All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179618Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th October 2012, 12:30 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirium View Post
This thread would be infinitely more interesting of people added a short comment/review to say what they thought about the films they watched.
You can ask them
mercury likes this.
Old 27th October 2012, 12:44 PM
Cult Addict

Someone once said "if you have nothing good to say say nothing"

Perhaps why we didn't get an opinion of tower heist.
Nordicdusk likes this.
Old 27th October 2012, 01:25 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
This thread would be infinitely more interesting of people added a short comment/review to say what they thought about the films they watched.
For me I'm just useless at reviewing stuff. I can't even explain the stuff I like, I'm usually better when I hate something. I think we just need pretty pictures.
Pete and ArgentoFan1987 like this.
Old 27th October 2012, 03:46 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Rasputin-the Mad Monk, shot back to back with Dracula-Prince of Darkness and utilising many of the same sets and actors, this gem from Hammer tells the tale of Grigori Rasputin, a long haired, bearded, drunken, crazy Russian who claimed to have healing hands!
Fine performances from Sir Christopher Lee, Francis Matthews and the delightful Barbara Shelley with direction from Don Sharp bringing to life a script by Tony Hinds. The film contains an amusing scene of Lee dancing whilst drunk, rather like I will be later on tonight ahem...and although not entirely historically accurate, it's still a fine film for fans of the studio.
The Blu Ray from Studio Canal is under scrutiny at the minute from people complaining about the "thinness" of the audio, particularly during the opening theme music, as I posted in the official thread for this, the audio does seem to have no real low end, but a quick adjustment to my surround sound set up, literally taking seconds, meant it sounded fine to me. As for the PQ, I really can't say a bad word about it, it looks fantastic!
Special features include an informative making of, commentary track, a cool feature on Hammer book adaptions, a stills gallery and the ever present Oliver Reed narrated World of Hammer episode, this time a rather boring look at the few Pirate/Swashbuckling/Robin Hood pictures that Hammer produced (and that I wasn't aware of until half an hour ago), for me that is the only bad thing I can say about this set, highly recommended.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 27th October 2012, 03:49 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyer6 View Post
You can ask them
Why not just add a comment automatically? Lists are boring. Unless it's a bunch of purchases or something..
PaulD and Demdike@Cult Labs like this.
Old 27th October 2012, 04:48 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
. Unless it's a bunch of purchases or something..
I was talking about this case
Old 27th October 2012, 05:03 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Why not just add a comment automatically? Lists are boring. Unless it's a bunch of purchases or something..
Yeah, I agree. It's always good to see what people have to say about stuff and there's been many a film I've picked up on the basis on peoples comments in this very thread. Even just a line or two makes a big difference
Old 27th October 2012, 05:18 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Yeah, I agree. It's always good to see what people have to say about stuff and there's been many a film I've picked up on the basis on peoples comments in this very thread. Even just a line or two makes a big difference
Unless there are comments the posts are pretty pointless.
Old 27th October 2012, 05:19 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Rasputin-the Mad Monk, shot back to back with Dracula-Prince of Darkness and utilising many of the same sets and actors, this gem from Hammer tells the tale of Grigori Rasputin, a long haired, bearded, drunken, crazy Russian who claimed to have healing hands!
Fine performances from Sir Christopher Lee, Francis Matthews and the delightful Barbara Shelley with direction from Don Sharp bringing to life a script by Tony Hinds. The film contains an amusing scene of Lee dancing whilst drunk, rather like I will be later on tonight ahem...and although not entirely historically accurate, it's still a fine film for fans of the studio.
The Blu Ray from Studio Canal is under scrutiny at the minute from people complaining about the "thinness" of the audio, particularly during the opening theme music, as I posted in the official thread for this, the audio does seem to have no real low end, but a quick adjustment to my surround sound set up, literally taking seconds, meant it sounded fine to me. As for the PQ, I really can't say a bad word about it, it looks fantastic!
Special features include an informative making of, commentary track, a cool feature on Hammer book adaptions, a stills gallery and the ever present Oliver Reed narrated World of Hammer episode, this time a rather boring look at the few Pirate/Swashbuckling/Robin Hood pictures that Hammer produced (and that I wasn't aware of until half an hour ago), for me that is the only bad thing I can say about this set, highly recommended.
Rasputin the Mad Monk is one of the few Hammer films (along with Straight on 'Till Morning) that really disappointed me.
Old 27th October 2012, 05:22 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Unless there are comments the posts are pretty pointless.
So my recent post is pointless.

Like this? Share it using the links below!