Old 28th March 2013, 12:00 AM
Ex-member

Just 2 tonight
Final Destination
Final Destination 2
Old 28th March 2013, 10:54 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

I was a bit busy with my city's documentary festival so these are the films I watched before the festival :

1)Drama with an oversized teenage mum trying to survive in harlem during the 80's,2)very dark Danish comedy about a neo-nazi who starts to doubt himself when is required to spend several months in a small religious community,3)very low-budget post-apocalyptic film,4)Charlie's Son,Greek z-movie inspired by gangster films,5)6)7)8)it was action time ! 9)documentary from the late 70's about off-road racing,10)11)12)Chuck Norris' first hit ''trilogy'' ,13)action comedy starring Jean-Pierre Marielle,14)15)16) a friend of mine needed an introduction...

..and these the films I watched during:
Documentaries about
1)the hippies of Matala 2)life of very poor people in Spain,3)the struggle of farmers in France,4)the history of clowns,5)Gurkhas,a military unit in the British that enlists young people from Nepal,6)the history of a bulding,from a football club to a whorehouse to a church,7)the making of the impressive documentary, ¡Vivan las Antipodas! 8)the incredible story of a young man who convinced everyone that he was a missing boy ,9)the chronicles of a girl that suffered from leukemia,10)the ''adventures'' of one of the thirteen! ambulances of Sofia,11)a couple of nomad shepherds during a harsh winter,12)a woman ,Susan, who adopted eleven children, most of whom had serious disabilities or diseases,13)an expedition to Greenland of two teams,the artists and the scientists,14)Arnel Pineda,a struggling singer ,living in Manila who was picked as the lead singer of the band Journey! 15)mothers who cook food for their kids who study away from home,16)the origin of a ravioli can ! 17)Ikaria,a Greek island with high life span,18)mobile libraries around the world,19) the art of finger lace in Crete

Old 28th March 2013, 11:38 AM
Cultist

Lisa And The Devil - just getting round to seeing more Bava stuff, this took me two sessions to finish, has several great stretches but is a little flat and dull. Arrow's Blu looks great, will check out House Of Exorcism too for a laugh at some point.

Territories - saw this at Frightfest a coupla years ago, not as intense on DVD as it was in the cinema but still pretty gruelling, more of a mess and sillier than I remembered but still a really unusual and intriguing watch. Some great acting.
Hawkmonger likes this.
Old 28th March 2013, 02:27 PM
Cult Acolyte

Antropophagus (1980)

The Arena (1974)
Old 28th March 2013, 04:51 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Jailhouse Wardress. (1986)

The Nazi Cult Collection is a fine boxset of Nazisploitation films from French / Spanish company Eurocine. With one duffer among the six films on offer. From the first time i watched the set i remebered one of the fims was an incoherant, unwatchable mess, but without research i couldn't recall which one it was. Last night it became apparent from the first minute that Jailhouse Wardress was the one.

Everyone likes bad films, even bad films in most cases have some sort of merits, be it technical. acting or directorial achievements. Jailhouse Wardress doesn't. Its safe to asume it doesn't even have a director, just an editor, a blind editor at that.

We all know Eurocine take liberties with the footage they film and often use scenes in different films, or the same scene from differing perspectives. However in the case of Jailhouse Wardress there isn't a film there in the first place for the odd scene to be mixed and matched from other titles. The entire film is just scenes ripped from their other jail / Nazi titles. The film has no storyline and characters come and go every so often. Hell even Jess Franco himself has a love scene in it for no apparent reason other than his missus is dreaming about it from her cell.

The worst thing about the film as well as its total lack of coherancy is how the scenes are edited together. Its not just scenes which don't follow on from one another, no, in the case of Jailhouse Wardress conversations between characters are from differing films, you can spot this a mile away due to the different film stocks and even more obviously as characters are in different rooms from one another - you can blatantly spot walls being different colours etc. The film has numerous scenes taken from Elsa Fraulein SS, Helga She Wolf of Stilberg and Special Train for Hitler. The bulk of the film itself i think is from Franco's Barb Wire Dolls.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg poster.jpg (87.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg nazicultcollection.jpg (71.9 KB, 4 views)
Old 28th March 2013, 05:02 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Jailhouse Wardress. (1986)

The Nazi Cult Collection is a fine boxset of Nazisploitation films from French / Spanish company Eurocine. With one duffer among the six films on offer. From the first time i watched the set i remebered one of the fims was an incoherant, unwatchable mess, but without research i couldn't recall which one it was. Last night it became apparent from the first minute that Jailhouse Wardress was the one.

Everyone likes bad films, even bad films in most cases have some sort of merits, be it technical. acting or directorial achievements. Jailhouse Wardress doesn't. Its safe to asume it doesn't even have a director, just an editor, a blind editor at that.

We all know Eurocine take liberties with the footage they film and often use scenes in different films, or the same scene from differing perspectives. However in the case of Jailhouse Wardress there isn't a film there in the first place for the odd scene to be mixed and matched from other titles. The entire film is just scenes ripped from their other jail / Nazi titles. The film has no storyline and characters come and go every so often. Hell even Jess Franco himself has a love scene in it for no apparent reason other than his missus is dreaming about it from her cell.

The worst thing about the film as well as its total lack of coherancy is how the scenes are edited together. Its not just scenes which don't follow on from one another, no, in the case of Jailhouse Wardress conversations between characters are from differing films, you can spot this a mile away due to the different film stocks and even more obviously as characters are in different rooms from one another - you can blatantly spot walls being different colours etc. The film has numerous scenes taken from Elsa Fraulein SS, Helga She Wolf of Stilberg and Special Train for Hitler. The bulk of the film itself i think is from Franco's Barb Wire Dolls.
Might order this! Sounds like oscar winning material!
Old 28th March 2013, 06:02 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaKaitlyn View Post
Might order this! Sounds like oscar winning material!
On the whole i really like the set, its only Jailhouse Wardress thats terrible.

The prints are in the main very good, mostly crystal clear.
JoshuaKaitlyn likes this.
Old 28th March 2013, 07:20 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Thinking of giving Guillermo Del Torro's Cronos a whirl tonight, anyone seen it?
Rik and Hawkmonger like this.
Old 28th March 2013, 07:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by tele1962 View Post
Thinking of giving Guillermo Del Torro's Cronos a whirl tonight, anyone seen it?
It's a great film, well worth a couple of hours of your time
Hawkmonger and tele1962 like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!

Like this? Share it using the links below!