All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179604Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th October 2012, 11:45 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
The uncut version is pretty good and very sleazy in places. If you got anything out of the heavily cut UK version i'd recommend you give the R1 Shriek Show disc a go.
Cheers Dem, I might just do that actually.
Old 4th October 2012, 01:19 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
The uncut version is pretty good and very sleazy in places. If you got anything out of the heavily cut UK version i'd recommend you give the R1 Shriek Show disc a go.
the R1 dvd is not entirely uncut but its the most complete version
Old 4th October 2012, 01:23 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I'm very forgiving of most Eurocult films and am a huge fan of Di Leo and Kinski but damn! SLAUGHTER HOTEL is bad!
Old 4th October 2012, 01:44 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Cabin in the Woods-WTF! That is all I can say about this, well that and the fact I loved it
PaulD and Hawkmonger like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 4th October 2012, 04:01 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Morton View Post
The Italian DVD from Raro is the one to go for because it isn't a bastardised version like the Shriek Show one. The latter DVD also features a sequence with an audio problem as well I believe.
Old 4th October 2012, 04:21 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g053584398 View Post
The Italian DVD from Raro is the one to go for because it isn't a bastardised version like the Shriek Show one. The latter DVD also features a sequence with an audio problem as well I believe.
there are still missing scenes in the Raro dvd
Old 4th October 2012, 04:27 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
What sort of thing is missing, extra violence etc or additional scenes of exposition?
Old 4th October 2012, 04:44 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
What sort of thing is missing, extra violence etc or additional scenes of exposition?
◦R0 Italy- Raro Video/Nocturno - Long European version with extended nudity scenes and "close-up" inserts — the latter give rise to continuity glitches (clothed vs unclothed) on returning to the mainstream film. Body doubles were likely/definitely used here, e.g. the one for Rosalba Neri does not share her birthmark/scar. But, it´s still missing, at the 34:16 mark, the entire explicit love-making scene between Rosalba Neri and the gardener. This footage is contained in the US Shriek Show disc. Another missing scene is the kiss between actresses Monica Stroebel and Jane Garret. However, the greenhouse sequence from when Rosalba enters the greenhouse is cut. It is more complete in the out of print "Gorgon" VHS-tape.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 4th October 2012, 05:20 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
there are still missing scenes in the Raro dvd
There isn't actually anything missing from the Italian DVD which presents the Italian, or European, version of the film. Different takes involving extra nudity were filmed for the French version; which wasn't an uncommon thing in those days.

The US DVD features a bastardised, that is to say an unofficial, version of the film that was cobbled together by Shriek Show. I hate it when DVD labels resort to that kind of thing.
Old 4th October 2012, 05:33 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g053584398 View Post
There isn't actually anything missing from the Italian DVD which presents the Italian, or European, version of the film. Different takes involving extra nudity were filmed for the French version; which wasn't an uncommon thing in those days.

The US DVD features a bastardised, that is to say an unofficial, version of the film that was cobbled together by Shriek Show. I hate it when DVD labels resort to that kind of thing.
i agree with these dvds esp old european titles, there are so many versions and so many releases of different scenes, angles, some inserts in some dvd while cut out of another...mad!

then again you only have to go movie-censorship, dvdcompare, etc for examples of unrated films though not necessarily uncut

Like this? Share it using the links below!