All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179616Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st October 2012, 02:09 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Scream 4 (2011)

Yawn, welcome to the party finally, better late than never i sense you all thinking, which actually could also be applied to this Wes Craven movie.

Whilst always entertaining the films formula seemed very dated. Perhaps it was meant to be that way though, was this the intention of Craven and scriptwriter Kevin Williamson, to repeat the formula of the first film over and over again.? The ironies and references to classic films are now wearing very thin and became almost embarrassing at times. Of course as with the rules of film series, they all have diminishing returns and tired references to earlier sequels so perhaps this was the point.

Hopefully if there is to be another film in the series a total reboot would be nice, ignoring the ironic horror movie rules and just have someone wearing the Ghostface outfit slaughtering an entirely different cast.

Getting past these points though, the film is quite good, the gore quotient has been upped from the previous entries even though it receives a 15 certificate. I never guessed who the killer would be, in fact i think i suspected everyone else apart from this person at one time or another. All the performances were decently played.

To finish this was better than parts 2 and 3, but nowhere near as good as the first film.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg scream4_poster.jpg (24.9 KB, 2 views)
Old 1st October 2012, 03:13 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Dredd Ahem, The Raid sadly makes this look sluggish, but it's DREDD and not that emo whoopsie that Stallone played imo. Solid first hour, then hmmmmmmm. Death better be in the sequel hahahahaha.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 1st October 2012, 03:29 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Watched this late last night...another fun Shaw wuxia fantasy.

keirarts and sawyer6 like this.
Old 1st October 2012, 04:34 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Dredd Ahem, The Raid sadly makes this look sluggish, but it's DREDD and not that emo whoopsie that Stallone played imo. Solid first hour, then hmmmmmmm. Death better be in the sequel hahahahaha.
I doubt there will be a sequel.

Despite positive reviews it has only just crept over the $20m worldwide, and dropped out of the US top ten on its second week.

Although the US box office is very poor, the rest of the world has seemingly ignored it as well.

The current state of Dredd | Den of Geek
Old 1st October 2012, 06:17 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post

Despite positive reviews it has only just crept over the $20m worldwide, and dropped out of the US top ten on its second week.

Although the US box office is very poor, the rest of the world has seemingly ignored it as well.

I'm nearly heart broken over this. All my reviewing freind's at TGWTG have loved it (Joe Vegas, Brad Jones, Doug Walker) and there influence's far out way's the influence of the mainstream reviewers who panned it (**** you Roger Moore!). Off this word of mouth I had hopped it would at least make $50m worldwide. Sad time's, so so sad.

DVD and BD collection
Old 1st October 2012, 06:55 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I was hoping the money men might have bankrolled a film of Sláine, (done in the style of Valhalla Rising)...

Old 1st October 2012, 07:05 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post

Worst thing is, forget ever seeing any more hard 18 cert action films at the cinema. The general consensus will be the violence hampered it, so expect more toned down product from hollywood aiming for that golden pg-13 certificate.
Old 1st October 2012, 07:43 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default What films have you seen recently?

What films have you seen recently?

the-american-poster.jpgJumperPoster_001.jpgdont-be-afraid-of-the-dark-poster_433x641.jpgHow-I-Spent-My-Summer-Vacation-Poster.jpg
Hawkmonger likes this.
Old 1st October 2012, 07:46 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Vic what was The American like - heard good things about this, but never tracked it down... I like Clooney, I thought Ides of March was one of the better films of that year...
Old 1st October 2012, 07:48 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
Vic what was The American like - heard good things about this, but never tracked it down... I like Clooney, I thought Ides of March was one of the better films of that year...
I thought it was very good,had a more serious tone than I expected,did not know much about it,thought it was gonna be a Bourne knock off but much more intelligent film.
Wes and Demdike@Cult Labs like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!