Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179616Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th October 2009, 11:21 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Super Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42ndStreetFreak View Post
Nice to hear! I've have been wondering about "Cold Prey 1 & 2" as I've been very impressed with recent Euro horror.
I'll have to pick this up i think.
Like i said earlier i personally preferred the sequel but i found both CP films enjoyable and imo G2's double-bill DVD is a bargain at £8!
These Norwegian slashers may not exactly be brimming with originality but i certainly didn't regret buying this U.K. release.
Fair enough, not too packed with extras but lovely PQ on both movies.

One thing i forgot to mention.

Unless you like spoilers DO NOT do what i did and watch the short making-of the first CP prior to viewing the actual film itself.
This featurette gives away too much!

Also, make sure you pick up a copy with no loose discs inside the case as a fair few of the copies i checked in HMV suffered from this problem. It seems to be down to the spindle holding the first CP DVD as it's not too robust imo.
Old 25th October 2009, 11:31 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Super Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadAlive View Post
I enjoyed "Cold Prey ". It was my first exposure to Norwegian horror. I wasn't aware of a second film so I'll be checking that out when I can.
If more Norwegian horror efforts are like the CP films then i'm up for seeing a few more of 'em!

I found CPII:R to be superior to the first film and a touch more visually impressive imo. Gorier i thought too, but both entries deserve the attention of stalk 'n slash devotees who don't mind a bit of familiarity.

With regards to the above sequel, think the original Halloween II only with snow and you're there!
Old 25th October 2009, 11:41 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojirosan View Post
I am intrigued by this "The Dead Pit" thing. Investigations may begin...
i love the dead pit its on e of my fav films, i still have it on vhs and ive got a mini movie version of it as well
Old 25th October 2009, 11:48 AM
Cult Acolyte

Super Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojirosan View Post
I have just watched the Blue Underground disk of Nightmare City only to discover that I have never seen it before!!! I always assumed I had seen it but no. Nice.

I had always thought it was a zombie flick, had no idea it was an "infected living" film á la The Crazies and 28 Days Later.

Not entirely awful I thought! Clearly it was rushed, but it was competently made by and large and fairly well shot. I am appreciating Lenzi more as I am older, perhaps cutting him more slack as I know more about the industry and imtes in which he worked.

Decent disk, but I thought colours were a little faded and edges a little soft. I wonder if that was just down to film stock though.
I love Lenzi's radiation ravaged schlockfest and ABUK's NC DVD boasted a beautiful transfer of the film.

In the U.S. the film was drastically re-edited and renamed City Of The Walking Dead.
Maybe it should've been City Of The Walking, Running, Shooting, Stabbing, Strangling, Scratching, Decapitating, Bludgeoning, Blood Drinking, Eye-Gouging and Tit-Tearing Dead!

There's so many amusing atomic attacks in NC it never gets boring imo.
Amusement parks, petrol stations, TV studios, hospitals (watch for flying scalpels!) and airports. Great and gloriously gory stuff!
Old 25th October 2009, 11:50 AM
Cult Acolyte

Super Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitchslicer View Post
i love the dead pit its on e of my fav films, i still have it on vhs and ive got a mini movie version of it as well
Never seen this film but i like the tagline!

'When the dead start walking, you better start running!'
Old 26th October 2009, 07:30 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Picked up a couple of cheap films in the online sales: Hardware: Special Edition & Murder Party.
Old 26th October 2009, 08:51 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Going through the OMEN series,Watched part 1 and 2 yesterday.Also recently seen are THE HORSEMEN,ASTROBOY and TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE
Old 26th October 2009, 01:44 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

i watched harry potter and the half blood prince and the new Disney film up only cuz the kids wanted to honestly
Old 26th October 2009, 02:20 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitchslicer View Post
i watched harry potter and the half blood prince and the new Disney film up only cuz the kids wanted to honestly
I'm taking my 10 year old daughter to see "Up " tomorrow. I've got to have some credibility when I walk in.

My style? .........You could call it the art of fighting without fighting!
Old 26th October 2009, 02:40 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadAlive View Post
I'm taking my 10 year old daughter to see "Up " tomorrow. I've got to have some credibility when I walk in.
its actually really good but it has got some really sad parts in it too but i loved it and it kept my 3 year old lad good through the whole film

Like this? Share it using the links below!