Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179480Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th February 2014, 11:42 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Not as good as the Leones', Unforgiven or High Plains Drifter - but I still really like it:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (87.0 KB, 6 views)
Old 17th February 2014, 12:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Mark Of The Vampire (1935, Tod Browning)
The two Lionels (Barrymore & Atwill) fight it out to wipe out an evil curse. Or do they? An odd wee film, with slightly flimsy plotting cough. Will rewatch at some point.

Transporter 3 (Olivier Megaton, 2008)
Frank's back, and the fists are flying. Pity about the romantic nonsense....

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 17th February 2014, 03:00 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

The Fantasist (1986)

An odd one this. A film that doesn't know if it wants to be a disturbing psychological adult film or a twee, cack handed, cliche ridden Irish love in. After a stylishly savage opening ten minutes the film becomes rather dull for the next hour treating us to stereotypical shots of people downing Guinness, driving along lush country lanes etc etc. Then we have a very good last ten minutes where the film culminates in a terrific kinky game of cat and mouse between aggressor and victim with the tables potentially turning as to who is who.

Considering this came from the man behind The Wicker Man it was disappointing to say the least.

In the end The Fantasist is a film i'll have to watch again to decide if i liked it or not.

Edit - I'm not having a go at the Irish in this post just the cliche's which go as far as racial stereotypes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 51JFASBV84L.jpg (33.8 KB, 7 views)
keirarts and Frankie Teardrop like this.

Last edited by Demdike@Cult Labs; 17th February 2014 at 06:05 PM.
Old 17th February 2014, 03:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

devils rain

i really enjoyed, this and cant understand why it got such a panning on release, it has it flaws but there are lot worse films out there many that got good reviews that are a lot worse than this.

found it very atmospheric and creepy and loved the melting effects. was a surprise to see Shatner give a performance that was not over the top. also had a lot of well knowing faces. a pleasant surprise that just goes to show critics dont know what there are talking about sometimes. 8/10
Old 17th February 2014, 03:49 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Bad Grandpa saw this on a small portable DVD player sat in back of a van, would have enjoyed more watching on a large TV sat in comfort at hone , either way if this down make u laugh smile or chuckle a few tines then you've got no sense of humour , recommended. Doesn't go to overboard or get to the ridiculous stage most of it except a few scenes are just light hearted plain and simple humour ..
Old 17th February 2014, 05:45 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Gettin' It. (2007)

Comedy about a young chap who unwittingly gains the reputation of having a foot long cock and before long comes to the attention of his towns strippers, milfs and horny housewives who all look on him as a challenge.

Aside from the final twenty minutes where the film makers attempt to deliver a more meaningful story line, Gettin' It is a pathetically puerile teen wank fest where the camera leers at butts and breasts.... Sorry to be superficial but i liked it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg movie_189743.jpg (32.8 KB, 5 views)
Old 17th February 2014, 05:57 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Bill and teds excellent adventure.

Can't believe this is 25 years old, god I feel old. But it's a great film that always brings a smile to my face , basically probably the best thing Keanu has done, the role of Ted suits him perfectly. A great feel good comedy with two very likable lead characters . Party on dudes 9.5/10

Tried watching the conjuring turned of after 40 minutes not bad but just seemed to lack something, will try again this weekend.

Now watching the curse with Will Wheeeeatoooon!!! If enough time maybe a classic 50s/ 60s sci fi film.
Old 17th February 2014, 06:03 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
probably the best thing Keanu has done
*cough Point Break cough*

The Conjuring is a great film, well worth having another go at
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 17th February 2014, 06:08 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post

The Conjuring is a great film, well worth having another go at
How could I forget. Who doesn't want scream aargh while shooting a gun in the air. The thing with the conjuring was busy making something to eat and my full attention was not on it, probably best to give it your full attention.
Old 17th February 2014, 06:09 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
*Cough , The Devil's Advocate, The Matrix, Speed cough cough*

So many coughs i'm gettin' flu.
Rik likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!