Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

MrBarlow 22nd June 2022 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 672174)
That's true. It's different from The Dead Zone (screenplay by Jeffrey Boam) and M. Butterfly (play and screenplay by David Henry Hwang) because Cronenberg wrote the screenplay, so Naked Lunch is similar to Crash (based on J.G. Ballard's novel) in that respect.

Did he go soft from doing horror then move onto psychological theme film with Dead Ringers then step back to doing other genres. I still appreciate his movies but would be nice to for him to give us another body shocker horror.

Justin101 22nd June 2022 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 672175)
Did he go soft from doing horror then move onto psychological theme film with Dead Ringers then step back to doing other genres. I still appreciate his movies but would be nice to for him to give us another body shocker horror.

His latest one is a body horror, people are giving it a lot of praise!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 22nd June 2022 10:52 AM

Speaking of these films has made me realise it's been many years since I saw The Dead Zone so it's well overdue a rewatch and The Simpsons probably had the best Naked Lunch joke ever written.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCdM6...AreaEightyNine

gag 22nd June 2022 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 672175)

Well he has hasn't he? with his new film.
His last 3 films
Maps to the stars,
Cosmopolis
A dangerous method, I couldn't get into.
He already working on his next project,

https://www.ign.com/articles/the-shr...the-dead?amp=1

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 22nd June 2022 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 672176)
His latest one is a body horror, people are giving it a lot of praise!

I forgot to mention that further up. It is a science fiction/horror which Rotten Tomatoes say is "Quintessential if not classic Cronenberg, Crimes of the Future finds the director revisiting familiar themes with typically unsettling flair."

Demdike@Cult Labs 22nd June 2022 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 672179)
Well he has hasn't he? with his new film.
His last 3 films
Maps to the stars,
Cosmopolis
A dangerous method, I couldn't get into.
He already working on his next project,

I couldn't stick Cosmopolis but liked A Dangerous Method and thought Maps to the Stars was excellent.

Reminds me - Must look for Maps to the Stars on Blu.

Demdike@Cult Labs 22nd June 2022 12:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
French Dressing (1964)

Roy Kinnear and Euro hottie Marisa Mell star in this bawdy British seaside comedy inspired by Tati's Monsieur Hulot's Holiday and directed by Ken Russell.

That opening sentence should tell you if you want to watch it straight away.

For this quaint yet bawdy romp is utterly wonderful, undeniably British in it's saucy seaside humour and shit weather and for me something to cherish.

MrBarlow 22nd June 2022 07:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Snuff. 1975.

The exploits of a cult biker gang and real killings shown through a snuff movie.

We have a actress and her producer tagging along to make a movie and some jealousy from another woman shown stabbing a guy in the stomach. A thinner Charlie Manson wannabe cult leader and his deciples telling them it's ok to kill, a somewhat Mardi Gras parade and a mish mash dubbed film that is very much out of sync throughout the movie. I don't know if the dubbing made the acting terrible or the acting made the dubbing terrible, there was a nice gut wrenching going on towards the end. This goes to the category of "Now you have seen it, that's it".

Attachment 240767

MrBarlow 22nd June 2022 09:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Scream Blacula Scream. 1973.

The vampire Mamuwalde is resurrected by voodoo and goes on a killing spree hoping to be rid of his curse.

For anyone who loved Pam Grier in the 70s Blackxploitation movies will certainly love her as a love interest to the Dark Prince and being a voodoo queen in this sequel to Blackula. William Marshall returns to his role from the previous film, was the comedic parts intentional or unintentional? The pimp/thugs part was a bit of a laugh, this was a decent sequel and a bit more darker than it's predecessor.

Attachment 240768

Demdike@Cult Labs 22nd June 2022 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 672213)
Snuff. 1975.

This goes to the category of "Now you have seen it, that's it".

Told you as much. :lol:

MrBarlow 22nd June 2022 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 672220)
Told you as much. :lol:

You certainly did :lol:

gag 22nd June 2022 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 672213)
Snuff. 1975.

The exploits of a cult biker gang and real killings shown through a snuff movie.

We have a actress and her producer tagging along to make a movie and some jealousy from another woman shown stabbing a guy in the stomach. A thinner Charlie Manson wannabe cult leader and his deciples telling them it's ok to kill, a somewhat Mardi Gras parade and a mish mash dubbed film that is very much out of sync throughout the movie. I don't know if the dubbing made the acting terrible or the acting made the dubbing terrible, there was a nice gut wrenching going on towards the end. This goes to the category of "Now you have seen it, that's it".

Attachment 240767

It was original called slaughter, only had a ltd release didn’t do well so shelved it for few years and decided to rerelease it with a new ending and a new title, it was shot mainly without sound due to the actors understanding very little English.

gag 22nd June 2022 11:38 PM

The black phone has mixed reviews but mostly decent and positive, 100% on rotten tomatoes, a decently made film about school kids going missing, few people have complained it’s got some Stephen king reference but it’s bound to have it was written by his son. decent atmospheric and at times certain clips wonder where there going but it all fits in at the end, only downfall is there’s no background at all on the killer, even a little would have been nice.

gag 23rd June 2022 02:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hellarious, tongue in cheek satire horror anthology, badly made, bad acting like a bunch of students decide to make a film in their spare time, ( except they're older lol ) bad effects but at same time highly fun and entertaining. You know exactly what to expect when first shorts about killer shopping trolleys.

Demdike@Cult Labs 23rd June 2022 02:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Perhaps watching Society (1989) followed by a couple of episodes of season two of Baywatch (1992) wasn't the best thing.

The fact both Society and the classic lifeguard tv show both star Billy Warlock is not ideal as my over riding memory of the evening was of David Hasselhoff climbing into Warlock's arse and Erika Eleniak sucking his face off.

Confusion reigned.

MrBarlow 23rd June 2022 05:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Toolbox Murders. 2004.

In a old Hollywood hotel that's been converted into flats, young school teacher Nell and her nurse boyfriend Steve move in and soon after renovations start deaths begin to occur.

The original is by no means a masterpiece but still entertaining, this was is directed by Tobe Hooper and this should have been entertaining. It seems to switch from supernatural demonic theme to serial killer dressed up and called Coffin Baby and a bit of a rip-off from The House By The Cemetery. The deaths are good and like the title says carpenter's tools are used, this is the second time seeing this and thought it be better from the first viewing, nope I was wrong, set in a building this really should have some dark atmosphere which it's missing, no moments of claustrophobia, and really no explanation how a teen managed to set up a spy cam on his neighbour.

Attachment 240775

MrBarlow 23rd June 2022 07:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
American Kickboxer. 1991.

A kickboxer jailed for a accidental killing is released from jail, although banned for competing he is offered $100,000. in a winner take all fight against his enemy who testified against him in court.

Certainly not the best fighting movies but not the worst, decent fight at the start, car park brawl and someone gets killed cue the trial and and redemption then the big announcement to the new fight.

John Barrett plays the fighter sentenced to the big house while Keith Vitali plays the opponent who re-trains him to focus, half way through the film I had to remind myself I'm watching a kickboxing movie not a Rocky movie. It would have been better if the roles were switched about as Barrett's acting was a bit wooden at times.

Attachment 240776

nicholasrope 23rd June 2022 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 672252)
American Kickboxer. 1991.

A kickboxer jailed for a accidental killing is released from jail, although banned for competing he is offered $100,000. in a winner take all fight against his enemy who testified against him in court.

Certainly not the best fighting movies but not the worst, decent fight at the start, car park brawl and someone gets killed cue the trial and and redemption then the big announcement to the new fight.

John Barrett plays the fighter sentenced to the big house while Keith Vitali plays the opponent who re-trains him to focus, half way through the film I had to remind myself I'm watching a kickboxing movie not a Rocky movie. It would have been better if the roles were switched about as Barrett's acting was a bit wooden at times.

Attachment 240776

Blooming hell, I remember this one, saw it many times.

MrBarlow 23rd June 2022 09:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
American Rickshaw. 1989.

A college student finds himself framed for a murder of a man he just met and gets embroiled in a battle between good and evil.

This seemed to be a mix bag of Big Trouble In Little China and The Golden Child with some comedy mixed in, Donald Pleasance had such a great career why would he be in this along side Daniel Greene? I know Pleasance done a few Italian/American movies but he must've seen the script and thought it be a comedy. Sergio Martino surely had to be embarrassed and had his name changed to Martin Dolman to hide the fact he made this. One not to be taken seriously as a horror.

Attachment 240778

nicholasrope 23rd June 2022 09:40 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Zone Troopers

During WWII, a U.S Unit come across a German Camp as well as an Alien Spaceship containing Aliens.

When I saw the Trailer originally, I thought that the makers wanted to portray that this was going to be a serious Film, It isn't. It does have a low budget but it's not a bad Film and whilst I did find it interesting, it's not going to be one that I'll be rushing to watch again but will be one I will be in time.

There was some funny scenes involving Mittens where he knocks out Hitler and having his Cigarettes taken after trading for them.

Creepozoids

During a Nuclear War (In 1998) a group of Deserters find a Shelter during a Acid Rain downpour but end up getting taken out by Genetically Enhanced creatures.

This is a quint-essential 80's Video Shop Film with a distinctive cover with an opening score which gave me Italian Film vibes. It's short but I was enthralled however the creature effects were not good (You could tell they were toys)

MrBarlow 23rd June 2022 10:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Blackenstein. 1973.

Eddie a Vietnam Veteran who lost both arms and legs due to a land mine visits a doctor who can re-attach new limbs to his body. A jealous assistant switches some DNA injections causing Eddie to become a gigantic monster.

This had to be the inspiration for Young Frankenstein (sorry...Fronkensteen), surely it really can't be taken seriously and it isn't. Admiration for the makers to get a hold of the original Frankenstein laboratory props to use in this, but the acting isn't that great, everyone probably knew it wouldn't be a big movie and decided to be cheesy with their dialogue delivery, its good for it's laughs.

Attachment 240782

MrBarlow 24th June 2022 03:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Demons Of The Mind. 1972.

A doctor discovers a baron who keeps his children imprisoned and uncovers other darker secrets.

From the Hammer studio this isn't a horror as such but more dark psychological suspense chiller, Robert Hardy plays the Baron who thinks his children Shane Briant and Gillian Hills have inherited some madness that their mother suffered which resulted in her suicide. Patrick Magee stars as the doctor called in to assess them and discovers more than just madness but also incest and satanic worshiping.

The baron house does seem like your typical Gothic house and atmosphere with plenty of places to run and hide. The plot does seem a bit messy and all over the place at first glance but given the chance for a second viewing this is a decent film to enjoy and understand.

Attachment 240783

Demoncrat 24th June 2022 04:58 PM

Blood Beat (1983, Fabrice Zaphiratos)

Meet the family! Mom loves to paint, Dad loves to hunt, you'll fit right in!!
What this one is I'm unsure, but I got a strong "this is like the stranger flicks that got caught up in that DPP list" vibe. :nod:
Might just jump to the top of the pile for Boxing Day (this and Dangerous Men? :laugh: hmmmmm why not??)

Dr Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness (2022, Sam Raimi)

Whilst the woke did nearly make me turn it off, I persevered due to the helmer, and was reasonably happy with the second half of the flick. Just wish we could have gotten some more "travelling" ahem.

Beavis & Butthead Do The Universe

Wanna travel back in time? Then this is for you. Our tepid twosome find what they think is the answer to their problems, but yet again they've missed the point somewhat. Reasonably silly. No dogs are harmed :nod::laugh:

MrBarlow 24th June 2022 05:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Foxy Brown. 1974.

Foxy takes on a job as a prostitute to hunt down those responsible for killing her boyfriend.

Pam Grier certainly does have some nice ample assets that she ain't shy in showing them as well as other actresses in this film. Female lead Blaxplotation movie where everyone takes a shot and swing at each other, nice bit of girl on girl fight in a lesbian bar, wire coat hanger used on a eye, did the censors have fun cutting this film, certainly enjoyed watching this. :pop2:

Attachment 240797

Demdike@Cult Labs 24th June 2022 06:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I Still Know What You Did Last Summer (1998)

An entertaining sequel that i was so underwhelmed with when i first saw it at the cinema.

A direct sequel to the first film, this dumps Jennifer Love Hewitt and another bunch of victims on a vacation in the Bahamas at a near deserted island hotel run by Jeffrey Combs. Storm season approaches as does scary fisherman Ben Willis.

I've grown to enjoy it more over the years, the island setting (Looks lovely on Blu-ray) is different, at least to the usual high school prom we normally get in this genre, and Combs, along with Jack Black brings a bit of quirkyness to proceedings. Although a bit gorier than the first film this is no slasher classic thanks to a largely slash free first forty minutes yet i still have a thing for these nineties attempts at rejuvenating the once dead slasher genre on the big screen.

MrBarlow 24th June 2022 07:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ichi The Killer. 2001.

A Yakuza enforcer looking for his missing boss cross paths with a repressed and psychotic killer.

I have never read any of the Manga/comic book this was based on but after watching Takashi Mike's film Audition (just once)I thought I'd be prepared to dwell into the mind of sadistic torture. Right at the start (4 mins) a small rape and beating that can put a few films to shame with a voyeur having a "ham shank with himself". stringing someone up with hooks, and the favorable Japanese violence and gore. Give credit to the actor who put himself through all that make-up and able to pull it off making it look real and sufferable for our entertainment. With Takashi Mike we do seem to get decent direction and nice cinematography but the plot seemed all over the place.

Attachment 240799

MrBarlow 24th June 2022 09:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I Spit On Your Grave. 1978.

Writer Jennifer travels to a secluded area to work on her new book and is gang raped and believed to be dead. Jennifer lives through the ordeal and seeks revenge.

Never upset a woman who can be creative in writing and more creative plotting and planning her revenge as she does in this film, we all want karma for the local bad guys. After some discussion last night on here and thanks to the free movie site I been using, this version I watched, wasn't the edited but the full 101 minutes instead of the standard 90-93 minute release. I know the rape scene was a bit on the hard side and upsetting for some, no wonder it was cut back a bit, at least Jennifer had the last smile at cutting something :lol:

Attachment 240800

MrBarlow 24th June 2022 11:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Robo Vampire. 1988.

Narcotics officer Tom Wilde is gunned down and killed, a Chinese priest is able to give him a second chance in life as a robot.

This felt like a Chinese version of Robocop...oh wait it was a rip-off from Robocop and the horror film Mr Vampire, I have seen a few Godfrey Ho movies but this was really bad that I laughed almost all the way through the movie knowing I lost 90 minutes of my life. Doubt I will come back to this one anytime soon.

Attachment 240801

MrBarlow 25th June 2022 02:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The Living dead Girl. 1982.

After a toxic spill, a young dead heiress is revived and with the help of her childhood friend they both quench her thirst for blood.

You can always trust jean Rollin to give out something of a zombie movie and turn it into a somewhat erotic vampire movie, with some of his movies I have seen, this one does have his usual treat of great colorful cinematography and good decent pace.

Marina Pierro and Francoise Blanchard play the besties childhood friends who reunite after the toxic spill that brought back Catherine, there is a bit of a slow build up to her thirst for blood then we are not disappointed with the gore factor on this film. One film I didn't really grasp the first time I watched it and now it's a entertaining film to watch.

Attachment 240802

Frankie Teardrop 25th June 2022 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 672317)
Blood Beat (1983, Fabrice Zaphiratos)

Meet the family! Mom loves to paint, Dad loves to hunt, you'll fit right in!!
What this one is I'm unsure, but I got a strong "this is like the stranger flicks that got caught up in that DPP list" vibe. :nod:
Might just jump to the top of the pile for Boxing Day (this and Dangerous Men? :laugh: hmmmmm why not??)

'Blood Beat' is amazing! 'Blood Beat' and 'Dangerous Men' in one sitting is playing with fire, but I think you already know that...!

Frankie Teardrop 25th June 2022 11:10 AM

TOUGH GUYS DON’T DANCE – From no less of a personage than Norman Mailer. He did some other movies back in the seventies, but they were like weird avant garde improv or something. This is an adaption of his book by the same name, and it’s pretty much part of that whole eighties re-wiring of noirish tropes, but to call it ‘neo-noir’ and leave it at that would be to skim the surface. TGDT is a very odd movie. Wings Hauser’s in it, which is usually enough to guarantee a strange ride in itself; beyond this salient fact, there’s a labyrinthine plot about heads in carrier bags buried deep in the woods and a tone that shifts between hysteria and deadpan. But the real strangeness is in the dialogue. Never have I been so transfixed by the way characters speak, and what they say and the way they say it seems to belong to its own separate, slightly ghostly plane that hovers above the film itself. It’s all just so stylised and stagey, but I found it really captivating. And there’s a certain atmosphere that cuts through it all. There’s a bit of nakedness and a bit of deadness, but this a more a film about lonely beaches and time running out. And I’m not “tickling your stick” about that one, not even if you’re Wings Hauser.

ANGEL – One of those eighties movie serial killers is stalking the hustler haven of downtown LA in ‘Angel’, a tonally bizarre film which is about what I’ve just described, but is actually more about a teenage hooker trying to find her long lost daddy. You get to see a lot of neon drenched shots of city streets at night, and I’m always a sucker for that kind of thing, particularly if it’s from the eighties / nineties, with that filmy graininess about it. It feels gritty and real, but it’s a total hallucination, a look, an aesthetic. ‘Angel’ pushes the unreality boat out even further by inserting into all that what is basically a feelgood plotline. Angel’s life on the streets has a Cinderella harshness about it, but she’s surrounded by a gang of supportive fellow sex workers. The cops give the hookers a hard time, but then the lead investigator becomes Angel’s father figure. There are no awful pimps, just a kindly Widow Twanky-ish den mother. It could be a pantomime. I’m not knocking it, I’m just saying that the film’s weirdly saccharine unreality is what makes ‘Angel’ special, especially in combination with this whole sleazy business of prostitute murder. Speaking of which, you don’t get any kind of window into that whatsoever – the evil dude is basically just that, a killer without backstory or motive… “it hurts…!” is about the only thing we hear him say, an impressive waste of the talents of the great John Diehl. All in all, if you’re looking for an insight into the realms of real-life exploitation and the societal abuse and neglect that ends with a life on the streets… look somewhere else. But you may already have figured that out. If you want to watch a bizarre fantasy that’s about as real as a plastic christmas tree, step right up.

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th June 2022 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop (Post 672343)

ANGEL – One of those eighties movie serial killers is stalking the hustler haven of downtown LA in ‘Angel’, a tonally bizarre film which is about what I’ve just described, but is actually more about a teenage hooker trying to find her long lost daddy. You get to see a lot of neon drenched shots of city streets at night, and I’m always a sucker for that kind of thing, particularly if it’s from the eighties / nineties, with that filmy graininess about it. It feels gritty and real, but it’s a total hallucination, a look, an aesthetic. ‘Angel’ pushes the unreality boat out even further by inserting into all that what is basically a feelgood plotline. Angel’s life on the streets has a Cinderella harshness about it, but she’s surrounded by a gang of supportive fellow sex workers. The cops give the hookers a hard time, but then the lead investigator becomes Angel’s father figure. There are no awful pimps, just a kindly Widow Twanky-ish den mother. It could be a pantomime. I’m not knocking it, I’m just saying that the film’s weirdly saccharine unreality is what makes ‘Angel’ special, especially in combination with this whole sleazy business of prostitute murder. Speaking of which, you don’t get any kind of window into that whatsoever – the evil dude is basically just that, a killer without backstory or motive… “it hurts…!” is about the only thing we hear him say, an impressive waste of the talents of the great John Diehl. All in all, if you’re looking for an insight into the realms of real-life exploitation and the societal abuse and neglect that ends with a life on the streets… look somewhere else. But you may already have figured that out. If you want to watch a bizarre fantasy that’s about as real as a plastic christmas tree, step right up.

You and me both. If you haven't seen it i recommend Last Night in Soho for neon drenched sixties London.

I really like Angel (And it's sequels). The fact it's a kind of ensemble of likable characters means it's a bit different to the norm of this genre.

Frankie Teardrop 25th June 2022 11:33 AM

I liked LNIS, though I wasn't quite as hot on it as you were. It was those grey spectres that kept cropping up... they fumbled it, somehow. But that's me being picky.

Might try the Angel sequels this afternoon, then.

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th June 2022 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop (Post 672346)
I liked LNIS, though I wasn't quite as hot on it as you were. It was those grey spectres that kept cropping up... they fumbled it, somehow. But that's me being picky.

Might try the Angel sequels this afternoon, then.

Don't expect the griminess from Avenging Angel. It's a camper and much more fun affair with shoot out's galore with the fun encapsulated in a riotous sequence as aging cowboy Rory Calhoun is bust out of a sanitarium.

What i like about the sequel is the supposed low life of Hollywood - the (And i quote)" hookers, dykes, drugstore cowboys, transvestites and street performers" - we get to know are wonderfully written people, a loving street family, whom i really cared about.

Haha. No pressure there then Frankie.

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th June 2022 02:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Zone Troopers (1985)

A cracking war, sci-fi epic from Charles Band starring Tim Thomerson, an actor who lights up any low budget production and turns it into a sparkling gem, as the grizzled sergeant of a platoon (Do four men constitute a platoon?) lost behind enemy lines in Italy 1942 who discover an alien space craft crashed in the woods, it's pilot captured by the SS.

Despite it's meager means Zone Troopers has some great battle sequences as Thomerson and co battle hordes of Nazis. There are some good FX and cool explosions as well. Parts of the film do move at a snails pace but this is to be expected, however the cast of soldiers are all pretty likable and the alien dude is kinda cute in a bug eyed ferret way.

What i did love was the soundtrack of authentic music from the period especially Glenn Miller's In the Mood which i could listen to all day. Although Richard Band's original soundtrack sounds too much like The Imperial March by John Williams each time the Nazis enter the fray.

I'd never seen Zone Troopers before prior to last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. The Blu-ray from 88 Films has lovely depth to it during the daylight outdoor scenes.

Demoncrat 25th June 2022 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop (Post 672341)
'Blood Beat' is amazing! 'Blood Beat' and 'Dangerous Men' in one sitting is playing with fire, but I think you already know that...!

They all know the score. I'm teetering with 3 or 4 at the moment, American Rampage was high on the list etc, but BB just took my breath away tbh. :nod::hail:

MrBarlow 25th June 2022 08:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Maniac. 1980.

A psychotic unstable man goes on a killing spree around new York City.

Another abusive mother an son relationship that triggers the brain of a male to become a complete psycho killer, in this it's the form of Joe Spinell, who'd da thought Rocky's old enforcer boss would make a great unbalanced person :lol:

I will admit the pace of the film is a bit slow after the start but does get interesting after the main character build up which Spinell and director William Lustig done nicely. Think we all appreciated the death of Tom Savini's character Disco Boy was done brilliantly and one of the best parts to the film, the other was probably seeing Caroline Munro. Watching Frank and Anna together does give off the tense moment of will he or won't he killer her.

Attachment 240813

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th June 2022 09:55 PM

What did you think of the remake, Mr.B?

I thought it was better than the original.

MrBarlow 25th June 2022 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 672377)
What did you think of the remake, Mr.B?

I thought it was better than the original.

Hands up, I was a bit hesitant about Elijah Wood playing a psycho but it was a lot better than I expected it to be, you gotta love the background score when he goes off on one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4eooP5Ouz4

Added the remake to the October list

Demoncrat 25th June 2022 10:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Death Journey (1976, Fred Williamson)

The Hammer and some schlub trek round the states in order to bring bad men to task.
Imagine an unfunny (well ....) Planes, Trains & Automobiles ... without the flying bit :lol::rolleyes:
Slightly low rent in presentation, there is much fun to be had, what with FW showing how much of a feminist he is on one hand, and just how violent a brother can get when room service fails to live up to expectations. Pacing wise, it just sort of happens in front of you. Under 80 minutes as well.