LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th December 2013, 06:34 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals View Post
THE HOLIDAY

About 2 women who house swap and find love - it was well cast but dragged on as a romantic comedy it did not need to be 139 minutes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SShaw View Post
A guilty pleasure for me. I love all 139 minutes of it. I'll get my coat.
Quote:
Same Here
Make up your mind BoF..... It either drags or it doesn't....

I watched it again last week, its not bad at all. I especially like the Eli Wallach section of the story.
SShaw and Bringer Of Funerals like this.
Old 10th December 2013, 07:37 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watching IT. Forgot how creepy and terrifying this is, watching it has got me thinking will we ever see blu ray releases of Stephen kings mini series ?
Old 10th December 2013, 09:05 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Watching IT. Forgot how creepy and terrifying this is, watching it has got me thinking will we ever see blu ray releases of Stephen kings mini series ?
The first part (the kids) is very good, the second part (the adults) is okay. But the ending is terrible with that silly spider. The book is fantastic.
Old 10th December 2013, 11:38 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
I'm also thinking of getting S.A.C. instead of GHOST IN THE SHELL 2: INNOCENCE,I hope it's less about existential angst.
GITS 2 is a beautiful film. Feels a lot like Blade Runner for the most part, and chronologically I'm fairly sure it's the last GITS installment.

S. A. C. Is a superb show though. Typical flat anime anticlimactic ending, but I expect that from most animes.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 11th December 2013, 06:55 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Watched SQUIRM last night. Very enjoyable 70s horror. Great blu ray from Arrow too. Am tempted to check out Lieberman's other stuff, particularly like the look of REMOTE CONTROL - he's had blu rays of it pressed and is selling them from his website... it looks amazingly 80s
PaulD and Hawkmonger like this.

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti
Old 11th December 2013, 07:18 AM
Active Cultist

Watched the first Wrong Turn cant believe i've never seen it before yeah it was nothing original but it was tense and brutal so for me a good solid film i guess the sequals are poor in comparison
ArgentoFan1987 likes this.
Old 11th December 2013, 08:01 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Do I have to watch GHOST IN THE SHELL 2: INNOCENCE to understand STAND ALONE COMPLEX or not?
Consider them entirely separate entities. Same characters different universe.

For my money I prefer Stand alone complex to the films. It has a lot more time over the two series and spin of film solid state society (which SHOULD be watched after the series) to really go into the themes and ideas of the show in greater detail.
ArgentoFan1987 likes this.
Old 11th December 2013, 08:38 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyscreams View Post
The first part (the kids) is very good, the second part (the adults) is okay. But the ending is terrible with that silly spider. The book is fantastic.
agree first part is the best and the book is miles better. but i'm terrified of clowns ever since i can remember, creepy and evil
monkeyscreams likes this.
Old 11th December 2013, 09:20 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by anythinggoes78 View Post
Watched the first Wrong Turn cant believe i've never seen it before yeah it was nothing original but it was tense and brutal so for me a good solid film i guess the sequals are poor in comparison
I enjoyed it as you said nothing new but a decent watch all the same, 2 /3 aren't any better or worse just as enjoyable but can't make any judgement on 4/5 never seen them like anything else in a lot of films, tend to find first one good 2/3 ok and acceptable then after that I tend to lose interest, I do that in just about every films, never seen any Hellraisers, Children of the corn! Friday 13th saw, just a few to name after the 3rd one. Eg Hostel 3 i thought was terrible.
Maybe i am missing on some good films I don't know but I'm in no rush.
Old 11th December 2013, 09:22 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by anythinggoes78 View Post
I actually enjoy all 5 Wrong Turn films, but the quality does go down as the numbers go up
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!

Like this? Share it using the links below!