LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th July 2009, 08:43 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitchslicer View Post
what a response

theres some films im going have to check out, the gateway meat is awesome and if you go to the site http://www.ftbomp.com/ its still on sale for quite cheap and its limited to 1000, i got mine from there and it arrive quickly.

although Ron the guy who made it is releasing the brightside trilogy soon which has the gateway meat,eating Razors (a love story) and The White Lie the last two i havnt seen.

i know of timo rose but have ye to see any of his films
Das Komabrutale Duell is great fun
Iskanov's films are great too but i have to be in the mood
redroom, bone sicknes and home sick also great
i just got the 3 films from cinema abbitoir through the post but not watched them yet.

heres a few you might like to check out

3 cortes
All Night Long trilogy
Black Past
Dard Divorce
Fetus
I Spit on Your Corpse, I Piss on Your Grave
Kyoko Vs. Yuki
Murder Set Pieces
Nekro
Ostermontag
Shogun's Sadism
Snuff 102
Splatter: Naked Blood
Subconscious Cruelty
Suicide Dolls
Torched
Thriller: A Cruel Picture
Tumbling Doll of Flesh
Womens Flesh
Cheers for the suggestions, there are a few there I haven't heard of.

I've seen (and own): Dard Divorce (good on the gore, shit on story) Murder Set Pieces (The new Maniac - but nowhere near as good, tries too hard to shock IMO ) Splatter: Naked Blood (****ing crazy stuff!) Subconscious Cruelty (can't believe I forgot Karim Hussain! Have you seen Ascension? Most people hated it but I enjoyed it), Thriller: A Cruel Picture (enjoyed this, but it did drag abit IMO).

Black Past is another Ittenbach, but I'm pretty sure that it hasn't received an English friendly uncut version yet (?). I've also seen Beyond the Limits, Garden of Love, House of Blood, Legion of the Dead and Premutos: Lord of the Living Dead from Ittenbach: the stand-out being Beyond the Limits. Legion of the Dead is terrible, though. Also while we're on the German's again check out Jorg Buttgereit's work... aside from the Nekromantik's he has directed two great little films: Der Todesking and Schramm.

I'll have to look into some of those, a few Japanese titles there that might interest me... while we're on the Japanese, one of the weirdest (and hardest films to watch all the way through without turning off in bewildered frustration) is 964 Pinocchio - recommended if your feeling brave!
Old 17th July 2009, 09:07 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

FORCED ENTRY XXX

Reckon this would pass through the BBFC unscathed?

Should come supplied with a bar of ZEST......

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 18th July 2009, 12:45 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by TALL DUDE View Post
Will do mate. What did you think of public enemies? I thought it was pretty damn good and even though it was on for 2 and a half hours it certainly didnt seem it. Depp was good too,prefered him in this to his jack sparra incarnation,which i just couldnt get on with at all.

I'll have to disagree there TD. To be honest, I felt it sagged in the middle a bit - and was a bit boring at times - but towards the end it began to pick up. It was really good but, IMO, really overrated.
Old 18th July 2009, 12:49 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Thriller: A Cruel Picture is one of my fav films BS! Nice choice!
Old 18th July 2009, 04:59 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye View Post
Cheers for the suggestions, there are a few there I haven't heard of.

I've seen (and own): Dard Divorce (good on the gore, shit on story) Murder Set Pieces (The new Maniac - but nowhere near as good, tries too hard to shock IMO ) Splatter: Naked Blood (****ing crazy stuff!) Subconscious Cruelty (can't believe I forgot Karim Hussain! Have you seen Ascension? Most people hated it but I enjoyed it), Thriller: A Cruel Picture (enjoyed this, but it did drag abit IMO).

Black Past is another Ittenbach, but I'm pretty sure that it hasn't received an English friendly uncut version yet (?). I've also seen Beyond the Limits, Garden of Love, House of Blood, Legion of the Dead and Premutos: Lord of the Living Dead from Ittenbach: the stand-out being Beyond the Limits. Legion of the Dead is terrible, though. Also while we're on the German's again check out Jorg Buttgereit's work... aside from the Nekromantik's he has directed two great little films: Der Todesking and Schramm.

I'll have to look into some of those, a few Japanese titles there that might interest me... while we're on the Japanese, one of the weirdest (and hardest films to watch all the way through without turning off in bewildered frustration) is 964 Pinocchio - recommended if your feeling brave!
ive got 964 Pinocchio but i havnt watched it yet the same for Der Todesking and Schramm, i have a few of Ittenbachs stuff that you mentioned some ive seen but some ive not got round to yet.

ive got so many films on my shelves and on my pc that i havnt seen , i keep saying i wont get any more until ive seen the ones ive got but it never works out like that.
some asian films you might like

hellevator,suicide club,uzumaki,evil dead trap ill post some more later ive got to go for my tea now
Old 18th July 2009, 05:02 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I also have 964 Pinocchio and havent watched it.

recent buys:

Flesh Eating Mothers - Vipco VHS
Massacre Mansion - Vipco VHS

Both off e-bay.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 18th July 2009, 05:46 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitchslicer View Post
ive got 964 Pinocchio but i havnt watched it yet the same for Der Todesking and Schramm, i have a few of Ittenbachs stuff that you mentioned some ive seen but some ive not got round to yet.

ive got so many films on my shelves and on my pc that i havnt seen , i keep saying i wont get any more until ive seen the ones ive got but it never works out like that.
some asian films you might like

hellevator,suicide club,uzumaki,evil dead trap ill post some more later ive got to go for my tea now
Brace yourself when you watch 964 Pinocchio - forget beers, you'll need some hard liquor on stand by to get through it!

I too have a lot of unwatched stuff, and I am slowly getting through it all, but it is never ending as I am always buying more!

Hellevator is a really good film IMO, I enjoyed Suicide Club and Evil Dead Trap too. Uzumaki was alright, but not as good as it was hyped up to be.
Old 18th July 2009, 09:08 PM
Cult Addict

Just watched "JCVD" and was rather taken with it.Van Damme can act!
Old 18th July 2009, 11:56 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

With the remake of a fav film of mine (taking of pelham 123) about to be released, i made a rather suitable choice of film to watch tonight, Charley Varrick (actor Walter Matthau being the link). A great little crime thriller, which was most enjoyable. Certainly a good antidote to some of the rubbish I had to watch today whilst at work in a cinema (the new transformers film)
Old 19th July 2009, 01:28 AM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

Watched The Hills Have Eyes today (anchorbay 2 disc) it's been a while since i last saw it and was really blown away by how good it is. I really loved the epic rant by Jupiter to the served head of the father 'I will eat the brains of your chidrens children' (not sure if this is the exact quote) Classic!

I also watched the making of doc on the second disk and really enjoyed that too.

Has anyone watched the American Nightmare doc? Looks interesting and is feature length which is cool, worth looking at?

Like this? Share it using the links below!