Like Tree179038Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st May 2013, 06:15 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
I'd say it's as good as the 4th (Fast & Furious).
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
Don't say that Stephen, 4 is the worst one.
Conflicting views - Great stuff.
Prince_Vajda likes this.
Old 21st May 2013, 06:30 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Nope, that would be 2 Fast 2 Furious.
4 really annoyed me with the finale through the tunnels, far too much CGI, i actually quite like 2 Fast 2 Furious, but Tokyo Drift has become my favourite.
Old 21st May 2013, 07:43 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

ZOMBIE FLESH EATERS 3 - Or 'Zombi 4' or whatever it's called. I do really like scraping the bottom of the barrel of late eighties Italian schlock. This is pretty action packed, with some gore and loads of pumpin' era-appropriate electro rock. Yes, it's bad. Really quite bad. I enjoyed it, though.

BABYCALL - Frosty and alienating take on bereavement and madness. I thought it was excellent, bleak, genuinely unsettling and actually pretty heart-rending. Others have compared it to Polanski.... 'Repulsion' isn't far away. Very much recommended.

LET ME IN - It's been ages since I saw the original, but this follow-on seems pretty impeccable in terms of summoning a grim atmosphere but still managing to seem bitter-sweet. The ghostly mist of Reagan era America is really well evoked. Sad and disturbing, and thankfully some mainstream movies these days are prepared to be both.

COME OUT AND PLAY - Those pesky kids are at it again, and this time they're really kickin' ass. Essentially a remake of 'Who can Kill a Child?'. It really brings home how disturbing its subject matter is. I mean, it's not just 'Night of the Living Dead' with kids instead of zombies. I don't know how much this update actually adds to the original beyond some more graphic violence, but it's well made and frightening. I recommend it.
Old 21st May 2013, 07:48 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop View Post
COME OUT AND PLAY - Those pesky kids are at it again, and this time they're really kickin' ass. Essentially a remake of 'Who can Kill a Child?'. It really brings home how disturbing its subject matter is. I mean, it's not just 'Night of the Living Dead' with kids instead of zombies. I don't know how much this update actually adds to the original beyond some more graphic violence, but it's well made and frightening. I recommend it.
Really want to see this, Frankie. I absolutely love the claustrophobic and sunbaked insanity of Who can Kill a Child? - it's one of my favourites, and doesn't pull any punches at all. I've heard conflicting reviews over this one, although the more positive ones have won me over, so it's nice to see your good self giving it a hearty recommendation too!
Old 21st May 2013, 07:57 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirium View Post
Really want to see this, Frankie. I absolutely love the claustrophobic and sunbaked insanity of Who can Kill a Child? - it's one of my favourites, and doesn't pull any punches at all. I've heard conflicting reviews over this one, although the more positive ones have won me over, so it's nice to see your good self giving it a hearty recommendation too!
It's definitely in the spirit of the original - a serious horror film, with, as you say, an utterly claustrophobic atmosphere. It doesn't necessarily go anywhere its predecessor didn't, although interestingly the director seems to want to draw socio-political parallels (which were arguably inherent anyway). The ominous synth-drone soundtrack won me over, too.
Old 22nd May 2013, 12:02 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
4 really annoyed me with the finale through the tunnels, far too much CGI, i actually quite like 2 Fast 2 Furious, but Tokyo Drift has become my favourite.
Gotta agree, 4 was the worst. Tokyo Drift is my 2nd favourite after the original, check out Initial D, it's also a good "drifting movie".

Watched Island of Lost Souls for the first time tonight. Less Lugosi than i'd hoped but enjoyed it anyways.
Old 22nd May 2013, 07:25 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Watched Dellamorte Dellamore last night, brilliant film; loved the black comedy and the performance by Rupert Everett
Old 22nd May 2013, 06:43 PM
Cult Acolyte

The Terminator (1984) blu ray

The Omega Man (1971) blu ray
SCM likes this.
Old 22nd May 2013, 11:38 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Been on a second hand buyin' spree. I got some goodies and some average dvds Just finished watching the just above average "Elektra"

Monster Magnet
Old 23rd May 2013, 06:09 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Heroin Busters

Brilliant. Cool Goblin soundtrack. Good locations and action sequences. Ludicruously camp. Fabio Testi looking like he should be in Brokeback Mountain only 25 years + earlier. David Hemmings doing the angry police chief routine and inturn giving a more enjoyable performance than in Deep Red. Think I'll give Almost Human another spin after this...

Like this? Share it using the links below!