All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179612Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th October 2012, 11:05 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop View Post
I don't know what it is, but it's a film I feel I've left behind. Shame really, because I really like Jeff Combs and of course am a big Lovecraft fan, notwithstanding that 'Reanimator' is about as Lovecraftian as a vole with a hernia. If I find I've grown bored of 'From Beyond' I'll be really pissed off, considering how much I paid for it.
I think you've hit it on the head with the idea of out growing films. As I was thinking about "Reanimator" just now, I kept getting flashes of old Fangoria covers from the 80s in my head and a teenage fanboy MTDS reading them with near religious devotion. I watched "From Beyond" a year or so ago, and was terribly disappointed in it. What had fried my mind when young now feels like a Cronenberg rip off, directed by a kid who has just had his first wank.
Old 20th October 2012, 11:14 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
I think you've hit it on the head with the idea of out growing films. As I was thinking about "Reanimator" just now, I kept getting flashes of old Fangoria covers from the 80s in my head and a teenage fanboy MTDS reading them with near religious devotion. I watched "From Beyond" a year or so ago, and was terribly disappointed in it. What had fried my mind when young now feels like a Cronenberg rip off, directed by a kid who has just had his first wank.
Yeah, it's a sad, sorrowful thing... kind of echos of bridges burned and fluttering memories when I go cold on one. Maybe I won't watch FB again for a while...
Wonder if I'll ever feel the same bittersweet sense of loss about 'ReGOREgitated Sacrifice'...
Old 20th October 2012, 11:22 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I feel the same way about Reanimator, but is was never really a favourite of mine in the first place. Bride of Reanimator i've always hated.

I watched From Beyond again for the first time in years a couple of weeks ago and did enjoy it but Combs is certainly no actor.
Old 20th October 2012, 11:28 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
I feel the same way about Reanimator, but is was never really a favourite of mine in the first place. Bride of Reanimator i've always hated.

I watched From Beyond again for the first time in years a couple of weeks ago and did enjoy it but Combs is certainly no actor.
Combs never impresses me as a great actor, but I like his wooden, nerdy presence and the sense that he's always seething somehow.
Old 20th October 2012, 11:32 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Combs never impresses me as a great actor, but I like his wooden, nerdy presence and the sense that he's always seething somehow.
I liked him in The Frighteners. His name on the dvd sleeve certainly doesn't make me think "Ooh, i must buy that" though.

Its odd really, as i do like the equally wooden Bruce Campbell.
Frankie Teardrop likes this.
Old 20th October 2012, 11:33 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Whenever I see Combs, for some reason I always think of lederhosen! I can't explain why or where the thought comes from, it's just there whenever I see an image of him.
Old 20th October 2012, 11:41 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
I liked him in The Frighteners. His name on the dvd sleeve certainly doesn't make me think "Ooh, i must buy that" though.

Its odd really, as i do like the equally wooden Bruce Campbell.
But Bruce Campbell's chin is a screen presence in its self!

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 20th October 2012, 11:41 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Whenever I see Combs, for some reason I always think of lederhosen! I can't explain why or where the thought comes from, it's just there whenever I see an image of him.
I once had a really unexciting dream that Jeff Combs was working in a Bureau De Change, but there was no erotic leather aspect to it!
Old 20th October 2012, 11:42 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post
But Bruce Campbell's chin is a screen presence in its self!
Carved from the finest oak.
fuzzymctiger likes this.
Old 20th October 2012, 11:43 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I once had a really unexciting dream that Jeff Combs was working in a Bureau De Change, but there was no erotic leather aspect to it!
Thats because everything below the beltline was obscured by the counter top.

Like this? Share it using the links below!