Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179604Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th November 2013, 07:34 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
It's that film (and more than likely the very same screening on the BBC) that got me into Hammer/Amicus/Tigon etc all those years ago, I remember talking about it at school the next day and getting bored and blank looks off my friends
I still get the same looks when I talk about films at school!

Von Trier's "Antichrist" Recorded this from Film 4 the other night (and "Haxan") and decided to watch last night. I thought that Dafoe was superb in his restraint and Gainsbourg was brilliant with her gradually rising hysteria. I winced in a couple of key scenes and my wife thought it was a "load of sh*t"!

14/10 for a brave and unflinching vision!

Monster Magnet
Old 11th November 2013, 07:34 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
It's that film (and more than likely the very same screening on the BBC) that got me into Hammer/Amicus/Tigon etc all those years ago, I remember talking about it at school the next day and getting bored and blank looks off my friends
I went in the next day and my mate Glen who was also a bit of a horror nerd talked about the bloody film all day. All I had was my mum cancelled the recorder. How old are you Rik? Would have been about 1992. And I've not seen it on a tv schedule since. I'll have to give it a rewatch soon, I was straining to keep my eyes open last night and that can't have helped either.
troggi likes this.
Old 11th November 2013, 07:36 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
I went in the next day and my mate Glen who was also a bit of a horror nerd talked about the bloody film all day. All I had was my mum cancelled the recorder. How old are you Rik? Would have been about 1992. And I've not seen it on a tv schedule since. I'll have to give it a rewatch soon, I was straining to keep my eyes open last night and that can't have helped either.
34, it was around 1992 I think
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 11th November 2013, 07:43 PM
Cult Addict

Yeah that would figure. My parents did the same thing with Fright Night as well which was the ITV Movie Premiere(!) around the same time. Strangely when I recorded Child's Play from BBC they actually let me watch it.
Rik and troggi like this.
Old 11th November 2013, 07:44 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Yeah that would figure. My parents did the same thing with Fright Night as well which was the ITV Movie Premiere(!) around the same time. Strangely when I recorded Child's Play from BBC they actually let me watch it.
They must've thought it was like "Home Alone", heh heh!
Rik likes this.

Monster Magnet
Old 11th November 2013, 07:48 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
I did alright unless there was a sex scene in it, then my dad would edit the film
It was years before I saw a near uncut version of the Devils, the version my dad edited was about 3 and 1/2 minutes long
troggi and nosferatu42 like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 11th November 2013, 07:50 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by troggi View Post
They must've thought it was like "Home Alone", heh heh!
They sat through it!
troggi likes this.
Old 11th November 2013, 08:03 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Bubba Ho-Tep

Brilliant, brilliant movie can't describe how much I love this film, for me coscarelli's best film. It just has so much going for it the brilliant story, direction, music and top notch acting from the two leads. Might not be Bruce Campbell's best knowing role but it's is his best performance shame it and the movie didn't get the recognition they deserved, a truly fantastic piece of acting. Shame nothing came of the sequel which there was rumors of . Hail to the king baby 10/10
Old 11th November 2013, 08:28 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Texas chainsaw massacre

Not much to say about this classic. 8.5/10

Texas chainsaw massacre 2.

Loved it, completely bonkers and Dennis hopper has to be seen to be belived. Makes leather faces family look nearly normal. Great gore and dark humor and has to have the best chainsaw battle in any movie. I actually like this more than the first and will probably get band for say it. 9.5/10
WHAT!!!!!!!
Old 11th November 2013, 08:28 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Exterminator 2

Great fun that doesn't out stay it's welcome. Even has Ron Taylor of Trading Places fame...who I hadn't seen in anything else (though clearly from IMDB he's done quite a few movies). Favourite novelty death = man burned out of tree. Favourite unintentionally funny moment = Mario Van Peebles doing one armed press-ups in a service elevator.
keirarts, trebor8273 and troggi like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!