Strange, strange film!!!!
keirarts and trebor8273 like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 18th October 2013, 08:45 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
byzantium

Loved it, fantastic advise everyone to give it a go, had me glued from beginning to end. 9.5/10

Monsters inc

Pixar do it again another great film with a great cast. Crystal and Goodman are excellent together, always liked john goodman and found him to be a very underrated actor. 8.5/10

Finding nemo

One of pixars best, laughter, action and tears it has it all, if your not moved by this and have a warm feeling at the end, your not human. 10/10
Yeah, John Goodman is one of my favourite actors!
Old 18th October 2013, 08:55 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Watched Alien: Directors Cut last night on Blu-Ray. First time I've seen the DC. Hard to tell any difference. Looks absoloutely fantastic in HD! I always find films from 20's - 80's benefit the most from HD. I seem to notice it much more. 9/10

Also watched The Lodge. Pretty average predictable film. Couple rent a whole lodge, with the intention of having a romantic weekend in order to have lots if sex. As soon as they arrive they find evidence of previous guests, although the place seems almost abandoned. They soon bump into Henry, who is covered in blood and claimed he was "chopping up venison". He also claims to be the owner of the lodge. The woman wakes up during the night, sees mysterious little girl. Guy wakes up, hears mysterious alarm clock. Henry acts suspicious. Etc. etc. etc.
you can probably guess the rest. 4/10

Last edited by ArgentoFan1987; 18th October 2013 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Correcting errors made by auto correct.
Old 18th October 2013, 09:44 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 View Post
Also watched The Lodge.... The woman wakes up during the night, sees mysterious little girl....
I can dig a couple-in-the-woods film if it's done well, but the appearance-of-a-scary-kid is my most hated modern Horror cliché. Skip it...
Delirium and ArgentoFan1987 like this.
Old 18th October 2013, 10:46 AM
Cultist

My October "horror-a-thon" continues:

11th: Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives
12th: Re-Animator and saw Machete Kills at the theater, if you wanna count that
13th: Final Destination (as in the orig film from 2000, not to be confused with THE Final Destination)
14th: The Blob (1988) Damn Shawnee Smith is hot!
15th: Village of the Damned (Carpenter's 1995 version) Hadn't seen it in a while and certainly not in widescreen since the theater. far from his better films, but not his worst either imo
16th: I Spit on Your Grave double feature. The orig 1978 version (35th anniv!) and first time seeing the sequel to the remake.
17th: House By the Cemetary, classic Fulci!

xboxlive: TwitchofDethNrv
Old 18th October 2013, 10:52 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlock76 View Post
I'd love to see the 1988 Blob again - I haven't seen it since video....
ArgentoFan1987 likes this.
Old 18th October 2013, 11:28 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlock76 View Post
My October "horror-a-thon" continues:

11th: Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives
12th: Re-Animator and saw Machete Kills at the theater, if you wanna count that
13th: Final Destination (as in the orig film from 2000, not to be confused with THE Final Destination)
15th: Village of the Damned (Carpenter's 1995 version) Hadn't seen it in a while and certainly not in widescreen since the theater. far from his better films, but not his worst either imo
16th: I Spit on Your Grave double feature. The orig 1978 version (35th anniv!) and first time seeing the sequel to the remake.
17th: House By the Cemetary, classic Fulci!

Great selection there. I hated the ISOYG remake, so I'll skip it's sequel.

I also watched Final Destination, but on Wednesday. It looks great on Blu-Ray. I've still to watch the special features and listen to the commentaries. I've also been meaning to watch The Birth of a Nation, but not yet found the time. I'm off until Monday, so hopefully I'll get the chance to watch it.
Old 18th October 2013, 12:25 PM
Cult Acolyte

Prisoners.

Saw it with 3 friends, we were all huddled together nearly crying. Felt physically sick afterwards. If you don't feel extremely bad or want to cry afterwards, you're not quite right I think.

Amazing performances, but the most emotionally exhausting movie I've ever seen. Think Mystic River or Requiem For A dream times 10. At 150 minutes, it made it even harder.

Also the torture is really really sickening, if I wasn't with friends I would have left.

Do heavy research before you see this to see if its your thing or if you can handle it. Fantastic but extremely hard to watch.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 18th October 2013, 03:11 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Just finished watching Stoker, if you haven't seen it yet then watch it ASAP, it's phenomenal

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 18th October 2013, 03:23 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
Just finished watching Stoker, if you haven't seen it yet then watch it ASAP, it's phenomenal
That it is.

Like this? Share it using the links below!