Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179480Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st April 2013, 12:56 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SShaw View Post
What did you do to deserve such punishment?
I must be one of the few that enjoys all 4 so if that's punishment bring on more.
troggi likes this.
Old 1st April 2013, 03:30 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The One. (2002) Yes, I am still watching anything with Statham in it. Funny to see him with hair hahaha. Reasonable mainstream scifi holum. Surprised to see it was passed uncut, as I did feel parts were trimmed, ho hum.

War. (2007). Hmmmm, exploitation lite imo. Like a HK film made for an american audience was the vibe I kept getting, bizarre twist though cough.

X312 Flight to Hell. Disaster movie directed by Jess Franco? sign me up!! A rag bag assortment of types take a trip into potboiler land, as the cliches fly thick and fast. Truly not as awful as Devil Hunter....see for your selves hahaha.......

keirarts, Hawkmonger and troggi like this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 1st April 2013, 04:22 PM
Cult Addict

The Day.

Good solid post apocalypse drama, nothing too origional but a great car boot buy for me. Like the fact most of the film almost could be in black and white, made it very distinctive.
Frankie Teardrop likes this.
Old 1st April 2013, 04:54 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

just watched these , apart from puppet master 3 which i just started watching, was think of watching the new york ripper later which i have never seen, how hard going is this film to watch is its as bad as cannibal holocaust, which after watching once dont think i can bring myself to watch again , don't get me wrong its not a bad film, its just not a easy film to watch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0297.jpg (93.7 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0298.jpg (94.8 KB, 9 views)
Old 1st April 2013, 05:06 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
just watched these , apart from puppet master 3 which i just started watching, was think of watching the new york ripper later which i have never seen, how hard going is this film to watch is its as bad as cannibal holocaust, which after watching once dont think i can bring myself to watch again , don't get me wrong its not a bad film, its just not a easy film to watch.
New York Ripper is a much easier watch compared to Cannibal Holocaust or Maniac (which it bears more resemblance to) in my opinion. Fulci's direction is decent, the story is entertaining and the murders are fairly gory. The killer's duck voice is borderline amusing and makes the film a little harder to take seriously in comparison to something like Cannibal Holocaust. Also Jack Hedley plays the hardboiled/world-weary cop role very well.

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti
Old 1st April 2013, 05:11 PM
Cult Acolyte

Mad Doctor Of Market Street (1942)

The Curse Of Frankenstein (1957)
Rik, trebor8273 and troggi like this.
Old 1st April 2013, 06:28 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Been on a bit of a David Lynch binge. I followed Saturdays Blue Velvet with the extraordinary Eraser Head last night and then Wild at Heart and Fire Walk With Me today.

Mu head hurts. But in a good way. I think I will save the final film in the set, Lost Highway, for another day.

Now if they could sort out Straight Story on blu-ray then my Lynch collection will be complete.
Old 1st April 2013, 07:13 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

BTW-Lynch fans.
I was in CEX in Glasgow yesterday and they had STACKS of Lynch Blu Ray boxsets brand new for twelve quid!!!!!

Watched SIGHTSEERS last night-superb.Ben Wheatley is definitely the UK's one to watch.Let's hope he doesn't sign up for a Schichael Bay remake...

SCHINDLER'S LIST on Blu...OMG-Incredible! Still as harrowing as it was on first release!

THE HOBBIT-Looked amazing on Blu,but tbh,compared to the Rings films,I found this a bit of a chore to sit through....

Off now to watch the classic CHRISTINE......
trebor8273 likes this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 2nd April 2013, 03:50 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Been watching tales from the darkside on horror channel cannot believe how utter shite it is, and some of the acting is terrible just watched series 2 episode 9 last night about the possessed girl my wife was in the room I felt embarrassed watching it the girl was a scary as slug and acting was beyond terrible and story was just equally as bad I'm only watching it because George a Romero produced it in the attempt it might Actualy get better, not a series I would recommend
Old 2nd April 2013, 04:01 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Few recent watches, all great for different reasons

If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!

Like this? Share it using the links below!