Like Tree179625Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th August 2013, 12:56 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
what took you so long it's one of my all time favs, watch it every year at least 3 times and never get bored off it,
I'd just never got round to watching it, no other reason, it's been on my Lovefilm list for ages and finally arrived the other day.
A mate of mine has some impressive Warriors related tattoos

If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 8th August 2013, 04:17 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Revenge In The House Of Usher. Watched this last night, as always JF's cameo a delight. Decent enought print etc. Best of the later ones that I've seen so far.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 8th August 2013, 04:35 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Finally got round to watching The Warriors last night (Nordicdusk can get off my back now ), really enjoyed it and will definitely add it to my collection in the near future. It was the director's cut, with the comic book style scene transitions, is this cut better or worse than the standard version?

Followed it with American Psycho, despite being a bit of a let down on the gore front if you've read the book, I still enjoy this film and watch it every couple of years or so. I only discovered last night that Mila Kunis is in the sequel, never bothered with it before due to it's stature as being ultra-crap, but I'm thinking I might give it a watch for the lovely Ms Kunis

Nice one Rik i knew you would like it but yes there is a BUT i wont stay off your back until you LOVE the film

Most people that are fans of the film cant stand the directors cut but i really honestly dont mind it at all. The Blu Ray PQ is fantastic well worth picking up and some great interviews with some of the stars of the film looking back on the film. Always great to see the actors look back with good memories of a film they acted in 20 years or so before.
Old 8th August 2013, 04:38 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicdusk View Post
The Blu Ray PQ is fantastic well worth picking up and some great interviews with some of the stars of the film looking back on the film. Always great to see the actors look back with good memories of a film they acted in 20 years or so before.
I never watch the extras whenever I enjoy a film I rent, I always save them for when I buy the disc myself, which in this case will be in a few weeks once all this months pre-orders are out of the way.
troggi likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 8th August 2013, 05:15 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invid Ninja View Post
Just got back from the Prince Charles Cinema in London doing a second run of the 35mm print they obtained of Michael Mann's The Keep. Second time I've seen the film and I still absolutely love it, warts and all. I do hope one day a Blu will be on the cards.
The Keep is one of those films that I'm absolutely desperate to see. Been looking for it on DVD, but (like Terry Gilliam's Brazil) is nowhere to be found.
troggi likes this.
Old 8th August 2013, 05:17 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
'The Keep' is on film 4 again next Thursday (15th) as part of their frightfest season if anyone still hasn't seen it, i know its not on dvd so felt that i should let everyone know. I quite like it myself.
They've also got Re-animator, Scanners, Don't look now, Dog Soldiers, Basket Case & Inferno ,all great films that i would urge everyone to see if they haven't already. (i'm sure most of you have)
Also showing Splice which i quite liked when i saw it, had a distinctly Cronenbergian feel to it i thought. Was well acted and interesting, one of my favourite monster movies of recent years.
Thanks for letting me know!!! I'll stay up to see it
troggi likes this.
Old 8th August 2013, 05:27 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 View Post
The Keep is one of those films that I'm absolutely desperate to see. Been looking for it on DVD, but (like Terry Gilliam's Brazil) is nowhere to be found.
Brazil is readily available on dvd and Blu in the UK and the US.
troggi likes this.
Old 8th August 2013, 05:28 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Finally got round to watching The Warriors last night (Nordicdusk can get off my back now ), really enjoyed it and will definitely add it to my collection in the near future. It was the director's cut, with the comic book style scene transitions, is this cut better or worse than the standard version?

Followed it with American Psycho, despite being a bit of a let down on the gore front if you've read the book, I still enjoy this film and watch it every couple of years or so. I only discovered last night that Mila Kunis is in the sequel, never bothered with it before due to it's stature as being ultra-crap, but I'm thinking I might give it a watch for the lovely Ms Kunis
I loved The Warriors (which I watched for the first time a few months back). I expected it to be a cheesy bunch of shite, but actually really enjoyed it! I shouldn't've judged a book by its cover

I've got so much to say right now, just notices I've posted three times in a row!!' That's because I've posted after reading every comment I want to respond to, instead of reading them all first and THEN posting.

On to the Carry On... Films. Never been a fan at all, but did really like Screaming! Probably because I'm such a fan of Hammer Horrors and neither Did James nor Barbara Windsor were in it!

American Psycho is one of the most over-rated films I've ever seen. Don't see the big deal AT ALL. Do want to see the sequel for, but only for the reason Rik already stated.

End of Life Story!!!
troggi likes this.
Old 8th August 2013, 05:31 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Brazil is readily available on dvd and Blu in the UK and the US.
Is it?!!! I can never find it!

I actually only want to see it for one line that's used in Lord Abortion by Cradle of Filth.
troggi likes this.

Last edited by ArgentoFan1987; 8th August 2013 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Adding information
Old 8th August 2013, 05:49 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 View Post
Is it?!!! I can never find it!

I actually only want to see it for one line that's used in Lord Abortion by Cradle of Filth.
You can pick up the dvd from Amazon marketplace for under £2.
ArgentoFan1987 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!