Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

gag 3rd February 2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 318665)
Lets be honest the world is full of idiots loonies and weirdo"s and have been long before the birth of horror and gore, the world has always been full of dictatorships and people who have commited horrendous crime or tried to take over the world like Hitler, And how many films are based on true stories ed gein for eg, You had jack the rippper, so whats their exscuse do people have one for these you cant exactly blame their crimes on films and video games, This type of thing has been happening long before films video games etc ever exsisted always have and always will its just all to easy now to make a exscuse and blame someones crimes on games and films than the actualy cause of the real problem to why they did what they did..

Just one more point to my statement. People are commited to making crimes due to too much violence in films and video games that is what lead to believe which we know is a load of tosh, But in retrospect isnt it the other way round we see a lot of violence etc in films because the director writer etc have got their idea based of something (or someone) that actual happend in real life that they saw on the news or read in the paper or has happend in the past somehwere along the line in history..Hence why there is so many films based on real life murderers killer rapist etc,

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 3rd February 2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 318646)
It is, we missed out on seeing it during it's original run so I was chuffed when I saw it as this weekends Kids AM film, also said on the website that it was the last chance to see it on the big screen too (probably due to the fact it came out on home video last week).
The Kids AM deal is great as it only costs £1.75 per ticket (£3 if it's in 3D) and with the showings being at around 10am, the place isn't full of loud teenagers or noisy kids, most parents are hungover and can't be arsed to take their kids to the cinema at that time.

I'm glad you enjoyed the film – I thought you would – and your sons also had a great time. The pricing for those weekend showings is really good and it's always better to see a film on the big screen than at home.

nekromantik 3rd February 2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 318666)

Livid is great as is Them!
I still need to get me a blu of Livid. Will wait until its £8ish.

Nordicdusk 3rd February 2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 318694)
Livid is great as is Them!
I still need to get me a blu of Livid. Will wait until its £8ish.

Both great films i only paid €1.50 for Them so a great bargain for a great film.

Slippery Jack 3rd February 2013 03:37 PM

I found Livid dull as hell after an intriguing set up, quickly turned into a plodding episode of Scooby Doo . . .

gag 3rd February 2013 04:34 PM

Just finished watching blades of blood what a absolutly stunning film.

trebor8273 3rd February 2013 04:42 PM

Just finished fistful of dollars, forgotten what a amazing film it is.

Rik 3rd February 2013 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 318727)
Just finished fistful of dollars, forgotten what a amazing film it is.

The dollars trilogy are damn near perfect in my eyes, I just love the ending to The Good, The Bad...., so much so that I'm trying to convince my bandmates to do a rocked up version of the Ecstasy of Gold theme played over it

sawyer6 3rd February 2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 318731)
The dollars trilogy are damn near perfect in my eyes, I just love the ending to The Good, The Bad...., so much so that I'm trying to convince my bandmates to do a rocked up version of the Ecstasy of Gold theme played over it

My favorite tune and scene from the film and :nod:

Rik 3rd February 2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sawyer6 (Post 318732)
My favorite tune and scene from the film and :nod:

It's been my phone's ringtone for the last 18 months or so