Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179449Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th June 2013, 09:11 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

and finally for today classic Carpenter with Escape From New York. I think over the next few days I will revisit all of the Carpenter films I have on Blu-ray.
troggi likes this.
Old 15th June 2013, 10:28 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Red Tails (2012) As much as I like the arial combat scenes the crappy dialogue (the villainous Germans dialogue was just plain laughable "Die you foolish African!"), and the way scenes cut and fade into the next reminds me of a cheap TV movie!
Demdike@Cult Labs and troggi like this.
Old 15th June 2013, 10:41 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaKaitlyn View Post
Red Tails (2012) As much as I like the arial combat scenes the crappy dialogue (the villainous Germans dialogue was just plain laughable "Die you foolish African!"), and the way scenes cut and fade into the next reminds me of a cheap TV movie!
I've also just finished this.

Despite some terrible reviews both from the press and on here i quite enjoyed it. I'm not a huge fan of aerial combat movies but this seemed ok.

Sure the dogfights are all CGI but show me a Lucasfilm or any modern blockbuster that isn't.

I never really noticed the scene fades Joshua. I agree some of the dialogue, especially from the Germans was clunky to say the least, but on the whole it was an enjoyable waste of time.
troggi likes this.
Old 15th June 2013, 10:47 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

AIRPORT 79 - THE CONCORDE
PRISONER 701 - SASORI
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
"A good fight should be like a small play...but played seriously. When the opponent expands, l contract. When he contracts, l expand. And when there is an opportunity... l do not hit...it hits all by itself."
Old 15th June 2013, 10:57 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wongfeihung62 View Post
AIRPORT 79 - THE CONCORDE
I have a box set of the Airport films, all stupid fun that mingle into one in my head.

How they got Myrna Loy roped into the first one i'll never know. The scene (can't remember which film it is) where Charlton Heston boards the plane through the cockpit window, in mid air, makes me laugh just typing it.
wongfeihung62 likes this.
Old 15th June 2013, 11:11 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
I have a box set of the Airport films, all stupid fun that mingle into one in my head.

How they got Myrna Loy roped into the first one i'll never know. The scene (can't remember which film it is) where Charlton Heston boards the plane through the cockpit window, in mid air, makes me laugh just typing it.
I have been working my way through the Terminal box set this week. Chuck was in the 2nd movie - Airport 1975.
"A good fight should be like a small play...but played seriously. When the opponent expands, l contract. When he contracts, l expand. And when there is an opportunity... l do not hit...it hits all by itself."
Old 15th June 2013, 11:46 PM
Cultist

Cria Cuervos (1975 Carlos Saura) BFI Bluray
Another fine BFI release. A wonderful dark movie that feels like a cross between Bergman and Pan's Labyrinth. Recommended!
Old 15th June 2013, 11:55 PM
Cult Addict

Case of the scorpions tail.

Excellent slice of giallo from Sergio Martino. Needs a blu-ray release REEEL BAD.
bdc and sjconstable like this.
Old 16th June 2013, 12:39 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Case of the scorpions tail.

Excellent slice of giallo from Sergio Martino. Needs a blu-ray release REEEL BAD.
Definitely. The NoShame DVD looks lovely but an HD upgrade would be fantastic. Such a great film.

Like this? Share it using the links below!