Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Demoncrat 17th July 2012 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 258168)
Body Melt

Rubbish for the most part, and shockingly dated with its repeatedly flaunted early 90s computer graphics and naff techno-ish score. Tone was all over the place, and the plot seemed randomly cobbled-together - noticed in the credits it was adapted from several short stories. But instead of a Street Trash-like Short Cuts-of-splatter, I just found it all a bit shoddy . . .

Awww, i love it for all those same reasons, plus Harold Bishop swearing is always a hoot;)

James Morton 17th July 2012 11:40 AM

OPERA on the horror channel, one of Argento's best

Demoncrat 17th July 2012 11:41 AM

Rewatched Lemora, the synapse dvd, it "shudders" slightly at the very end, but isn't a disc fault, hmmmm looks like my mate WILL be getting Killer's Moon after all for xmas....;)

Invid Ninja 17th July 2012 03:14 PM

Outland - Excellent and gritty space western; no secret that it would make a good companion piece with Alien with regards to it's soundtrack, nihilistic atmosphere and overall design. Looking forward to importing the US Blu once the price is right.

demonknight 17th July 2012 03:26 PM

body bags

Have body bags on video but would pick it up again if it were to be released on dvd uncut. Ah yes VHS. Those were the days.

Rik 17th July 2012 03:29 PM

I've just finished watching Hellraiser:Revelations. Apart from the guy playing Pinhead looking like he enjoys his takeaways and is wearing a Halloween costume, it wasn't half as bad as I anticipated. It's certainly better than some of the previous sequels, at least this was made from a Hellraiser script and not a standard horror with the Cenobites et al worked in. 6/10 for the film, 1/10 for Pinhead

bdc 17th July 2012 06:58 PM

Roger Corman : Hollywood's Wild Angel (1978)

Fun and very interesting 70's documentary that mainly focuses on Corman the producer and his directors.

Roger Corman : Hollywood's Wild Angel (1978 DOCU) - YouTube

mercury 17th July 2012 08:42 PM

Cowboys and Aliens
Paranormal Activity 3
We Bought a Zoo.....Saw a screening today with my afterschool, and enjoyed it very much. Was much better than sitting though the muppets like I did last week:)

keirarts 17th July 2012 09:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Stuck inside because of rain with one of my mates, decided to have a kung-fu marathon.

36th chamber of shaolin. The us Blu-ray looks astonishing, its region-free and is a genuineley kick-ass kung-fu flick.

Chinese ghost story. Excellent mix of traditional chinese mysticism and evil dead style kinnetic camera work. Funny, scary and surprisingly romantic.

Master of flying guillotine (aka Flying guillotine vs one-armed boxer) Never, ever gets boring no matter how often I see it. Supurb fights and supurb soundtrack. Needs a decent R2 uk release asap.

Five fingers of death. Another Shaw brothers classic, set in a later period to 36th chamber, excellent fight scenes and some surprisingly nasty violence. One bloke gets his eyes ripped out though he was sort of asking for it.

Attachment 72818

Now i'm going to watch this lil beauty (or at least the first disc at any rate, its geting late.)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 18th July 2012 12:41 PM

In preparation for The Dark Knight Rises' release on Friday, Cineworld had a double bill of Batman Begins and The Dark Knight last night. It was due to be in one of the small screens but as soon as they realised the demand (I bought my ticket on Monday and when I got there last night there was massive queue at the door) they switched it for one of the biggest screens and there were probably less than 20 empty seats.

As they are both great visual spectacles with brilliant soundtracks, sound design and sound effects, it was great to see them at the cinema again, so roll on Friday morning when I get to see how the trilogy concludes.

Interestingly, there is 5 am showing on Friday so The Dark Night Rises is screened at the same time here as in New York and Tokyo. I'm not going to get up that early, but will see it fairly early that morning before braving a multiplex cinema during the school holidays and watching it again next week.