Like Tree179485Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th February 2014, 09:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
Let the people decide...
The right. All I see on the left is a dog wearing a dress, ok she's not that bad but she's average at best. She's just so bland with a personality that matches.
Old 27th February 2014, 09:57 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Let the people decide...
Give me Kristen.
Old 27th February 2014, 10:01 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Let the people decide...
Well im disgusted by this show of chauvinism shown on this forum,treating women like meat just to please your own carnal pleasures,besides we all know you judge women on the size of there jugs,bloody amatuers the lot of you.
Old 27th February 2014, 10:05 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Fear not ladies Ron is here to protect you.
Old 27th February 2014, 10:34 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Staunton Hill (2009)

According to horror legend George A Romero, Staunton Hill is "as scary as it gets". A great quote so surely Staunton Hill is worth checking out. Then you begin to realize it's directed by Cameron Romero - George's son - hardly objective then.

There really is nothing wrong with Staunton Hill, but being from a Romero i expected something a little bit more challenging than a teens stranded on a desolate farm then getting hacked up by the resident loonies. It's nicely directed by the younger Romero and features some succulently realistic flesh ripping savagery in the name of the medical profession. However not one aspect of the film is remotely original. The first forty or so minutes are slower than a tortoise race with unexceptional characters and dialogue. Whilst the second half improves somewhat because that's when the butchery begins. The gore saves the film from being a total write off as it's really well done with good old fashioned make up, latex and buckets of the red stuff with no CGI to be seen.

Unfortunately it's not enough to really recommend the film to others. Sorry Cameron, but where your dad's debut feature was a "What the **** was that?" piece of extraordinary horror, Staunton Hill proves to be just a little too "Ho hum seen it all before".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg StauntonHillDVD.jpg (79.5 KB, 9 views)
Old 28th February 2014, 08:00 AM
Active Cultist

Nightmare City - I dont know maybe i just wasn't in the right mood for this film, could not get into it even though it had Kenny Everett, a plot from Dallas, a tv that explodes when thrown and Zombies capable of landing a plane. It was just too silly for me to get into, maybe after some JD's Id enjoy it more.

Savages Crossing - Brought this as it had John Jarrett in it (Wolf Creek Guy) and my partner likes Mcleods Daughters which stars him, plus it had another chick from Mcleods in it and Craig MClachlan (Henry from Neighbours). Not the best film, acting is passable some tension but not a lot John Jarratt plays the role as drunk, basically he has been released or escaped from Prison or an asylum its not made clear and heads home to get money from his wife but she finds out he is coming and bolts it, but also puts a bounty hunter on her husband anyhow one way or another they all end up at a petrol station, Wife, Son Jon Jarratt and bounty Hunter plus the owners and some travellers and are trapped due to a flooded river, anyhow cat and mouse antics afoot with a drunken delerious John Jarratt. 5/10 on a good day worth a pick up if £3 somewhere.
keirarts likes this.
Old 28th February 2014, 12:43 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondadoronron View Post
Well im disgusted by this show of chauvinism shown on this forum,treating women like meat just to please your own carnal pleasures,besides we all know you judge women on the size of there jugs,bloody amatuers the lot of you.
I have to agree with this, people

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

I am not a pretty girl, and some of the 'jovial' comments that have been aimed at me in the past from people I have met in the street have really hurt

Please think before you make posts describing people as ugly or dogs, especially if you cannot be bothered to upload an avatar picture of what you yourself really look like!!!!

Rant over...for the time being

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 28th February 2014, 03:45 PM
Cult Addict

SAFETY NOT GUARANTEED. Rather fine comedy about loss, bereavement, being alive and building a time machine! I really enjoyed this, the humour is warm and the whole film feel has an uplifting quality that isn't forced or intrusive to the plot or characterisation. Recommended.
Old 28th February 2014, 03:51 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
SAFETY NOT GUARANTEED. Rather fine comedy about loss, bereavement, being alive and building a time machine! I really enjoyed this, the humour is warm and the whole film feel has an uplifting quality that isn't forced or intrusive to the plot or characterisation. Recommended.
Just had a look into this. It sounds pretty good to me. It's gone into my wishlist for when it drops below a fiver (pes, i know ).

Thanks for the recommendation.
Old 28th February 2014, 03:55 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Just had a look into this. It sounds pretty good to me. It's gone into my wishlist for when it drops below a fiver (pes, i know ).

Thanks for the recommendation.
It's on Netflix, if you have it.

Like this? Share it using the links below!