Like Tree179473Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd September 2013, 03:58 PM
Cult Rookie

sawyer6 and troggi like this.
Old 22nd September 2013, 05:15 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Thale which (unfortunately) i bought on DVD. I absolutely love the film, just wish that the U.K. could sort out a Bluray release as in other European countries.
Frankie Teardrop likes this.
Old 22nd September 2013, 06:14 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

From 1943:
The Outlaw "How'd you like to tussle with Russell??" er... no thanks she just dont do it for me...even when my eyes fall south of her face!
Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman Here we go! A classic battle of the titans! And with Ilona Massey!
Son of Dracula Was never a big fan of this one!
Tarzan's Desert Mystery Not as good as the previous two but this one has dinosaurs, giant spiders, man eating plants and of course Cheeta who always makes me laugh!

Now excuse me whilst I go off the watch The Evil Dead remake!

http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/memb...tml#post367552
Old 22nd September 2013, 06:14 PM
Cult Addict

VOLUNTEERS.

Once upon a time there was a comedian named Tom Hanks who starred in many great comic films such as Bachelor Party,Big, The Burbs and this film Volunteers. He was a naturally gifted comic actor with great timing. In this film for instance he easily held his own on screen against John Candy, and John Candy was ON FORM in this movie!.
Sadly, later he decided to focus on more serious dramatic roles. Ok they were really good films but I do wish he'd do a few more straight up comedy's. For those that are interested in Mr Hanks early career VOLUNTEERS is a great film to see and an awful lot of fun. He also co-stars with Rita wilson, the woman he would marry and Tim Thomerson (Trancers) as a CIA nutter who has named his knife and is keen on spiriting poor Rita away for some opium fueled rapey times.

Can't believe I hadn't seen this up till now!
Old 22nd September 2013, 06:25 PM
Cult Addict

My god I haven't seen that film in years. Hell I'd forgotten it existed. Remember really liking it.
troggi likes this.
Old 22nd September 2013, 07:15 PM
Cult Rookie

I'm watching Tetsuo. Got Eraserhead's influence written all over it and I was loving every second of it. A total nightmare of a film if I've ever seen one. That being of course the most wonderful of compliments. Frightening...in a beautiful way.

8/10
Old 22nd September 2013, 07:26 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldThumper View Post
I'm watching Tetsuo. Got Eraserhead's influence written all over it and I was loving every second of it. A total nightmare of a film if I've ever seen one. That being of course the most wonderful of compliments. Frightening...in a beautiful way. 8/10
Yep, it's a great film, I remember being blown away by the sped-up action sequences. I wonder had Shinya Tsukamoto taken inspiration from Halber Mensch, Sogo Ishii's 1986 documentary on German experimental band Einsturzende Neubauten performing in a Japanese ironworks. The montage shots of pipes, machinery and metal detritus must have had an influence on Tetsuo...
Old 22nd September 2013, 08:11 PM
Cult Acolyte

Possession (1981)

Well, that was......bizarre. What the hell did I just watch? How to decribe this film? No idea at the moment.
Old 22nd September 2013, 08:22 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Just finished my weekends entertainment with Stoker. I liked this first time but it was even better second time round as I noticed many more details which really add to the unease of the film. Excellent.

Although I bought the German blu-ray it immediately went to an English friendly menu (including that really annoying Thank You for not being a Pirate advertisement). I guess it must have used something in my player to identify where it thinks I live - although clearly not my location.
troggi likes this.
Old 22nd September 2013, 08:31 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Once Upon A Time In The West - 8/10

My trip into Spaghetti Westerns continues! This is the first time I've seen this epic film and really enjoyed it. It's a shame Clint Eastwood turned down the role of Harmonica, but Charles Bronson is excellent here opposite Henry Fonda. The pre-credits sequence is my favourite part of the movie - it's so intense, powerful and beautiful!

Insidious 2 - 7/10

I thought the first Insidious was a little on the stupid side. Lots of fun but more a fantasy, rather than a horror - like a twisted take on Narnia of something! (I prefer Sinister much more). The sequel wasn't quite as crazy as the first, I felt, but this made it all the more believable. A great take on the story - highly recommended.

Violent Shit - 1/10

Utter crap. I first saw this a few years ago after buying the box set and the first film of the cult German splatter triology is easily the lamest. If I remember rightly, 2 and 3 are a lot of fun though. The poor quality of this film is just dreadful - with the pixalated starting-and-stopping of the film. It's certainly unique! Still I love the fact this movie was even made and has become such an underground cult hit.

Like this? Share it using the links below!