Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179612Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th December 2012, 12:05 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I wanted to see that twice at the cinema but, due to the new Twilight film, it disappeared before I got the chance to go for a second viewing. However, I'll definitely buy it when it's released on Blu-ray as, for me, it's the best film of 2012 and one which will survive multiple viewings.

Have you seen it projected digitally or in 35mm? I'd love to know what difference it makes, if any.
Ive seen 2 70mm films now, and they pretty much looks like 4K, maybe even better, but with little film imperfections like spots and "cigarette burns".

But The Master looked so amazing, I find it hard to believe a blu ray could ever replicate that perfect picture quality.

If you get the chance to see it in 70mm ever, it's a must see.

Also on a slightly related note, Samsara looks bloody amazing! Can't wait to see that later, but it's in 4K, unlike Baraka, which my theater has on every 3 months in 70mm

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 17th December 2012, 12:08 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyer6 View Post
Some rare stuff from around the world:1)Second Mabuse film by Fritz Lang,perfect in high definition,2)mystery-comedy film from 1934 written by Mario Soldati based on a comedy by Edgar Wallace! 3)Italian sci-fi comedy from the 60's about an alien who enters a factory worker's body in order to study Earth for an upcoming invasion,4)Checkpoint,a WWII movie about a Russian prisoner of war who helps the partisan guerrillas in their fight aginst the Nazi so to prove his loyalty,5)after the end of the world,the sole survivor tries to cope with loneliness,one of the most grim endings I've ever seen! 6)typical heist tv movie of the 70's and the only feature film of Freddie Prinze Sr,7)a tv movie with Alex Karras as a profesional wrestler with so meaning in life except his job until he finds the perfect woman his happiness is in danger when a stalker appears,8)a modern film noir by Claude Berri starring comedian Coluche in an award winning role,9)anime that combines live action (for the humans) and animation (for the cockroaches) about a society of cockroaches that live happilly in a bachelor's house until he meets a girlfriend and everything changes in a tragic way,10)sci-fi film starring Rainer Werner Fassbinder as a homicide detective who tries to catch a terrorist in an utopia,11)German horror comedy,a satire against racism,12)How The War Started On My Island, one of the first movies to take humoristic approach towards violent break-up of Yugoslavia,based on real events,13)14)15)16)Icelandic viking films know also as the Raven trilogy or the viking trilogy(Embla is the shorter,director's cut of the third film),this is the real thing,no cheesy stuff here,three of the most authentic viking films!
Several of those are on the list now. For my sins I've only watched Max Manus - Man Of War, a decent WWII thriller....tonight though I think I Stand Alone needs another airing......

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 17th December 2012, 12:10 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I haven't seen Samsara, but it's a film I really want to watch as Baraka, Chronos and Koyaanisqatsi are stunning.
fuzzymctiger likes this.
Old 17th December 2012, 12:21 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I haven't seen Samsara, but it's a film I really want to watch as Baraka, Chronos and Koyaanisqatsi are stunning.
Shamefully, I've only seen Koyaanisqatsi. But I was just watching some bits from Baraka, and the new double pack with Samsara has gone straight to the top of the to buy list!

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 17th December 2012, 12:34 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

What a memory. Also rewatched Phantom Of The Paradise, truly c a m p.
Frankie Teardrop likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 17th December 2012, 07:05 PM
Cult Acolyte

Super Happy The Mummy (1932 film)

The only film about a Mummy that actually looks like something you see in a museum,Stephen Sommers your an idiot.Boris Karloff you is da man.

Mummy-The.jpg
Old 17th December 2012, 07:07 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicDakin View Post
The only film about a Mummy that actually looks like something you see in a museum,Stephen Sommers your an idiot.Boris Karloff you is da man.

Attachment 94007
I thought Sommers first Mummy film was great fun, really entertaining. The second one much less so though. The third was ok.
Old 17th December 2012, 07:18 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicDakin View Post

Attachment 94007
Indeed, although I also think some of the Hammer mummy films have some nice 'museum quality' mummy effects in them
Old 17th December 2012, 07:21 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Indeed, although I also think some of the Hammer mummy films have some nice 'museum quality' mummy effects in them
What annoys me about the Universal film is they have the best mummy by a mile, but the creature is only in it for basically seconds at the start of the film. WTF's all that about?

Its not really annoying by the way. Its a great film.
VicDakin likes this.
Old 17th December 2012, 07:23 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
What annoys me about the Universal film is they have the best mummy by a mile, but the creature is only in it for basically seconds at the start of the film. WTF's all that about?

Its not really annoying by the way. Its a great film.
Probably the costume wasn't too practical
VicDakin likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!