All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179475Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd April 2013, 08:05 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocialNightmare View Post
hmmm! might actually have to watch it now, i did record it but was still unsure whether i wanted to watch or not , thanks
I would its one of the remakes where because of how good and classic the original is you're REALY undecided if to watch or not, But when you do you be pleasantly surprised at how decent it is..
Old 22nd April 2013, 08:37 AM
Cult Rookie

Old 22nd April 2013, 11:34 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
I would its one of the remakes where because of how good and classic the original is you're REALY undecided if to watch or not, But when you do you be pleasantly surprised at how decent it is..
In my opinion its a far superior film to the original, I'm not being biased just because I'm a huge Jackie fan, it really is just a great fun film.

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 22nd April 2013, 12:13 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Well. I went to see Evil Dead.

I didn't care for it.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 22nd April 2013, 12:30 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
In my opinion its a far superior film to the original, I'm not being biased just because I'm a huge Jackie fan, it really is just a great fun film.
I didn't see it at the cinema but, when I knew I was being sent a copy for review, I rented the 1984 film of the same name to refresh my memory and so I can see how the remake stood up in comparison. I was more than happy with 'The Kung Fu Kid' which is easily as good as, if not better, than the original.

If you're interested, this is what I thought of the film and the BD: The Karate Kid (2010) Blu-ray
Old 22nd April 2013, 12:53 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Just watched the Karate Kid remake and I'm surprised to say I actually enjoyed it, obviously it isn't a patch on the original, but I still thought it was pretty good. I do think they should've called it the Kung Fu Kid though, seeing as there's no karate in it
The title is a dig at the japanese. Jaden smiths character get teased for knowing karate because all the chinese kids know kung fu which is seen as superior.

(there are of course hundreds of different styles of kung fu, but lets not get in to that!)
Old 22nd April 2013, 02:17 PM
Cult Acolyte

Vault Of Horror starring Tom Baker, I bought the film ages ago without hearing anything about it. Ive watched it every Halloween since and still enjoy the film.

I do have a few niggles. 1 why is Tom Baker in eternal damnation rather then the men who were ripping him off? and 2 when was it bad to want a clean and tidy house?
Hawkmonger likes this.
Old 22nd April 2013, 05:36 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Well. I went to see Evil Dead.

I didn't care for it.
I saw it today too, and I concur with your closing statement. For all its moments of Grand Guignol, I thought it was extraordinarily dull. All NOISE, no trousers. And the lead gal, possessed or not, was frankly irritating.

As far as recent remakes go, I'll take Maniac, thanks.
Demoncrat and keirarts like this.
Old 22nd April 2013, 06:08 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirium View Post
I saw it today too, and I concur with your closing statement. For all its moments of Grand Guignol, I thought it was extraordinarily dull. All NOISE, no trousers. And the lead gal, possessed or not, was frankly irritating.

As far as recent remakes go, I'll take Maniac, thanks.
Glad to know i'm not alone in disliking it then..

Did you find the twist with the female character near the end somewhat enfuriating? Dont want to go intospoiler mode but I'm sure you know what i'm refering to!
Old 22nd April 2013, 06:12 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Glad to know i'm not alone in disliking it then..

Did you find the twist with the female character near the end somewhat enfuriating? Dont want to go intospoiler mode but I'm sure you know what i'm refering to!
I hope to see it tomorrow or Thursday, so no spoilers please!

Last week I watched:

Like this? Share it using the links below!