Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179516Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th October 2013, 07:59 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Half way through The People that time forgot, and loving every minute of it. Should finish it hopefully later this evening
Old 17th October 2013, 10:07 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Watched Theatre of Blood yesterday afternoon, found it very enjoyable. Loved Vincent Price's performance and the set pieces for the murders were amazing
Old 17th October 2013, 03:25 PM
Active Cultist

Watched The Seasoning House on German Blu-ray.Bloody,nihilistic,depressing,uncompromising and well beyond most other scum sucking titles out there (I Spit on Your Grave 2...why,for ****'s sakes?).I would recommend it to those brave enough to enjoy films like Maniac & Martyrs.
Old 17th October 2013, 03:54 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jani View Post
Watched The Seasoning House on German Blu-ray.Bloody,nihilistic,depressing,uncompromising and well beyond most other scum sucking titles out there (I Spit on Your Grave 2...why,for ****'s sakes?).I would recommend it to those brave enough to enjoy films like Maniac & Martyrs.
I would also recommend it to people who like films with dark ties to the real world myself, in it's case the 1990's Balkans War and the crimes against humanity which occurred during the conflict.

When I watched at Frightfest last year the director said that reality actually went beyond anything he could show on onscreen - which is true with so many other films partly based on true stories. This doesn't of course detract from how successfully the films portrays the sexual exploitation of women during the war. The initiation when the girls arrive at the house, with Viktor 'making an example' of one of them, happened in reality to many girls for example.
Old 17th October 2013, 08:03 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

byzantium

Loved it, fantastic advise everyone to give it a go, had me glued from beginning to end. 9.5/10

Monsters inc

Pixar do it again another great film with a great cast. Crystal and Goodman are excellent together, always liked john goodman and found him to be a very underrated actor. 8.5/10

Finding nemo

One of pixars best, laughter, action and tears it has it all, if your not moved by this and have a warm feeling at the end, your not human. 10/10
ArgentoFan1987 likes this.
Old 17th October 2013, 08:05 PM
Cult Addict

Is there a thread for what films haven't you seen lately? Cos I could fill that bugger up good and proper.
Bending my head lately how little opportunity I get.
Old 17th October 2013, 08:19 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
byzantium

Loved it, fantastic advise everyone to give it a go, had me glued from beginning to end. 9.5/10

Monsters inc

Pixar do it again another great film with a great cast. Crystal and Goodman are excellent together, always liked john goodman and found him to be a very underrated actor. 8.5/10

Finding nemo

One of pixars best, laughter, action and tears it has it all, if your not moved by this and have a warm feeling at the end, your not human. 10/10
Just got an email from Lovefilm today saying my rental of Byzantuim is on its way as a matter of fact. Will post my thoughts soon.
Old 17th October 2013, 10:30 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Lifeforce (1985)
Cheesy! Full of Meh! moments! Loved it....and that Mancini score! I think the neighbours enjoyed it also!
Old 18th October 2013, 12:36 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicdusk View Post
Hammer overload!

Like this? Share it using the links below!