Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179616Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th January 2014, 09:57 PM
Cult Addict

Dunno why the pictures done that. Ah well... The rest of the film looks impeccable so i'm assuming it's supposed to be there alright.

DVD and BD collection
Old 4th January 2014, 10:16 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Now its time to watch a girl with a tail.....
bdc and Make Them Die Slowly like this.
Old 4th January 2014, 10:21 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Now its time to watch a girl with a tail.....
I look forward to your review.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 5th January 2014, 12:16 AM
Cult Addict

Corruption

Blimey!

Peter Cushing is a rich surgeon engaged to a smoking hot model. He gets upset by a leery photographer, they have a fight and Cushings bird gets her face burned by one of the lamps. Wracked with guilt Cushing locks himself away searching for a way to repair the damage to her face and discovers a way harvesting the glands from severed heads. Fairly soon Cushing is off murdering lady's for their glands in order to give his missus happy. The things we do for love eh?

Cushing is great as the wet doctor dating way above his league and manages to elicit a lot of sympathy. Even when he's carving up a topless hooker. I've seen him play bastards before and his Baron Frankenstein is still a far bigger one than the doc here. The general tone of the film and the nastiness of the killings, especially in the 'continental' version is something i've not seen in a cushing film before. I nearly chocked on my tea! Corruption is a surprisingly sleazy entry in his C.V and I can see why he wasn't so keen on it.

It's a decent film however and looks phenomenal on grindhouses region free Blu-ray disc, I have to say however I disliked the final twist in the tale immensely and wished it had finished a minute or so earlier.

Also nice to see an early role for Billy Murray!
Old 5th January 2014, 10:16 AM
Cult Acolyte

Had not watched this in a while, so was great fun to see it again. Savini's effects are superb and Rick Wakeman's score really effective. Savini was right in saying that you do really like these kids and you are not thinking that you wished any of them to be hurried up and killed as in some movies.
bdc, sawyer6, trebor8273 and 2 others like this.
Old 5th January 2014, 10:53 AM
Cult Addict

Whats the region coding on the Corruption BD, Keirarts? Really like the sound of it.

So finished the Argento cut of Deep Red last night. Have to say i actually prefer the international cut. Besides the semi-decent is not amazing dub it just flows better than the directors cut which has some scenes that feel a bit tacked on, like Carlo and Marcus playing a duet in the Blue Bar or the extra scenes in Giana's car, the just felt like padding to what was already a decent set of developed characters. I'll give it a spin again somewhere down the line but if I ever want to watch Deep Red again (its my favourite Argento, so no doubt it'll be sooner rather than later)'for now it'll be the shorter cut.

DVD and BD collection
Old 5th January 2014, 12:49 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

World War Z and Sinister:-

Two good movies. My wife, Olivia, kept me company for WWZ and when she went to bed after, I stayed up some more and watched Sinister. Both excellent, nothing more I can say really
Old 5th January 2014, 12:50 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
Whats the region coding on the Corruption BD, Keirarts? Really like the sound of it.

So finished the Argento cut of Deep Red last night. Have to say i actually prefer the international cut. Besides the semi-decent is not amazing dub it just flows better than the directors cut which has some scenes that feel a bit tacked on, like Carlo and Marcus playing a duet in the Blue Bar or the extra scenes in Giana's car, the just felt like padding to what was already a decent set of developed characters. I'll give it a spin again somewhere down the line but if I ever want to watch Deep Red again (its my favourite Argento, so no doubt it'll be sooner rather than later)'for now it'll be the shorter cut.
Corruption is region free. Watched it on my ps3.
Hawkmonger likes this.
Old 5th January 2014, 01:38 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Premium Rush above average (with a made for TV feel) bicycle courier thriller.

Maniac Cop Round 2 of my Arrow Video season.

Off out shortly to catch THe Wall which is showing at the local Program Kino.
Old 5th January 2014, 03:26 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
Just finished watching Hatchet 2 and after really enjoying the first film can honestly say it's shit. While the gore towards the end is good, the first 60 minutes is basically Danielle Harris crying followed by some more crying, then some gore. It also looked cheap and after Adam Green's Frozen which had some great cinematography i would have expected better. People talk up Digital and while it can come in handy, Film is how this type of movie should be shot on.
If you get chance, I strongly recommend you give Hatchet III a go. I wasn't too keen on Hatchet II but III was good fun.

EDIT: Hahaha, just noticed I've replied to a post that's nearly 2 years old. My bad!

Like this? Share it using the links below!