Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th September 2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 365217)
these are some of the movies that been recommended by netflix for me any of these worth watching

the little girl who live down the lane 1974
murder by degree
moon of the wolf
the evictors
murders of the rue morgue 1971
hatchet for the honeymoon
5 dolls for an august moon
killers moon
schizo
crimson color of blood
the angry red planet
creature 1985
unknown origin
breeders
invisible invaders
beast with a million eyes

Go with Breeders, lots of gory fun. It doesn't matter if its the 80's flick or the nineties one. Two completely different films but both fine schlocky fun.

Boo Radley 12th September 2013 05:17 PM

Watched Gozu last night.....
Can anyone tell me what the hell was going on?? :confused:

Make Them Die Slowly 12th September 2013 09:40 PM

More Netflix bollocks-"Tomorrow When the War Began" Oz "Red Dawn" rip off but minus the passion and politics of the 80s flag waver. Truly shit on every level. It's a 12A, as is the recent "Red Dawn" remake which although shite, at least never takes itself too seriously, unlike this stain of a film. So bad is this that I moved up my normal mid film wank break to the end of the first third. And do you know what, I couldn't get it up.

Rondadoronron 12th September 2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 365344)
More Netflix bollocks-"Tomorrow When the War Began" Oz "Red Dawn" rip off but minus the passion and politics of the 80s flag waver. Truly shit on every level. It's a 12A, as is the recent "Red Dawn" remake which although shite, at least never takes itself too seriously, unlike this stain of a film. So bad is this that I moved up my normal mid film wank break to the end of the first third. And do you know what, I couldn't get it up.

Why are you putting yourself thru this,you seem to be on some sadomasochistic film festival,the only one who's suffering is you,are you im torment?

Make Them Die Slowly 12th September 2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rondadoronron (Post 365345)
Why are you putting yourself thru this,you seem to be on some sadomasochistic film festival,the only one who's suffering is you,are you im torment?

I'm working in a paradigm whereby this is a transgressive act against my own beliefs and value systems thus freeing me from self created confines to soar above genre, taste and what little sense I was born with. Sure, I'm not enjoying the films but there is some wild sense of freedom when choosing to watch them that I don't get when picking films from my own unwatched collection.

Rondadoronron 12th September 2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 365351)
I'm working in a paradigm whereby this is a transgressive act against my own beliefs and value systems thus freeing me from self created confines to soar above genre, taste and what little sense I was born with. Sure, I'm not enjoying the films but there is some wild sense of freedom when choosing to watch them that I don't get when picking films from my own unwatched collection.

Thats what I thought.

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th September 2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 365351)

He means there's bugger all on telly.

Make Them Die Slowly 12th September 2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 365361)
He means there's bugger all on telly.

You're right Dem, there's not enough buggering on telly.

JoshuaKaitlyn 12th September 2013 10:44 PM

Oasis of Fear (1971) Quite liked this!
Perfume the Story of a Murderer (2006) Caught the ending of this last year on TV and thought 'that looks interesting!' so it went into my lovefilm pile. I was right it was but at 2h 20m a little over long!

keirarts 12th September 2013 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boo Radley (Post 365297)
Watched Gozu last night.....
Can anyone tell me what the hell was going on?? :confused:

It's a gay love story between the Yakuza and his boss. He can't admit his feelings so the whole thing is a twisted way of resolving the tension. The 'horror' is the main characters disgust at his own sexual desires.