Terror Train (1980)
Homicidal (1961)
The Tingler (1959)
Old 20th January 2013, 04:59 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invid Ninja View Post

Beasts Of The Southern Wild - While occasionally displaying brief moments of interesting direction and charm, I personally found this to be an often irritating 'manufactured' and intentionally quirky movie with the sole purpose of making people go 'awwww' come Oscar time. Easily the most egregiously overrated film of the past few years for me. Avoid.
Where did you pick this up from? I'm interested to see it myself as the review/opinion has been pretty evenly split.
Old 20th January 2013, 05:03 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handyman Joe View Post
I watched Moonrise Kingdom last night and really enjoyed it. Rushmore was so brilliant, so perfect for me that everything Wes Anderson has done since has felt like an anti climax, but at last he's nearly matched it. Its no coincidence that, like Rushmore it features a depiction of awkward adolescence. When he's got adults front and centre, Anderson's films feel too wacky and forced but with da kids - his style is perfect.
Moonrise Kingdom is Anderson's best for me. Blew me away.
Slippery Jack likes this.
Old 20th January 2013, 05:37 PM
Active Cultist

Send a message via Skype™ to Invid Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by SShaw View Post
Where did you pick this up from? I'm interested to see it myself as the review/opinion has been pretty evenly split.
Someone sent me a DVD screener copy file from the internet, it did not play anywhere near me in cinemas and the U.S. by the time I got it had the film already on disc. So I was being a pirate yo ho.

Cold Iron (R.O.T.O.R, 1987)
Old 20th January 2013, 06:50 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

A Christmas Carol (1910)
Frankenstein (1910)
The Wonderful Wizard of Oz (1910)

http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/memb...tml#post314272
sawyer6, Hawkmonger and Dave Boy like this.
Old 20th January 2013, 07:01 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Death Rides a Horse....not the greatest western but enjoyable and held my attention throughout.
Se7en....Not bad but I found myself knowing what was going to happen before it did and it kind of ruined it for me
Old 20th January 2013, 07:03 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Todays films were:

Age of heroes a film inspired by the real life exploits of 30 Commando during the second world war. This stars Sean Bean, doing his best to sound posh as the major commanding an operation to assault a Nazi radar station in snowy Norway and Danny Dyer (giving one of his usual performances) as a misfit infantry corporal released from military prison to take part in the raid. Its relatively low budget, but this doesn't hamper things too much and the film is a slightly above average effort and well worth the €5 I paid for the bluray.

and The Incident (German Bluray) a group of friends play together in a rock band at night and work together in the kitchen of an asylum for the criminally insane. A power cut during an electrical storm frees the asylums and the friends must battle to survive. I missed this on the festival circuit last year, and to be honest picked it up accidentally when I mistook it for another film.But I am glad I did because it is above average and deserves a rental at the very least.

Back to the Roger Moore Bond films tomorrow.
Old 20th January 2013, 07:54 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Todays films were:

Age of heroes a film inspired by the real life exploits of 30 Commando during the second world war. This stars Sean Bean, doing his best to sound posh as the major commanding an operation to assault a Nazi radar station in snowy Norway and Danny Dyer (giving one of his usual performances) as a misfit infantry corporal released from military prison to take part in the raid. Its relatively low budget, but this doesn't hamper things too much and the film is a slightly above average effort and well worth the €5 I paid for the bluray.
What happened to Sean Bean?

He just disappears.
Old 20th January 2013, 09:03 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
What happened to Sean Bean?

He just disappears.
Yeah Perhaps he falls through a crack in the space-time continuum and finds himself in Napoleonic Europe.

I missed something (some text or something similar) at the end to explain what happened to him and the sergeant. I guess this is why it is inspired and not based on true events. I need to have a look through the deleted scenes to see if they shed any light on what happened. I did see on the making of doc that they had setbacks during the filming when the entire cast and crew were struck down by a virus. Perhaps they ran out of ti,e to shoot some key scenes?
Old 20th January 2013, 09:06 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Yeah Perhaps he falls through a crack in the space-time continuum and finds himself in Napoleonic Europe.

I missed something (some text or something similar) at the end to explain what happened to him and the sergeant. I guess this is why it is inspired and not based on true events. I need to have a look through the deleted scenes to see if they shed any light on what happened. I did see on the making of doc that they had setbacks during the filming when the entire cast and crew were struck down by a virus. Perhaps they ran out of ti,e to shoot some key scenes?
It only needed a brief voice over saying "Sean Bean escaped into the woods and met up with a band of Hobbits" or something.

Like this? Share it using the links below!