Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179617Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th August 2013, 07:56 PM
Cult Acolyte

The Frozen Ghost (1945)

One of the Universal Inner Sanctum Mysteries. Good cast featuring Lon Chaney Jr and Evelyn Ankers.Not really a horror but features a creepy wax exhibition. That and the great Universal cast is good enough for me and well worth checking out for that reason.
Old 29th August 2013, 08:01 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Theatre of blood

Perhaps my favourite price film. A lot of people compare it to the dr phibes movies, but for me its a lot better then them. Great acting from what is a who's who's of British acting, great kills and hilarious black comedy that never fails to have me laughing. Poodle pie anyone ? 10/10
Old 29th August 2013, 09:15 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Theatre of blood

Perhaps my favourite price film. A lot of people compare it to the dr phibes movies, but for me its a lot better then them. Great acting from what is a who's who's of British acting, great kills and hilarious black comedy that never fails to have me laughing. Poodle pie anyone ? 10/10
That must be my favourite Price movie of all. It should never be compared DR PHIBES, its far better than those films.

I've watched a few 4 hour plus epics over the last week...DIE NIBELUNGEN and CLEOPATRA. Also SUBSPECIES and FALL OF THE HOUSE OF USHER in terms of horror. And finally 2 Olive BDs BULLFIGHTER AND THE LADY and McCLINTOCK.
trebor8273, Hawkmonger and troggi like this.

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti
Old 29th August 2013, 09:34 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Watched the remaining two shorts on 'Black Sabbath' this morning - great stuff! Also watched one of the special features, which compared the differences between the Italian and US releases. Really interesting, especially the audio/sound effects chosen for each.
troggi and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 29th August 2013, 10:02 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeypedro View Post
I must agree about I Spit on Your Grave 2 as i also enjoyed the movie and thought it a worthy sequel and hopefully the lead actress Jemma Dallender goes on to bigger and better things as she was excellent.

I wanted to watch Missionary as a fan of the directors work especially Cassadaga but also fell asleep during it but hopefully it will be released soon.

I managed to stay awake for The Dark Tourist but wish i had been asleep as for me it was one of the few movies at the festival that i hated.
I am a really big fan of De Biasi's work aswell including Dread and Cassadaga so I was a bit disappointed I fell asleep but I did get my DVD copy of Dread signed by De Biasi so its not all bad.
troggi likes this.
Old 29th August 2013, 11:24 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

geekdog.jpg
"Hercules and the Tyrants of Babylon" (1964)
Peter Lupus, the big guy from the tv series "Mission Impossible," dons the miniskirt and sandals as "Haircurlers the Mighty" for this outing and he's faced with the task of freeing the Queen of the Hellenes and a bunch of other slaves from the nasty Babylonians. Lot's of big rock and people throwing.

13/10 for being much more colourful and Haircurlers' big stick!

Monster Magnet
Old 30th August 2013, 07:15 AM
Cult Addict

Requiem for a Vampire.

Minimal dialogue and very dream like, says its one of Rollins 'purest' works and can't really disagree. Thought it got rather nasty near the end though. Not often I find sequences in a Rollin film outright unpleasant. Looks Gorgeous on Blu-ray,the colors are vibrant and its a great film.
Old 30th August 2013, 09:03 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by troggi View Post
Attachment 119043
"Hercules and the Tyrants of Babylon" (1964)
Peter Lupus, dons the miniskirt
I was quite interested for a minute there!
troggi likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 30th August 2013, 09:07 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

The Flowers of War (2011) Not too bad! Deals with the 'Rape of Nanking' by the Japanese in 1937
keirarts, Hawkmonger and troggi like this.
Old 30th August 2013, 09:26 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

You're Next - saw this last night and thoroughly recommend it. It's a pretty smart home invasion/slasher hybrid with strong characters who make decisions not just to further the plot but because they seem like reasonable and sensible options most of the time. Some good jumps/scares and a couple of creepy moments which make it a great relief from the glut of possession/haunting films around at the minute.

Like this? Share it using the links below!