Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179475Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd October 2012, 08:27 AM
Cult Addict

Picked up a film called CREEP VAN for a quid in a charity shop.

It's set in detroit and its about a bloke whose had a string of bad luck and has ended up working in a car wash. What he really wants is his own ride as he's sick of taking the bus, he see's a van for sale and phones the owner trying to buy it. What he does'nt know but we do is the vans owner is a nutter who has modified the van into a mobile killing machine and spends his days driving about killing people!

This is a fun movie with plenty of prosthetic effects work and gory deaths. Its very low budget with some iffy acting but at 80 minutes long with plenty of murders it passes the time well enough, surprisingly good.
Old 3rd October 2012, 09:43 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handyman Joe View Post
I was in a Rollin mood last night (happens about 6 times a year) and watched the Redemption blu ray of The Iron Rose. What was that scene with the clown wandering through the graveyard all about? In its sheer balls out ludicrousness that one sequence sums up the addictive appeal of JR. The man is unspoofable!
If only the clown scene had you thinking what was that all about?
you did better than me!

(Don't get me wrong though, I loved it when I watched it the other night.)
Old 3rd October 2012, 09:57 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
I was in a Rollin mood last night (happens about 6 times a year) and watched the Redemption blu ray of The Iron Rose. What was that scene with the clown wandering through the graveyard all about? In its sheer balls out ludicrousness that one sequence sums up the addictive appeal of JR. The man is unspoofable!
I think we can addribute these bizzare scene's to Rollin raising all his artisitc purity and calling bullshit.

DVD and BD collection
Old 3rd October 2012, 12:23 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond72 View Post
If only the clown scene had you thinking what was that all about?
you did better than me!

(Don't get me wrong though, I loved it when I watched it the other night.)
The guy in the joke shop Dracula cloak was also somewhat peripheral to the plot I felt. Man he kept us waiting for the obligitary boobs scene, did he not - 65 minutes by my impatient watch. They were worth the wait, I can confirm.
Beyond72 likes this.
Old 3rd October 2012, 04:56 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Rambo: First Blood
Rik and Hawkmonger like this.
Old 3rd October 2012, 05:05 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Just finished watching Urban Explorer (2011)...ok-ish for a newer film I guess...maybe they could make a sequel with a special police squad going in (and add more action)...
Rik and fuzzymctiger like this.
Old 3rd October 2012, 05:10 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Watched Weekend Murders earlier today. Curious little film, was expecting more of a giallo than I got. Seemed very tongue in cheek at times (I particularly loved the local policeman veering from bumbling buffoon to perceptive detective at the drop of a hat). It did seem to drag in places and could have been a lot tighter too.
Old 3rd October 2012, 05:39 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
The guy in the joke shop Dracula cloak was also somewhat peripheral to the plot I felt. Man he kept us waiting for the obligitary boobs scene, did he not - 65 minutes by my impatient watch. They were worth the wait, I can confirm.
The girl dancing around the graves was good and all...but it could have been so much better.

Old 3rd October 2012, 05:44 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Watched Weekend Murders earlier today. Curious little film, was expecting more of a giallo than I got. Seemed very tongue in cheek at times (I particularly loved the local policeman veering from bumbling buffoon to perceptive detective at the drop of a hat). It did seem to drag in places and could have been a lot tighter too.
I saw the film for the first time when I watched the Code Red DVD a few months ago and I enjoyed it. I read somewhere that it was a giallo but it is a actually a whodunnit.
Old 3rd October 2012, 05:55 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by g053584398 View Post
I saw the film for the first time when I watched the Code Red DVD a few months ago and I enjoyed it. I read somewhere that it was a giallo but it is a actually a whodunnit.
Yeah, it was the Code Red disc I watched too. They did a great job of it. It definitely is more of a whodunit than a giallo though. The peculiar Englishness of it is really entertaining too.

Like this? Share it using the links below!