Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

vincenzo 17th July 2008 04:32 PM

I just couldn't get on with 3. I liked 2 very much up until the actual ending. I felt it ruined the credibility quite a bit.

Did you ever see the 4th one (aka The Beginning) which was a made for TV prequel? Henry Thomas played young Norman and Olivia Hussey was his mom. Surprisingly enjoyable in parts and the performances were pretty good. Even John Landis turned up as the radio station owner.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 17th July 2008 05:30 PM

My BLOODBATH AT THE HOUSE OF DEATH arrived today....IIIIIIITTTTTTSSSSS CCCCHHHHRRRRIIISSSTTTTMMMAAASSSSS :woot::woot::woot::popcorn:

Angel 17th July 2008 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincenzo (Post 10100)
I just couldn't get on with 3. I liked 2 very much up until the actual ending. I felt it ruined the credibility quite a bit.

Did you ever see the 4th one (aka The Beginning) which was a made for TV prequel? Henry Thomas played young Norman and Olivia Hussey was his mom. Surprisingly enjoyable in parts and the performances were pretty good. Even John Landis turned up as the radio station owner.

Like Omen 4 I can't say I thought much of the 4th Psycho film. There was also Bates Motel but I can't remember it very well, but it was on TV once some years ago.

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 18th July 2008 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 10108)
My BLOODBATH AT THE HOUSE OF DEATH arrived today....IIIIIIITTTTTTSSSSS CCCCHHHHRRRRIIISSSTTTTMMMAAASSSSS :woot::woot::woot::popcorn:

YIPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!


I watched "Zombi Holocaust" last night. Very bloody and gory cannibal/zombie film. I think it may be gorier than Fulci's ZFE. And everyone loves gore!!

Philleh 18th July 2008 10:17 AM

Plus it mixes genre's by having Cannibals AND Zombies! Hurrah! :)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 18th July 2008 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philleh (Post 10159)
Plus it mixes genre's by having Cannibals AND Zombies! Hurrah! :)

What more could you ask for? ;)

Mojo 18th July 2008 11:15 AM

Watched a Dutch import of Hammer's The Reptile.

I haven't seen the ABUS release, but this wipes the floor with the recent UK disc. Pq is excellent.

Great film too, as it happens :)

mark meakin 18th July 2008 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincenzo (Post 10087)
I have an ITC video of Strange Report somewhere. Awesome Roger Webb theme tune (as usual) and fine performance by Anthony Quayle. The lovely former Dr Who girl (and one time Mrs Michael Gough) Anneke Wills is one of Quayle's assistants.

Other than the John Barry theme The Adventurer didn't do much for me. I preferred The Baron.

Both the Strange Report & The Baron are out here on dvd.I'll get these & Man In A Suitcase eventually.

mark meakin 18th July 2008 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo (Post 10168)
Watched a Dutch import of Hammer's The Reptile.

I haven't seen the ABUS release, but this wipes the floor with the recent UK disc. Pq is excellent.

Great film too, as it happens :)

I have the dutch release which also has some decent extras (the UK one is a vanilla release)

vincenzo 18th July 2008 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark meakin (Post 10173)
Both the Strange Report & The Baron are out here on dvd.I'll get these & Man In A Suitcase eventually.

Man In A Suitcase is the best of the 3 by far. Equally essential is Department S which I found far superior to Wyngarde's Jason King spin off.


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.