Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Help

Going to watch one of these Steven king mini series tonight but can't decide

The stand
The shining
Salems lot (new)
Tommy knockers
The stand good cast from Gary Sinise (CSI NY), Shawnee Smith (Saw), Stephen King, Tom Holland Molly Ringwald
Miguel Ferrer Sam Anderson, Rob Lowe' Matt Frewer And Jamey Sheridan (Law And Order CI)
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 12th March 2013, 06:20 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallicbomb View Post
The stand
That what I was thinking as it farther back in my back log than the others, mind my back log seems to be getting bigger not smaller!

What are the new Salems lot and shining like, not seen them before and heard very mixed things.
Old 12th March 2013, 06:33 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
That what I was thinking as it farther back in my back log than the others, mind my back log seems to be getting bigger not smaller!

What are the new Salems lot and shining like, not seen them before and heard very mixed things.
Haven't seen the New Salem's Lot but The Shining series is good it was made off of Stephen King's Teleplay and directed by Mick Garris who directed (The Stand, Sleepwalkers, Critters 2 Psycho IV as well as creating Masters Of Horror).
It is Stephen Kings Preferred version and the whole idea came about because of his Dissatisfaction with Kubrick's Version And Nicholson as the choice of Jack.
Old 12th March 2013, 06:40 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallicbomb View Post
Haven't seen the New Salem's Lot but The Shining series is good it was made off of Stephen King's Teleplay and directed by Mick Garris who directed (The Stand, Sleepwalkers, Critters 2 Psycho IV as well as creating Masters Of Horror).
It is Stephen Kings Preferred version and the whole idea came about because of his Dissatisfaction with Kubrick's Version And Nicholson as the choice of Jack.
Well think I shall watch shining after the stand sounds a lot closer to the book than the movie was- dont get me wrong I love the film, but apart from characters and the hotel it has very different than the book was
Old 12th March 2013, 06:45 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Well think I shall watch shining after the stand sounds a lot closer to the book than the movie was- dont get me wrong I love the film, but apart from characters and the hotel it has very different than the book was
Yes your spot on it is a lot more like the book than the film (the film is very good but it isn't what king had in mind).
Old 12th March 2013, 06:47 PM
Ex-member

Today I watched
Pieces
Slaughter High
It made me smile that in an office near the Beginning of Slaughter High there is a
Pieces poster on the wall.
Old 12th March 2013, 07:09 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I thought it was really good when I saw it at the cinema and it seemed even better on second viewing as the use of the 2008 presidential election as a background to the action made even more sense.

I watched it with my brother who said the film was 'pointless' and really didn't like it so it might be a Marmite movie.
I would say its a marmite movie, as I quite liked it, but felt that it had been advertised falsely like an action movie, where as my brother flat out hated it

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 12th March 2013, 07:49 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Argo. Thought there was going to be lots of action in this film. Sadly disappointed, but the film is good and does get intense at times. Wouldn't have nominated it for an oscar though
Old 12th March 2013, 08:27 PM
Cult Acolyte

Street Trash

Love it to bits, faults n' all. Gonna have to do a poster for it at some point. Hope Roy Frumkes is holding back on the 40-odd minutes of deleted scenes for a future BD release It's all that's missing from the superb Synapse Meltdown Edition . . .
Old 12th March 2013, 08:30 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
Watched the Gareth Edwards film 'Monsters' this morning

20 minutes into it, I was desperately looking around the room for things to tidy, or hoovering that needed to be done, or checking how much washing needed to be put into the machine!

I mean...it's a bit tedious!
I knew it wasn't a 'monster movie' and was expecting it to be 'thinky' but I was still very bored by it - it's the epitome of an over-rated film, in my opinion.
Invid Ninja and fuzzymctiger like this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Like this? Share it using the links below!