Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

vincenzo 16th August 2009 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbv (Post 38306)
The burning great slasher with George from Seinfeld! horrible makeup on the killer, really creepy

A young Holly Hunter pops up in it too. :coolblue:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 16th August 2009 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitchslicer (Post 38290)
BE im so jealous where do you find the time to watch these films? i struggle finding the time watching 1 a night :pout:

:pound::pound::pound:

I just have a lot of free time on my hands mate! :p:laugh:

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 17th August 2009 09:55 AM

I watched Death Proof again last night and now have come to the conclusion that it's a boring crap film! There were a really few nice parts such as the second crash and the last 30 minutes or so, but the rest is just mind-numbing rubbish attempting to be more clever than it actually is! I like the idea of it (although having two completly unrelated stories seems a bit weak), but would've prefered maybe a full-blown 'carsploitation' film, maybe a feature length car chase, kinda like Vanishing Point (which they reference the hell out of!) or Death Race 2000, with some 'pit-stops' of dialouge etc. Definetly Taratino's worst film, although I've yet to see Inglorious Basterds which looks EXCELLENT! Oh, I watched the UK release, rather than the shortened one which was apart of Grindhouse. I give it a 3 out of 10.

Yep.

mbv 17th August 2009 12:49 PM

Spent the morning watching movies

This night I'll possess your corpse Second Coffin Joe movie...loved it but prefer the first one.

Killer Nun.. This was pure quality, sleazy but well shot and acted. Dissapointed there was no reversible cover though. :(

Fantacide...Outrageous gorefest, some horrible acting but who cares. Some very nasty scenes in there but for me this is a 10/10 movie. I'll watch this over and over and enjoy the FX

Kyle 17th August 2009 01:54 PM

i just watched

embodiment of evil 8/10
emanuelle in America 7/10

vincenzo 17th August 2009 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbv (Post 38342)
Killer Nun.. This was pure quality, sleazy but well shot and acted. Dissapointed there was no reversible cover though. :(

Hopefully this will be amended for the next release. :coolblue:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 17th August 2009 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds (Post 38330)
I watched Death Proof again last night and now have come to the conclusion that it's a boring crap film! There were a really few nice parts such as the second crash and the last 30 minutes or so, but the rest is just mind-numbing rubbish attempting to be more clever than it actually is! I like the idea of it (although having two completly unrelated stories seems a bit weak), but would've prefered maybe a full-blown 'carsploitation' film, maybe a feature length car chase, kinda like Vanishing Point (which they reference the hell out of!) or Death Race 2000, with some 'pit-stops' of dialouge etc. Definetly Taratino's worst film, although I've yet to see Inglorious Basterds which looks EXCELLENT! Oh, I watched the UK release, rather than the shortened one which was apart of Grindhouse. I give it a 3 out of 10.

Yep.

Totally agree ILUV.DEATH PROOF was :yawn::yawn::yawn:

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 17th August 2009 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 38355)
Totally agree ILUV.DEATH PROOF was :yawn::yawn::yawn:

Ah good - I'm glad to see I'm not the only one! :p Even Taratino can make a crap film.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 17th August 2009 05:04 PM

Recieved my NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD TEE Edition.This U.S disc comes with a NOTLD T shirt:coolblue:

Unfortunately it only comes in a size L.

I require a Mark F.:(

BioZombie 17th August 2009 10:16 PM

Just watched Meatball Machines great fun Japanese splatter film with some pretty decent alien effects. Its a pretty simple 'doomed lovers' type storyline but with a twist of the couple being taken over by alien paraites and forced to fight. Reccomended to all gore and japanese cinema fans.