Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179038Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th January 2013, 01:55 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Think of watching the damned(Oliver reed 1961) witch was a impulse buy, has anyone seen it?
Old 20th January 2013, 02:01 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Think of watching the damned(Oliver reed 1961) witch was a impulse buy, has anyone seen it?
The Damned is a fantastic film. Definitely a good impulse buy.
Gojirosan and Dave Boy like this.
Old 20th January 2013, 02:07 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Just finished watching the Amazing Spider-man for the first time since I took my son to watch it at the cinema. As much as I like the Sam Raimi films, this is better IMO and I'm looking forward to the sequel next year. I've always preferred Emma Stone to Kirsten Dull anyway, so that helps

Oh, the blu ray looks and sounds terrific, I even forgot that we'd seen it in 3D at the cinema
trebor8273 likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 20th January 2013, 02:09 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

DREDD
GRABBERS
THE WARRIOR'S WAY
THE WATCH

I will be watching LAWLESS in a while.
"A good fight should be like a small play...but played seriously. When the opponent expands, l contract. When he contracts, l expand. And when there is an opportunity... l do not hit...it hits all by itself."
Old 20th January 2013, 03:53 PM
Cult Master

What have I seen recently?

From the sublime:

'The Devil's Backbone' - Guillermo's ghost story, set during the Spanish civil war

to the ridiculous:

'The Devil's Kiss' - Zombies, Satanic rituals, dwarfs, 1970's fashions!!!

Actually, both films were very entertaining, but one of them was entertaining for all the wrong reasons!

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 20th January 2013, 03:57 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Just finished watching the Amazing Spider-man for the first time since I took my son to watch it at the cinema. As much as I like the Sam Raimi films, this is better IMO and I'm looking forward to the sequel next year. I've always preferred Emma Stone to Kirsten Dull anyway, so that helps

Oh, the blu ray looks and sounds terrific, I even forgot that we'd seen it in 3D at the cinema
I love the movie but the blu in 3D is not good. It lacks 3D depth in most of the movie. Only the scenes where he is swinging from buildings do you see the 3D effect. In cinemas the was some pretty good effects but all lost on the blu.

I think the best 3D blu I have watched is Prometheus, Avatar, Final Destination 4-5 and Dredd

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 20th January 2013, 04:04 PM
Cult Veteran

St. Elmo’s Fire ★★★

Pretty good but way too sentimental - to be honest I think it only got 3 stars because I got a buzz from seeing the cast all looking really young.

I might watch the Schumacher filmography actually, he gets slagged off for his 2 Batman films but he does have some pretty good films under his belt, this however is not one of them although being his first feature I feel inclined to cut him some slack.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 20th January 2013, 04:06 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post

St. Elmo’s Fire ★★★

Pretty good but way too sentimental - to be honest I think it only got 3 stars because I got a buzz from seeing the cast all looking really young.

I might watch the Schumacher filmography actually, he gets slagged off for his 2 Batman films but he does have some pretty good films under his belt, this however is not one of them although being his first feature I feel inclined to cut him some slack.
Falling Down is easily my favorite film of his...
Old 20th January 2013, 04:13 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
I love the movie but the blu in 3D is not good. It lacks 3D depth in most of the movie. Only the scenes where he is swinging from buildings do you see the 3D effect. In cinemas the was some pretty good effects but all lost on the blu.

I think the best 3D blu I have watched is Prometheus, Avatar, Final Destination 4-5 and Dredd
Glad I watched it in 2D then, I don't have the capabilities for 3D
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 20th January 2013, 04:28 PM
Active Cultist

I watched Moonrise Kingdom last night and really enjoyed it. Rushmore was so brilliant, so perfect for me that everything Wes Anderson has done since has felt like an anti climax, but at last he's nearly matched it. Its no coincidence that, like Rushmore it features a depiction of awkward adolescence. When he's got adults front and centre, Anderson's films feel too wacky and forced but with da kids - his style is perfect.
Gojirosan likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!