old 17th June 2012, 04:37 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderlust View Post
Prince of Darkness
Session 9
Beyond the Darkness
Olaf Ittenbach's No Reason <3<3
What did you think about 'No Reason'? Ittenbach always seems to get plenty of hate, but I quite dig his stuff, dumb though it may be. He's obviously at his best when he just piles on the gore, and I thought 'No Reason' went further than most of his other work so far, all the more so for throwing in all the warped surrealism. So, a winner for me!

Last edited by Frankie Teardrop; 17th June 2012 at 06:35 PM.
Old 17th June 2012, 05:10 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

YellowBrickRoad

An interesting but ultimately flawed and lifeless attempt at mind bending horror through the guise of a character study.

In New Hampshire, there is said to be a mountain trail where in 1940 an entire town mysteriously set off on and never came back, some were found slaughtered but the majority just disappeared. For years the coordinates were classified, but in 2008 a team of investigators is sent in to chart the unmapped area.

The films sound design is excellent, eerie forties music constantly wafts around your 5:1 system driving the viewer as insane as the characters and there is some truly excellent camera work, especially when you consider its a low budget indie film.

My problem is with the actual story which almost peaks at the half way mark and never regains the momentum. The end is interesting and i certainly never saw it coming.

As i type this i am actually realising i need to see the film again and fairly soon, probably because i now know the type of film it is and may get more out of the last half.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yellowbrickroad-poster.jpg (97.0 KB, 4 views)
Old 17th June 2012, 05:38 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Circle of Pain.........
Old 17th June 2012, 06:37 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
YellowBrickRoad

An interesting but ultimately flawed and lifeless attempt at mind bending horror through the guise of a character study.

In New Hampshire, there is said to be a mountain trail where in 1940 an entire town mysteriously set off on and never came back, some were found slaughtered but the majority just disappeared. For years the coordinates were classified, but in 2008 a team of investigators is sent in to chart the unmapped area.

The films sound design is excellent, eerie forties music constantly wafts around your 5:1 system driving the viewer as insane as the characters and there is some truly excellent camera work, especially when you consider its a low budget indie film.

My problem is with the actual story which almost peaks at the half way mark and never regains the momentum. The end is interesting and i certainly never saw it coming.

As i type this i am actually realising i need to see the film again and fairly soon, probably because i now know the type of film it is and may get more out of the last half.
It's flawed and a bit incoherent, but overall I really liked it.

Like this? Share it using the links below!