Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179480Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd December 2013, 09:09 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Tonights film was the blu-ray of Elysium. I rather liked this when I first saw it but it has lost a little second time round.
Old 24th December 2013, 09:39 AM
Cult Addict

Spider Baby. Brilliant and slightly insane film from Jack Hill.
I'd never even heard of this before Arrows excellent release which I blind bought in their sale last week.
I loved this bizarre merger of what feels like old b&w universal haunted house and seventies hillbilly nastiness with a dash of silly sixties b-movie innocence.
Old 24th December 2013, 10:39 AM
Cult Acolyte

Christmas just would not be Christmas without a season of Val Lewton films. And what better way to start off than with Cat People (1942).

The best version of this of this classic (along with the Muppets ). Best watched in the original black and white instead of the horrid colorization version that is always shown on TV now.
Old 24th December 2013, 12:06 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

A doc called 'I heart horror movies':

Features interviews with Doug Bradley, Tom Savini, Sid Haig and Tommy Findley from Friday the 13th part VI. Covers all of horrors incarnations, from movies, music, bars, make-up effects and writers like H.P Lovecraft. Contains loads of horror/movie convention footage and interviews with fans of the genre. Really good stuff and the seventy five minutes running time just fly by
bdc and keirarts like this.
Old 24th December 2013, 12:50 PM
Active Cultist

Corruption - what can you say about this? It's like loads of different movies scrunched together - I like Cushings intense psycho drama the best, but the ludicrous teen gang flic at the end was good fun too. The picture quality is incredible - this is a mandatory pick-up, will probably go out of print soon if GRs previous form is any guide.

Holy Motors - Holy shit! Didn't get this first time round, but loved it on second viewing. The trick is to relax and enjoy it on a scene by scene basis - don't worry too much about the bigger picture/narrative. The song at the end, where he returns to his 'family' is just gorgeous. This could prove a pretty addictive viewing experience. Ony 8.25 on blu at Amazon just now - give it a go!
Old 24th December 2013, 03:52 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Watched We are the Millers again today. I like it. Sorry, I'll get my coat…

I will hopefully have a chance to recharge the festive spirit later with Die Hard a great Christmas film.
Old 24th December 2013, 04:08 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Watched A Christmas Carol the George C. Scott version on Blu. While not as good as Alistair Sim still a very good portrayal.
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 24th December 2013, 06:59 PM
Active Cultist

Still going through my video nasties just finished Zombie Creeping Flesh which was so bad it was good at times now I've got either Hell Night or Don't answer the phone.
keirarts likes this.
Old 24th December 2013, 08:13 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

BEWARE MR BAKER. A documentary about Ginger Baker. Excellent insights into his music and just what a foul example of humanity a person can become given the right or wrong circumstances. The stuff about him living in Africa in the 1970s is amazing and the music he was producing eclipses anything I'd previously heard by him. Highly recommended even if you are not a fan of the music.
Rondadoronron likes this.
Old 24th December 2013, 08:36 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Horror express

One of my favourites, fantastic creepy atmosphere and some good performance I also enjoy the score, a mix of horror and sci-fi elements, in what is a sadly under appreciated gem. 10/10

Nightmare before Christmas

A bit of festive fun, with Tim Burton's unique vision and style. Some catchy songs. 9/10

Next a nice festive film in the form of zombie holocaust

Last edited by trebor8273; 24th December 2013 at 09:02 PM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!