Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree179046Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd February 2014, 10:23 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
SOUL MAN. It almost works...apart from the whole inherent racism at it's core!
You should try watching the 60's sitcom Curry and Chips with Spike milligan playing a Pakistani character.
Old 2nd February 2014, 10:53 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondadoronron View Post
You should try watching the 60's sitcom Curry and Chips with Spike milligan playing a Pakistani character.
I've seen clips...that was enough. Now, where are my "Mind Your Language" DVDs.
Rondadoronron likes this.
Old 2nd February 2014, 10:59 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
I've seen clips...that was enough. Now, where are my "Mind Your Language" DVDs.
You did right,it makes Mind Your Language look like Ken Livistone's fav sitcom and Bernard Manning the new Kofi Annan.
Old 2nd February 2014, 11:18 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondadoronron View Post
You did right,it makes Mind Your Language look like Ken Livistone's fav sitcom and Bernard Manning the new Kofi Annan.
Reminds me of the sketch from one of the Q series featuring the (un-pc, but very funny) Pakistani Daleks. 'Put it in the curry!'
Demoncrat and Susan Foreman like this.
Old 3rd February 2014, 12:49 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Just finished Computer Chess myself. Definitely my kind of quirky film. I'm a fan of people like Hal Hartley, so this was right up my street. Favourite scene would have to be the hotel room scene with the swinger couple.
I watched Computer Chess tonight too! And I am also a fan of Hal Hartley (although it's nothing like Hal Hartley). Interesting little curio, wasn't it? Not much happened, really, but it felt like something really odd was going on, and it gets kinda trippy.

Anyway, I'm knackered and it's one to ponder over so thoughts may come later down the line. Bed calls...
Old 3rd February 2014, 12:51 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirium View Post
I watched Computer Chess tonight too! And I am also a fan of Hal Hartley (although it's nothing like Hal Hartley). Interesting little curio, wasn't it? Not much happened, really, but it felt like something really odd was going on, and it gets kinda trippy.

Anyway, I'm knackered and it's one to ponder over so thoughts may come later down the line. Bed calls...

Yeah, I just mentioned Hartley because he makes no budget quirky indie films.
Old 3rd February 2014, 11:02 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Just watched Jack and Jill last night. It's about a successful businessman and family man who dreads Thanksgiving each year for the fact that his attention seeking, needy twin sister always spoils things. Both Jack and Jill are played by... Adam Sandler! This is one of the worst comedies I've seen in quite a while. Sandler manages to be just as annoying as ever in both roles and even an appearance from Al Pacino can't save things! 1/10
Old 3rd February 2014, 12:21 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 View Post
Just watched Jack and Jill last night. It's about a successful businessman and family man who dreads Thanksgiving each year for the fact that his attention seeking, needy twin sister always spoils things. Both Jack and Jill are played by... Adam Sandler! This is one of the worst comedies I've seen in quite a while. Sandler manages to be just as annoying as ever in both roles and even an appearance from Al Pacino can't save things! 1/10

You being punished for something? I've heard they use this in Guantanamo Bay!
ArgentoFan1987 likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 3rd February 2014, 01:08 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watched The Skin I Live In (Pedro Almodovar, 2011) last night on BBC4. Good build up, unsatisfying conclusion imo. In that, the more I thought about it, the less it seemed to gel. C'est la vie.

Filth (Jon S Baird, 2013). Welsh's last decent novel imho is brought to the screen. Macavoy certainly goes for it, but I would rather an older actor had played the part, as befitted the character. Ho hum!!

Emanuelle in Bangkok (1976, Joe D'amato). Woooooh, it's been a while. Gemser looks vacant, Rassimov looks at Gemser and thinks to himself "She is fine". End of film. or at least, end of my concentration haha.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 3rd February 2014, 01:13 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
You being punished for something? I've heard they use this in Guantanamo Bay!
It's horrendous. I have no idea what leverage Adam Sandler has on Al Pacino to make him have a leading role in the film, but it must be some deep, dark secret Pacino doesn't want made public!
ArgentoFan1987 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!