Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

James Morton 6th August 2012 02:21 PM

THE BANK JOB - Statham in good form in this fact based thriller
SOMETHING WILD -Jonathan Demme's very good comedy w/Melanie Griffith, Jeff Daniels and an early appearance from Ray Liotta

Gojirosan 6th August 2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 264049)
RIGHT!!! I've had enough of your crap! Roll them up, where taking this out side!
:boxing:

I joke of cause. I find it a tad nauseating however that you claim that ALL ANIME have terrible art style and un-appealing animation.
Tnjho Tengai, Guyver, Hellsing (The TV series, not the Movies), One Piece and multiple 90's product's are horrendisly animated and with truely abysmal character design.
But what about (And I say some of these again) Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Samurai Champloo (Which doess have lovely animation despite my gripe's), Black Lagoon, Bleach, Full Metal Alchemist (Brotherhood) are all amazing in term's of both intersting story telling, with a sizeable plathera of characters and great art (Trigun for the time atleast. It hasen't aged well in the art department).

Next you'll be telling me Strontium Dog is a crap comic book.......oh, wait, i'm the only person in the world's who like's Strontium Dog......my bad.

I have repeatedly said "most" and "not all" and the like whilst talking about anime. I wouldn't write off a whole industry! But FOR THE MOST PART, it simply isn't for me. It doesn't work for me, I don't like how it looks (the whole manga style of character representation knocks me sick). Having been repeatedly disappointed by it FOR THE MOST PART, I tend not to watch it and choose not to spend my time searching within the field as I have a lot of other things to watch. I thought Akira and Roujin Z were pretty good, I thought Ghost In The Shell and Blood: The Last Vampire were two of the worst films I've ever seen. I do realise that good and bad exists. I just haven't seen much to win me over.

Also, I really like Strontium Dog, but I am now wondering if I should now I know that you like it...;):tongue1:

Baseball Fury 6th August 2012 09:34 PM

Goji,if you haven't already, you should give Perfect Blue a try, it's brilliant. If Hitchcock made an anime film, that'd be the one. It was a HUGE influence on Black Swan.

Also, I just got home from watching Ted, which is ****ing fantastic.

sawyer6 6th August 2012 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 264157)
Goji,if you haven't already, you should give Perfect Blue a try, it's brilliant. If Hitchcock made an anime film, that'd be the one. It was a HUGE influence on Black Swan.

Also, I just got home from watching Ted, which is ****ing fantastic.

Perfect Blue is great ,hell! all of Satoshi kon's films are great :(

Rik 6th August 2012 10:06 PM

Just watched Re-animator, no further comments required, I'm now watching Enter The Dragon, also no further comments required

Frankie Teardrop 6th August 2012 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Morton (Post 264075)
THE BANK JOB - Statham in good form in this fact based thriller
SOMETHING WILD -Jonathan Demme's very good comedy w/Melanie Griffith, Jeff Daniels and an early appearance from Ray Liotta

I love 'Something Wild'.

Kakki 7th August 2012 02:46 AM

House By The Cemetery. I simply just love how they dubbed Bob's voice! It makes the movie so much more entertaining. Even without Bob I think it's a great film :P.

Slippery Jack 7th August 2012 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kakki (Post 264210)
House By The Cemetery. I simply just love how they dubbed Bob's voice! It makes the movie so much more entertaining. Even without Bob I think it's a great film :P.

Bob is the creepiest thing in it :eek:

Saw Slaughter High for the first time last night. Couldn't get past Terry from Emmerdale playing an American high school kid :lol: . . .

Demoncrat 7th August 2012 09:50 AM

The Burning Moon (Olaf Ittenbach) Another splattery success from the teutonic trashmaster imo. If, like me, you're bored senseless with doomladen cape films or sickeningly unreal romcoms....Then read a sodding book haha.

but if you like it sticky, get on board the Ittenbach Express.....:laugh:;):)

(I realise this statement make be taken the wrong way by the majority of perverts on this site....fill your boots folks haha)

demonknight 7th August 2012 01:56 PM

Watched plague of the zombies last night. Great stuff. Can't wait for more hammer movies to get the high definition treatment. Curse of Frankenstein 3 discer coming this october sounds delicious.