Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Demoncrat 7th September 2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 271468)
Jamie Lee disco dancing! Nothing happened haha then they had a dance and some dude got his head lopped off - the end.

Didn't see your other thread btw:doh:. Ah, I've a soft spot for the original, more to do with Nielsen etc. I'd recommend Bloody Moon then;)

mercury 7th September 2012 10:08 AM

Holocaust 2000.......not that great unless you want to see Kirk Douglas run about naked:eek:

sawyer6 7th September 2012 10:23 AM

Recent viewings http://i49.tinypic.com/2czq0cp.jpg

fuzzymctiger 7th September 2012 11:44 AM

Haven't been on for a week as I was at a military base for cadet camp

Watched Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things and Dead Of Night with Dad for Fathers Day before I left though.

CSPWDT had the most appallingly shit dialogue ever, so bad it was hilarious. The characters got very annoying though, and the zombies and stuff only came out with 20 minutes left, but then it got really good. Kudos to Nucleus, as their transfer on this really shines when upscaled.

DON on the whole was very good, but also very unsettling. Especially the whole ending with just about everyone dying, and the bit where he strangles the dog, but overall great movie. Reminded me of Martin at points. Not too happy with the transfer on this one, as there was an annoying static grain the whole time.

Was funny with those 2, seeing all the characters from the first appear in the second.

Watched Blitz on the bus back from camp. Quite funny watching the teachers cringe every time the c word was dropped, and listening to a couple of guys say "what the ****?" when a guys face was beaten in with a hammer. Missed most of the dialogue and the ending, but overall a pretty poor movie, but enjoyable.

Nordicdusk 7th September 2012 12:20 PM

7 Days/Les 7 Jours Du Talion

Great film had a very good story with some very strong emotions. Im sure loosing a child is the worst thing that can happen to anyone and what follows that in this is what any loving parent would want to do. The torture scenes in this were very well done and very realistic but its not a non stop torture fest with plenty of focus on the main plot. You can see the father is conflicted by what he is doing again making it more convincing. The lack of music in the film adds to the tension even the end credits are silent.

Susan Foreman 7th September 2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 271502)
7 Days/Les 7 Jours Du Talion

The lack of music in the film adds to the tension even the end credits are silent.

THAT really hit me about this film - the lack of any kind of music made it so much more real and disturbing, almost like a documentary

Total Voyeur film!

Hawkmonger 7th September 2012 03:38 PM

I really need to learn how to make those colage's of title cards. There very cool to look at.

Nordicdusk 7th September 2012 03:53 PM

Blade Runner

First time seeing this on Blu Ray looks fantastic.

sawyer6 7th September 2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 271587)
I really need to learn how to make those colage's of title cards. There very cool to look at.

Simple take pictures with bs player of the titles and then use picasa to make a colage :)

Rik 7th September 2012 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 271598)
Blade Runner

First time seeing this on Blu Ray looks fantastic.

You know, I've only seen this once, years ago on the telly box so I'm tempted to pick up the new set that's due next month, £25 from Sainsburys bargain hunters