Old 28th July 2013, 08:14 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Hmmph Thanks Nos.

I had just got this out to watch tonight and you've gone and spoilt it.
Gee, sorry about that!
Demdike@Cult Labs and troggi like this.
Old 28th July 2013, 08:20 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Highschool of the dead: the complete first series (2010)

First of all,a big thanks to keirarts who suggested to get the blu (this looks great on blu).

So I started watching this anime series and at first I though it was so-so but slowly the whole thing started to get better and better and when I started watching episode 6 it caught me by surprise (going totally naughty!).

Having watched the whole (first) series now,I can say I'm a fan as this mix of great animation,zombie horror,naughtiness,silliness and characters I cared for...really worked for me.

I can't wait for the second series to get released (september?)!

Highschool of the dead: Drifters of the Dead (2011)

I love the titles they gave the individual episodes,even the censored "DEAD Night and the DEAD Ruck".

So this is another episode of the series,however it was released later (as a companion of a volume of the manga series I think) to keep the interest in the series alive I guess?

Only loosely related (there's some silly explanation given but who cares anyway),this one goes totally naughty which I found very enjoyable but somehow I found myself craving a bit more zombie action...if only there was another episode which showed what actually happened when the zombies pop up at the end...

Btw I really like the structure of this series with short episodes (15 mins) and more action after the credits...and a lovely jumbled preview of the next episode after that!

My favourite male character is Kohta Hirano (talk about a fun character) and my favourite female character must be Shizuka Marikawa.

Last edited by bdc; 28th July 2013 at 10:18 PM.
Old 28th July 2013, 09:25 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I thought High School of the Dead was great and thoroughly enjoyed each episode and the series as a whole. I haven't seen it since I reviewed it, so should probably make some time to watch it again.
High School of the Dead | Film 365
bdc likes this.
Old 28th July 2013, 09:57 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Nice review Nos!
Old 28th July 2013, 09:58 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

At last I've reach the 40's!
From 1940:

A Wild Hare "Shussh I'm hunting Wabbit"
Rebecca Saw a clip of this last Christmas and it intrigued me so on my list it went! The cinematography screams for a MOC release
The Return of Frank James Bog standard western sequel.
Puss gets the Boot The version complete with Mammy Two-Shoes original voice! (Bah to political correctness!)

http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/memb...tml#post355049
Old 28th July 2013, 10:23 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaKaitlyn View Post
At last I've reach the 40's!
From 1940:

A Wild Hare "Shussh I'm hunting Wabbit"
Rebecca Saw a clip of this last Christmas and it intrigued me so on my list it went! The cinematography screams for a MOC release
The Return of Frank James Bog standard western sequel.
Puss gets the Boot The version complete with Mammy Two-Shoes original voice! (Bah to political correctness!)

http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/memb...tml#post355049
I'm miles behind with your thread. I'm only up to around 1921.

Edit - 1925 part 2 now i check. I use my likes as a sort of bookmark.
JoshuaKaitlyn and troggi like this.
Old 29th July 2013, 07:59 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
Nice review Nos!
Thanks. I completely agree with everything you wrote about the series.
bdc, trebor8273 and troggi like this.
Old 29th July 2013, 08:50 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post
This is no laughing matter.

I really should only comment on topics that don't affect me emotionally.
Sorry Prince, I wasn't meaning to cause you any upset, and I can assure you I wasn't making a laughing matter of it. Simply pointing out that it's far too late to ensure that he's exposed to no tv at all. While I don't think for a moment any child should be plonked in front of a tv 24/7 I also don't believe that in moderation there is any harm to be done.
troggi likes this.

Last edited by J Harker; 29th July 2013 at 09:09 AM.
Old 29th July 2013, 09:50 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Sorry Prince, I wasn't meaning to cause you any upset, and I can assure you I wasn't making a laughing matter of it. Simply pointing out that it's far too late to ensure that he's exposed to no tv at all. While I don't think for a moment any child should be plonked in front of a tv 24/7 I also don't believe that in moderation there is any harm to be done.
As a case in point my two, now grown up children watch very little in the way of television. The youngest, my son is constantly on-line but up to the age of 5 was a "Thomas the Tank Engine" nut and used to copy the faces of the trains. My daughter, on the other hand, only watches select American TV series like "Dexter" and "Hannibal" because she is a horror nut to the nth degree and went straight from Disney films to "Buffy the Vampire Slayer". She now watches more horror films than I do! I must add that, although not dissuaded from watching TV, neither of them were actively encouraged to watch it and did not have TVs in their own rooms until they were 5 or 6 years old.

I can see the good Prince's POV here, and there is research to back it up, but I don't believe in imposing draconian measures on my children. We did actively encourage them to get some actual real life friends and outside interests; my daughter was the naughty one who hung around with skaters and other ne'er-do-wells, my son is so straight you could use him as a rule and took up Scouting to such an extent that he is now a Beaver Leader and actively involved with his "other family" the Scouts. Maybe, like with certain drugs, it needs an "addictive personality," lack of imagination or some other sort of mental condition for a child to be adversely influenced by television, I don't know.

I do see children on a daily basis at work who I believe are adversely affected by the utter pap that they watch; stuff like "Big Brother," "X Factor," and soap operas. I firmly believe that a lot of our social ills can be traced to these programs with kids emulating their soap heroes by over-reacting and drifting from one imagined crisis to another and believing that the road to prosperity is through an audition with Simon Cowpat!

Monster Magnet
Old 29th July 2013, 12:04 PM
Cult Acolyte

Freaks (1932)

Mark Of The Vampire (1935)

The Mask Of Fu Manchu (1932)

Dr X (1932)

The Most Dangerous Game (1932)

The Return Of Dr X (1939)

Mad Love (1935)

The Devil Doll (1936)

Like this? Share it using the links below!