Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

sawyer6 31st January 2013 03:21 PM

Recent viewings
1)2)3)Three films by Wim Wenders,Alice in the cities is his first Road Movie starring a journalist and an abandoned girl in search of the girl's Grandmother,next is about a film crew who halt filming ,until the mysterious producers return with the money,based on the director's personal experience and finally one of my all-time favorite movies with Bruno Ganz as an angel who tries to heal a depressed Berlin,4)great prison drama with two very good performances by Steve McQueen(probably his best) and Dustin Hoffman,5)Nightmare,a rare Greek horror movie from the 60's with a few Psycho elements,6)7)two famous Peter Weir films,8)Hungarian animated spoof of Snow White,which I found very funny,9)a Pedro Costa films about the slums of Portugal,not for everyone,I wasn't ready too! 10)Stephen Frears' Neo-noir,11) Vincent Gallo's personal film is an indie film about a sad man who tries to find love after his girlfriend's departure,the movie is vastly known for the real fellatio scene,12)they should have left the series,dead and buried!very inferior than the rest,the characters were laughable,the twist at the end was good but the climax scene was hilarious,13)the ten year hunt of Usama Bin Laden after 9\11 that caused a lot of controversy regarding torture,but I believe that it doesn't support torture as a mean of interrogation,not completely accurate but overall very good,the final scene is well orchestrated,14)I loved it, not as good as Inglourious Basterds,people find it long but I wanted it more! excellent performances especially Samuel L. jackson,15)A dramedy about mental disorder which I enjoyed a lot,16) I won't say the obvious about Daniel Day-Lewis' performance,overall I liked it but I must inform that politics is the main theme ,If you're bored with that don't watch it!

http://i50.tinypic.com/96lt85.jpg

trebor8273 31st January 2013 06:58 PM

Just finished phantom of death, might watch videodrome which have been keep putting of watching for a while

Hawkmonger 31st January 2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 318011)
Just finished phantom of death, might watch videodrome which have been keep putting of watching for a while

Long...live...the new...flesh...'BDAM!'

It's one of my favourate movie of all time, so I hope you enjoy it.:nod:

SShaw 31st January 2013 09:01 PM

A Force of One arrived this evening and with nothing else to occupy myself on this cold, wet and windy night I decided to watch it. With the exception of the Missing In Action franchise Chuck Norris films completely passed me by in the 80's - to be honest I was not a big fan of karate films as a kid. So this was the first time I had watched it. I was pleasantly surprised, its clearly a film of its time but its a quite competent "thriller"/karate film. Norris is a little wooden, but I guess he wasn't selected for his acting talents. I was also surprised by how sparingly the fight scenes were presented - I had expected long, elaborate sequences, but instead this aspect is presented in a more realistic manner with relatively short, but explosive fights. Well worth watching.

JoshuaKaitlyn 31st January 2013 10:48 PM

Feline Follies (1919)
The Cabinet of Doctor Caligari (1919)
Broken Blossoms (1919)

http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/memb...tml#post318082

ThePopeofCOSDS 1st February 2013 03:18 AM

Django Unchained - What a piece of garbage. Church Review

sawyer6 1st February 2013 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePopeofCOSDS (Post 318094)

Ok.. Since you have a problem with the director,stealing ideas etc why did you watch it in the first place ?And what was that about reverse racism,most of white men were stupid at the time,they used black people as slaves!So you're angy with the depiction of white men but not with the mistreatment and torture of black people?
P.S. I don't want to start a debate

Hawkmonger 1st February 2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePopeofCOSDS (Post 318094)

Sure. What ever you like to think man. :loco:

keirarts 1st February 2013 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sawyer6 (Post 318110)
Ok..

Each to their own. I enjoyed Django but the jonah hill bit felt out of place. Tarantino is a very self indulgent director so he's not everyones cup of tea.
I find myself wincing when people slate him for plagerism though. He references pop culture more in the style of andy warhol imo cutting and pasting bits of exisiting iconography and mixing it with his own material to create something new, if he was a musician he'd be the equivalent of a DJ with a mixing deck. Also its funny how Martin scorsese never got the same flack for lifting stuff from films he loved. He borrowed from bava for films like cape fear and last temptation of christ just as one example.

Dave Boy 1st February 2013 10:20 AM

The Omen (1976)
Damien Omen II (1978)
Omen III The Final conflict (1981)