Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree145583Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #19561  
Old 20th January 2013, 12:55 PM
trebor8273's Avatar
Cult Veteran
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: UK
Default

Think of watching the damned(Oliver reed 1961) witch was a impulse buy, has anyone seen it?
Reply With Quote
  #19562  
Old 20th January 2013, 01:01 PM
pedromonkey's Avatar
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The Capital Of Wales...
Blog Entries: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Think of watching the damned(Oliver reed 1961) witch was a impulse buy, has anyone seen it?
The Damned is a fantastic film. Definitely a good impulse buy.
Gojirosan and Dave Boy like this.
Reply With Quote
  #19563  
Old 20th January 2013, 01:07 PM
Rik's Avatar
Rik Rik is offline
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Halifax,UK
Default

Just finished watching the Amazing Spider-man for the first time since I took my son to watch it at the cinema. As much as I like the Sam Raimi films, this is better IMO and I'm looking forward to the sequel next year. I've always preferred Emma Stone to Kirsten Dull anyway, so that helps

Oh, the blu ray looks and sounds terrific, I even forgot that we'd seen it in 3D at the cinema
trebor8273 likes this.
__________________
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Reply With Quote
  #19564  
Old 20th January 2013, 01:09 PM
wongfeihung62's Avatar
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Basildon, Essex
Default

DREDD
GRABBERS
THE WARRIOR'S WAY
THE WATCH

I will be watching LAWLESS in a while.
__________________
"A good fight should be like a small play...but played seriously. When the opponent expands, l contract. When he contracts, l expand. And when there is an opportunity... l do not hit...it hits all by itself."
Reply With Quote
  #19565  
Old 20th January 2013, 02:53 PM
Susan Foreman's Avatar
Cult Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Basil Fawlty country: The English Riviera
Default

What have I seen recently?

From the sublime:

'The Devil's Backbone' - Guillermo's ghost story, set during the Spanish civil war

to the ridiculous:

'The Devil's Kiss' - Zombies, Satanic rituals, dwarfs, 1970's fashions!!!

Actually, both films were very entertaining, but one of them was entertaining for all the wrong reasons!
__________________
People try to put us down
Just because we get around

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Reply With Quote
  #19566  
Old 20th January 2013, 02:57 PM
nekromantik's Avatar
Cult Acolyte
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Worthing
Send a message via MSN to nekromantik
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Just finished watching the Amazing Spider-man for the first time since I took my son to watch it at the cinema. As much as I like the Sam Raimi films, this is better IMO and I'm looking forward to the sequel next year. I've always preferred Emma Stone to Kirsten Dull anyway, so that helps

Oh, the blu ray looks and sounds terrific, I even forgot that we'd seen it in 3D at the cinema
I love the movie but the blu in 3D is not good. It lacks 3D depth in most of the movie. Only the scenes where he is swinging from buildings do you see the 3D effect. In cinemas the was some pretty good effects but all lost on the blu.

I think the best 3D blu I have watched is Prometheus, Avatar, Final Destination 4-5 and Dredd
__________________


My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Reply With Quote
  #19567  
Old 20th January 2013, 03:04 PM
Justin101's Avatar
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Liverpool
Default



St. Elmo’s Fire ★★★

Pretty good but way too sentimental - to be honest I think it only got 3 stars because I got a buzz from seeing the cast all looking really young.

I might watch the Schumacher filmography actually, he gets slagged off for his 2 Batman films but he does have some pretty good films under his belt, this however is not one of them although being his first feature I feel inclined to cut him some slack.
__________________


You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N.

Reply With Quote
  #19568  
Old 20th January 2013, 03:06 PM
pedromonkey's Avatar
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The Capital Of Wales...
Blog Entries: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post


St. Elmo’s Fire ★★★

Pretty good but way too sentimental - to be honest I think it only got 3 stars because I got a buzz from seeing the cast all looking really young.

I might watch the Schumacher filmography actually, he gets slagged off for his 2 Batman films but he does have some pretty good films under his belt, this however is not one of them although being his first feature I feel inclined to cut him some slack.
Falling Down is easily my favorite film of his...
Reply With Quote
  #19569  
Old 20th January 2013, 03:13 PM
Rik's Avatar
Rik Rik is offline
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Halifax,UK
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
I love the movie but the blu in 3D is not good. It lacks 3D depth in most of the movie. Only the scenes where he is swinging from buildings do you see the 3D effect. In cinemas the was some pretty good effects but all lost on the blu.

I think the best 3D blu I have watched is Prometheus, Avatar, Final Destination 4-5 and Dredd
Glad I watched it in 2D then, I don't have the capabilities for 3D
__________________
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Reply With Quote
  #19570  
Old 20th January 2013, 03:28 PM
Handyman Joe's Avatar
Active Cultist
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Default

I watched Moonrise Kingdom last night and really enjoyed it. Rushmore was so brilliant, so perfect for me that everything Wes Anderson has done since has felt like an anti climax, but at last he's nearly matched it. Its no coincidence that, like Rushmore it features a depiction of awkward adolescence. When he's got adults front and centre, Anderson's films feel too wacky and forced but with da kids - his style is perfect.
Gojirosan likes this.
Reply With Quote
Reply  

Like this? Share it using the links below!

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



Our goal is to keep Cult Labs friendly. If you feel discouraged from posting by certain members' behaviour then you can e-mail us in complete confidence.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
All forum posts are contributed by members of the site; Cult Labs cannot take responsibility for all content posted on the site. If you have an issue with content posted on the site please click the 'report post' button.
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.