All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179619Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd December 2012, 05:13 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojirosan View Post
The Sure Thing.

One of my "go to" films when I am down. The Sure Thing is glorious.
good pick, i'll go back and shunt out con air, not IDENTITY as it gets some bad press but is very underrated imo.
Old 23rd December 2012, 05:17 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I saw Pitch Perfect at the cinema this morning and it's great fun. Consistently amusing with some terrific one-liners, the musical numbers are beautifully choreographed and really well executed by the cast. It's a little like A Mighty Wind but with a cappella singing instead of folk music and without the usual Christopher Guest group of actors.

There is a commentary duo of Fred Willard and Elizabeth Banks who are both brilliant, especially the hilarious misogynist played by Willard: "Women are about as good as a cappella as they are at being doctors."

The trailer may make it look like a teen musical, but it is much better than I expected and well worth checking out.
I really want to see this as I suspect it'll be good. I'm hoping for a smart teen movie like Mean Girls or Easy A.
Old 23rd December 2012, 06:07 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
good pick, i'll go back and shunt out con air, not IDENTITY as it gets some bad press but is very underrated imo.
How dare you shunt out Con Air, its a terrific action film.

Identity is underrated for one reason - its absolute shite.
Old 23rd December 2012, 06:40 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default A Bay of Blood

Watched A Bay of Blood again,released by that company,you know whats a name? thingy? any how great film,but I've just realized what god awful depressing place the bay is that the films set in,know wonder the inhabitants were murdering each other,personally id of let the developers in and flatten the place and built a Tesco's Extra,much more aesthetically pleasing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BLOOD BATH AKA TWITCH OF THE DEATH NERVE.jpg (95.1 KB, 9 views)
Old 23rd December 2012, 06:41 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
How dare you shunt out Con Air, its a terrific action film.

Identity is underrated for one reason - its absolute shite.
its certainly better than con air though!
Old 23rd December 2012, 06:47 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
its certainly better than con air though!
You're nuts i tell ya', nuts!
Old 23rd December 2012, 08:34 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
I really want to see this as I suspect it'll be good. I'm hoping for a smart teen movie like Mean Girls or Easy A.
In its tone and overall cynicism, it's a little like Mean Girls but, as I said above, I was surprised by how funny it is, with me and others in the audience laughing consistently throughout.
Old 23rd December 2012, 09:10 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Avengers Assemble (2012) The movie that each of the others in the series has been building upto. Avengers Assemble sees Earth invaded by an alien race aided by Loki, with S.H.I.E.L.D and the superheros the only thing that stands in his way. Lots of action, lots of CGI, lots VFX and undoubtedly lot of money spent and a ton of money, ($200 Million), recieved within the first three days in the U.S. The pace is good but its seems to slow down about halfway through before Stark realises what Loki is upto and then it picks up for the final showdown. The first post credit scene allows us to see whose been pulling the strings and sets up the villian for the inevitable sequel. Out of the entire franchise thus far I'd have to say Iron Man and Thor are the best of the bunch with Iron Man 2 the worst.

Thus my big budget superhero itch has been suitably scratched!
Old 23rd December 2012, 09:31 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Got my lad little lad visiting for Christmas and so far we have taken in........

Slow first half of the film but once in the valley and Ray Harryhausen is let loose its fab!

It was never going to be like the original but I enjoy this, and my lad loves Snake Pliskin!

Fantastic escapism, what a guy, he has the woman, the money, the car and a gimp suit! what more could you want? we both enjoyed this caper.

Last edited by profondo rosso; 24th December 2012 at 07:25 AM.
Old 23rd December 2012, 10:19 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
You're nuts i tell ya', nuts!
Probably (at least people keep telling me) but heres why prefer IDENTITY. Basically while i like about 90% of con air theres stuff that bugs me. All the passengers/convicts are supposed to be major badasses but very few actually act like it, not enough to actually make me believe, rapists that dont rape, serial killers who dont kill and quite often with flimsy reasons as to why not. Why the hell would cyrus care if danny trejos serial rapist had his way with the guard. No other reason than they wanted to keep that R-rating.

IDENTITY is silly, but it really doesent care how outrageous it becomes, even with the twist 2/3rds way through, basically nothing threw me out the movies internal logic in the same way con air had the constant habit of doing.

It may be daft logic from me I suppose!

Like this? Share it using the links below!