Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179038Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th November 2012, 03:55 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
I watched Die Nibelungen last night. Finished my coursework early and found out I had been cursed with sleep block, so I spent the early hour's of the day watching this three hour masterpiece. Great stuff, and it's easy to see why it's so influencial. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm finaly feeling sleepy, so shal retire extra early today.
All Lang's Silents are fantastic, I'd highly recommend the Mabuse films...
Old 12th November 2012, 03:56 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
All Lang's Silents are fantastic, I'd highly recommend the Mabuse films...
I have been considering getting the trilogy on DVD from MoC, but when I found out one had already been released on BD, i'll wait and see if the other's are in the pipeline.
Old 12th November 2012, 04:00 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
I have been considering getting the trilogy on DVD from MoC, but when I found out one had already been released on BD, i'll wait and see if the other's are in the pipeline.
Sadly they're not dude, Testament was the only HD master MOC had access too, so the other films are not scheduled for BR - which is a shame...
Old 12th November 2012, 04:16 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post
I don't know, the ending for New York Ripper was pretty bloody sad, leaving a crippled dying daughter behind in the world without any relatives, crying for her father, and finish the movie there.
What about the ending of JAWS.
A terrible waste of shark meat.
Sorry i'm in one of them silly moods.
fuzzymctiger likes this.
Old 12th November 2012, 04:50 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Thaw (2009)

An Arctic research team discover the carcass of a woolly mammoth and unwittingly unleash a deadly parasite in the base camp.

Any film set at a snowy research station is going to draw comparison to The Thing and Thaw is no exception.Although its nearer to the classic X-Files episode Ice as it deals with parasites crawling their way under the flesh.

The film has some flesh tingling effects work, showcasing the parasites worming their way into wounds and eye sockets.

Val Kilmer although given top billing only appears at the beginning and end but the rest of the cast are fine and he's not really missed. The film features some nice location work at the Canadian Arctic Circle which benefits proceedings no end, giving the impression of having a large budget when i suspect it was made on a shoestring. The pace of Thaw never drops and we hurtle along into the story from the opening scenes, not really allowing the viewer time for contemplation and all in all creating a decent if not jaw dropping ninety minutes of gooey fun.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 51h7x-h3NxL._SL500_AA300_.jpg (23.0 KB, 4 views)
Old 12th November 2012, 07:15 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Yes, his bits in the "making of" were quite pofaced. When he mentioned Tarkovsky etc. Thought the DA was quite cute though
Watched it twice since. SOLD!! Plus I don't have enough Vs haha.

[B]The Red Queen Kills Seven Times[/B
Airplane!
Buio Omega
Bewitched

A couple of rewatches, RQK7T just about perfect really, easily a great entry into "giallo" as well...unless you watched the film that wis on BBC4 last nicht that is.......Airplane! surely the best spoof movie (unless you count Pearl Harbour...and don't call me shirley). true to my word, I callously cast aside VR to revisit Aristide's romantic classic.....ah, if only the Love Boat had been as exciting cough cough.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 12th November 2012, 11:04 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

No re-watch November continues...

Old 12th November 2012, 11:07 PM
Cult Addict

What's Alien Shock like, Bizzare?
Old 12th November 2012, 11:08 PM
Cult Master

images.jpg

Just finished watching this and i really enjoyed it. A great idea for a film and done really well. Some nice kills and nothing over done. A nice little car / bike chase but i loved the boat chase. Recommend this for anyone that has not seen it.
Old 12th November 2012, 11:15 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Primal (2010)

Six anthropology students travel into the Australian Bush to study a remote and ancient rock painting. Before long one of the group has gone for a swim and physically and mentally regresses into a primal creature as warned by said rock paintings.

An Australian horror claimimg to be from the teams behind Mad Max and Wolf Creek - whatever that means. Being Australian, the film has lovely cinematography as seems to be the par for horror from down under.

A reasonably well acted piece, after a slow but intriguing start the film soon turns into a man vs nature battle to the death. Its not a film that constantly throws blood at the camera but it has a couple of throat ripping shots that would make Lucio proud.

I'm a sucker for outdoors survival horror films so this movie always stood a decent chance with me, for everyone else it should prove a diverting hour and a half.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Primal(2010).jpg (39.9 KB, 2 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!