Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179037Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th November 2013, 08:23 PM
Cult Addict

Having said that i thought Exorcism was one of Jesus's better movies.
Old 16th November 2013, 09:02 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
Personally i've got a thing about female vampires(70's muff style) and nuns. But that's just me.
come and join us...http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/gene...tml#post378247
Demdike@Cult Labs and troggi like this.
Old 16th November 2013, 11:25 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

SAFE. Jason Statham stabs, kicks, punches and shoots the living shit out of everyone. Glorious in it's excess.
Old 17th November 2013, 12:57 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

"The Devil's Rejects" I have been avoiding Mr Zombie's moving picture output in the mistaken belief that they would be as impenetrable to my mind as his music is to my ears. After watching "The Lords of Salem" a few months ago I realised that this was a mistake and I have now reinforced this by watching the excellent "The Devil's Rejects" 17/10

"Uzumaki" A town possessed by spirals, people turning into snail-like creatures, spiral related deaths and suicides - what's not to like? Strange Japanese madness which is puzzling, funny and weirdly unsettling - 15/10.

"Operation Condor" From Japanese surrealism to Chinese action and fun as Jacky Chan and three beautiful women hunt for Nazi gold - 'nuff said, 18/10

"Tideland" More surrealism, this time from the Dali of modern cinema, Terry Gilliam. Again, an unsettling piece, funny in places, jarringly odd in others and genuinely uncomfortable in others. Or maybe it is just my sensibilities, I don't know! Still a cracking film and worth 18/20.

Monster Magnet
Old 17th November 2013, 01:21 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by troggi View Post
"The Devil's Rejects" I have been avoiding Mr Zombie's moving picture output in the mistaken belief that they would be as impenetrable to my mind as his music is to my ears. After watching "The Lords of Salem" a few months ago I realised that this was a mistake and I have now reinforced this by watching the excellent "The Devil's Rejects" 17/10

"Uzumaki" A town possessed by spirals, people turning into snail-like creatures, spiral related deaths and suicides - what's not to like? Strange Japanese madness which is puzzling, funny and weirdly unsettling - 15/10.

"Operation Condor" From Japanese surrealism to Chinese action and fun as Jacky Chan and three beautiful women hunt for Nazi gold - 'nuff said, 18/10

"Tideland" More surrealism, this time from the Dali of modern cinema, Terry Gilliam. Again, an unsettling piece, funny in places, jarringly odd in others and genuinely uncomfortable in others. Or maybe it is just my sensibilities, I don't know! Still a cracking film and worth 18/20.
Some good stuff there Troggi, Uzumaki is really interesting although i found the ending a bit disappointing, supposedly its from a manga or jap comic or summin. But good film still.
Never seen Condor so can't really comment on that.
Tideland is really interesting, i found it to be a bit like a kids version of Texas chainsaw in some ways. i found it uncomfortable too but when you evaluate it objectively it sort of isn't. I won't go into detail in case i put anyone off watching it, but it's a really interesting and brave film from Gilliam.

Devils Reject's is good but i still prefer the first movie House of a 1000 corpses, same characters just more horror based, very chainsaw grimy feel and grindhouse influenced shenanigans. Also i find it pretty funny too, if you haven't seen it check it out.
Personally though i'd say skip the Halloween remakes, they're not badly made just kind of screw up what made the original so good.
Old 17th November 2013, 03:31 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Some good stuff there Troggi, Uzumaki is really interesting although i found the ending a bit disappointing, supposedly its from a manga or jap comic or summin. But good film still.
Tideland is really interesting, i found it to be a bit like a kids version of Texas chainsaw in some ways. i found it uncomfortable too but when you evaluate it objectively it sort of isn't. I won't go into detail in case i put anyone off watching it, but it's a really interesting and brave film from Gilliam.

Devils Reject's is good but i still prefer the first movie House of a 1000 corpses, same characters just more horror based, very chainsaw grimy feel and grindhouse influenced shenanigans. Also i find it pretty funny too, if you haven't seen it check it out.
Personally though i'd say skip the Halloween remakes, they're not badly made just kind of screw up what made the original so good.
Uzumaki is based of a Japanese manga, and a damn good one at that too.

As for Devil's Rejects, i find this film ridiculously over rated. Not enjoyable at all, pointless terrorising and brutality, and just straight up stupid at points. And that cop was one of the worst things to ever grace a cinema screen. And this is coming from someone who loved House of 1000 Corpses.
troggi and nosferatu42 like this.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 17th November 2013, 04:30 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:

Tideland is very much an either "love it" or "hate it" kind of film. I loved it. Very uncomfortable to watch at times and the dreamy feeling the film has won't appeal to everyone. 8/10

Operation Condor... 4/10

The Devil's Rejects is a modern masterpiece IMO (as is it's predecessor)9/10. How can you not love White Zombie? They're awesome

Not seen the other film.
troggi and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 17th November 2013, 08:37 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 View Post
Tideland is very much an either "love it" or "hate it" kind of film. I loved it. Very uncomfortable to watch at times and the dreamy feeling the film has won't appeal to everyone. 8/10

Operation Condor... 4/10

The Devil's Rejects is a modern masterpiece IMO (as is it's predecessor)9/10. How can you not love White Zombie? They're awesome

Not seen the other film.
I love Rob Zombie as a musician, very much more so than as a film maker.

Seeing him live in Feburary

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 17th November 2013, 10:02 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Yesterday I completed my Evil Dead marathon with viewings of Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness. As I had recently seen the former at Dead by Dawn I decided to give the commentary track a try out. It was a lot of fun. It is sometime since I watched Army of Darkness (probably not since the original DVD box set release). Both films are, as you already know, great fun and deserving of the place in the horror film pantheon.

I then finished the day with a late night viewing of Act of Valor which I really enjoy in a dumb, switch your brain off at the door action film kind of way. The action is fantastic while the acting leaves a lot to be desired.
ArgentoFan1987 and troggi like this.
Old 17th November 2013, 11:08 AM
Seasoned Cultist

watched pacific rim last night. loved it.
Invid Ninja and troggi like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!