Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179616Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th October 2013, 12:04 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

HBTC.
Where do I begin? Why does it end? Who am I talking to? What is that in the corner? When do the dreams take hold?

AAAnyway..... Watched Lorna and Norwegian Ninja last night. Final night with mate who's off to Thailand at weekend. But not before he returns my 2019: ATFONY cough.

Also watched Bruiser (Romero)
Well, I liked it more than Monkey Shines anyhow, but then trapping my hand in a blender would be preferable haha. Not a film Il rhapsodise about, but definitely one I'l return to at some point!!

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 16th October 2013, 12:38 PM
Cult Addict

I have seen Bruiser and thought it was interesting but not great. But i quite like Monkey shines myself, ok the main characters a bit bland but the monkey scenes are pretty tense near the climax.
Old 16th October 2013, 01:49 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
The shining

Not much to say, ok it's nothing like the book but it's still a great film and no matter how many times I watch it I hate Shelly Duvall character, god what a anoyoying bitch if anyone deserves to take there medicine and be attacked with a axe it's her. 9/10
Next weekend I'm off to see The Shining at a cinema in the woods, should be spooky!
Old 16th October 2013, 01:54 PM
Cult Addict

Does anyone know if the longer version of The Shining is available anywhere?
Old 16th October 2013, 02:10 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
Does anyone know if the longer version of The Shining is available anywhere?
I have the standard US Blu-ray (region free) which is the long cut.
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 16th October 2013, 02:34 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

The Exorcist (1973)

There's nothing i can say about this classic film that Nosferatu Kermode hasn't already said a hundred times before.

Its brilliant. The scenes of Regan under possession are still quite shocking, Linda Blair gives the performance of her career, and the early scenes in Iraq are still my favourite part of the film.

I did notice or rather failed to notice any of the subliminal images in the film. Clearly scotch slowed my perception of events and single frames didn't register on the Glenfiddich-ometer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Exorcist_ver2.jpg (28.9 KB, 3 views)
Old 16th October 2013, 03:21 PM
Cult Addict

DEAD SOULS (2011)

Cheapie direct to dvd horror is a great way to while away a wet afternoon. Was going to watch stoker but I will leave that until my friends are around. This one is a 101 films release about a young lad who survives a massacre perpetrated by his religious zealot father. Years later, having suppressed the incident he gets a call that he's inherited the farm and a sale has already been lined up. Looking to get funding for college he heads up there to seal the deal and ends up staying in the family home overnight. He soon finds the past isnt as dead as he had thought.

This is a very middle of the road effort. It's not especially scary and is probably about ten minutes too long. That said, given some of the awful shite i've seen on DVD its certainly not a bad film either. The story is generally decent, the direction is fine and none of the actors are awful. It just didn't especially SCARE me either.

I'm fine giving reviews on films I love or hate, but this one inspires no great passion or fury in me, I just thought it was ok.

a 5/10 film if ever I saw one.
Old 16th October 2013, 03:53 PM
Cult Acolyte

Machete Kills
Guns,explosions,blood,entrails,babes,babes with guns,rockets,decapitations,boob guns...........

Fecking mental.
PaulD, Nordicdusk, Buboven and 1 others like this.
Old 16th October 2013, 05:41 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
Machete Kills
Guns,explosions,blood,entrails,babes,babes with guns,rockets,decapitations,boob guns...........

Fecking mental.
I cant wait to see this film.
Old 16th October 2013, 05:41 PM
Cult Addict

Just got out of the Fifth Estate. Now im not going to claim to be an expert on the subject, but from a asthetic point of view,mit was the biggest load off balls ive seen this year since Man of Steel. Acting, all over the place, cinematography, bland, ost, vanilla. The script was tepid and the drama a boar. Its just the most mundane ball of oscer fodder. Even Benedict Crumblebottom could put any enthusiasm into it. A drose and a turkey. Not reccomended.

DVD and BD collection

Like this? Share it using the links below!