Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Hawkmonger 1st February 2013 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Boy (Post 318123)
The Omen (1976)
Damien Omen II (1978)
Omen III The Final conflict (1981)

The Omen is a classic for sure, I think Damien desserves better recognition, and...well...I at least enjoyed The Final Conflict.:loco:

fuzzymctiger 1st February 2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 318139)
The Omen is a classic for sure, I think Damien desserves better recognition, and...well...I at least enjoyed The Final Conflict.:loco:

Damien is my almost my favourite, and Final Conflict was terrible in my opinion.

But I actually didnt mind the 4th one :fear:

PaulD 1st February 2013 01:24 PM

Damien always felt like a poor retread of the original whereas The Final Conflict had something new to offer. Love the third one. The fourth one is really silly.

Baseball Fury 1st February 2013 01:55 PM

I shall review my recent watches with only five words.

Django Unchained - Pretty great. But the regulators?

The Last Stand - Good. Less Corvette, more Knoxville.

Rock of Ages - No Kiss or Crue? Average.

50/50 - Shaves head. Talks a bit.

One Night in Turin - Great drama with naff reconstructions.

Susan Foreman 1st February 2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sawyer6 (Post 318110)
most of white men were stupid and the time,they used black people as slaves! So you're angy with the depiction of white men but not with the mistreatment and torture of black people?

Isn't that the concept behind the television show 'Love Thy Neighbour'?

The 'honky', who thought he was supreme, was actually the joke foil for the 'nig-nog', who ended up on top of the situation in all the shows!

White man = stupid, black man = superior!

Justin101 1st February 2013 02:37 PM

I watched Looper last night, it was disappointingly average - i'm glad I never forked out the extra cash for the steelbook. I don't understand how people are saying it's the greatest thing to happen in movies for ages...

I watched Michael Cera in Youth In Revolt the evening before and found it to be a much more entertaining way to spend 2hrs :lol:

Invid Ninja 1st February 2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 318173)
I watched Looper last night, it was disappointingly average - i'm glad I never forked out the extra cash for the steelbook. I don't understand how people are saying it's the greatest thing to happen in movies for ages...

I watched Michael Cera in Youth In Revolt the evening before and found it to be a much more entertaining way to spend 2hrs :lol:

Will definetly agree with you in part on Looper, I thought it was an entertaining enough sci-fi thriller but I'm always confused over people saying it's 'game changing'. Clearly these people have forgotten The Terminator, Logan's Run and Akira still very much exist. :crazy: I thought it was solid fare, but nowhere near groundbreaking or my favourite of last year.

Dave Boy 1st February 2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 318139)

With the first two films, there was a real sense of dread. People who knew or had suspicions about Damien being the Anti Christ were terrified. That seemed to be missing from The Final Conflict. It all starts off well enough, with the death of the Ambassador but then it just can't keep up the uneasiness that the previous films had. The monks that were sent to kill Damien, knowing full well just who and what they were dealing with, decide then to confront him on a one to one basis ! Damien is killed with just one dagger.It was explained in the first film that it needed to be the full set, in the shape of a cross to kill him.
A disappointing end to the films, but it does have it's moments, and Jerry Goldsmith's score is once again a joy to listen to.

Demdike@Cult Labs 1st February 2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 318173)

Don't dislike Cera. Probably my favourite of the comedy stars to break out in recent years.

Invid Ninja 1st February 2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 318201)
Don't dislike Cera. Probably my favourite of the comedy stars to break out in recent years.

I know it's unpopular to say now speaking of Cera, but I enjoyed Scott Pilgrim Vs The World. :fear: